FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Day!

+2
Blackrock
Fate Flyer
6 posters

Go down

Star Wars Day! Empty Star Wars Day!

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 04, 2011 11:48 am

I just found out from my boyfriend that today is Star Wars Day! I am a huge Star Wars fan (it even decorates my car), and I am anxiously looking forward to TOR.

Yoda

May the fourth be with you!

R2D2
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Day! Empty Re: Star Wars Day!

Post by Blackrock Wed May 04, 2011 12:01 pm

May the 4th be with you, too! Very Happy

I've got high hopes for SWTOR myself, I'm part of a RP campaign which has been working on our character's backstories using d20 (Star Wars Saga Edition ruleset) for the past two years. We're all quite eager to get our hands on it. Vader
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed May 04, 2011 2:26 pm

May the 4th be with you too! Very Happy

I celebrate this every year. I'm a huge, huge huuuuuge Star Wars fan. <3
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh wow, that is awesome, Blackrock. Very Happy I'm really glad that there seem to be a lot of people looking forward to the new Star Wars MMO. I hope it is very successful.

I'm also really happy that there are some other big Star Wars fans here too.

I am currently reading the Legacy of the Force series & hope to move on to Fate of the Jedi afterward (given that I can afford it). The Legacy Era is my favorite, with The Old Republic as a close second.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu May 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Legacy of the Force series = awesome. I own them all. (Then again, I own over 75% of all the Star Wars books out there. But still.)

I'm working on Fate of the Jedi, myself. I haven't gotten a chance to finish reading Vortex because I don't have it up with me at school, but it's a fantastic new addition to a long series of great books.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Also, "Fate" of the Jedi. xD

I heard about this just this year! It's so awesome!
May the 4th be with you! xD

Hmm... the 4th is Thtrong with thith one...
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Lara wrote:Legacy of the Force series = awesome. I own them all. (Then again, I own over 75% of all the Star Wars books out there. But still.)

I'm working on Fate of the Jedi, myself. I haven't gotten a chance to finish reading Vortex because I don't have it up with me at school, but it's a fantastic new addition to a long series of great books.
O_O Holy crap, you are lucky. That's insane. I wish more than anything that I had enough time and money for that many books. <3 That's gotta be hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth! I am concerned just about saving enough money to own the whole Fate of the Jedi series, since that alone is around $270 (for the hardcover at least, which I would prefer). I've heard really great things about that series though, and what I like about it is that it's the very last series in the Star Wars universe, so it's the last bit of information you get about everything, which really intrigues me.

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Also, "Fate" of the Jedi. xD

I heard about this just this year! It's so awesome!
May the 4th be with you! xD

Hmm... the 4th is Thtrong with thith one...
xD Lol I always think that now too when I hear my username, Kalon. There's a Champion in League of Legends (an online game) named Fate (well, Twisted Fate), and any time anyone says his name, I always think they're talking to me haha.

I know, right!? I was super excited that there's a day just to celebrate Star Wars.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri May 06, 2011 5:45 am

I have a couple Kel Dor floating around in my brain. There was also a Dug; he was awesome. And then there's an Epicanthix for the most recent Star Wars RP I did, this one on FOG, though that hit a block a while back.

Kel Dor are so cool! xD

Recently I stumbled upon the Essential Star Wars Atlas, or something like that, at the library where I work. THAT was AWESOME. The galaxy at a glance, like never before. I'd seen maps and things, but this had so much!

And then, just today, I was thinking... I thought to myself, I thought,
Wouldn't It Be Awesome If There Was STAR WARS meets MASS EFFECT.

No really, it could work!
Remember how Star Wars is a Long Time Ago in a galaxy Far, Far Away....? We-ell, if the Reapers happen to be capable of intergalactic travel... see where I'm going with this? xD
That's one way it could go: with the Reapers interfering with Star Wars history way before the recorded 50,000 years of Star Wars history. Or even somewhere IN the Star Wars history. Or even AFTER it, since it's still a Long Time Ago.

The other way is that the galaxy is not so Far, Far Away.... because ALL galaxies are FAR, FAR AWAY.... so the Star Wars galaxy could actually be RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Milky Way. Think about THAT! There are humans in Star Wars, and they had to get there somehow, right? Maybe some Star Wars humans got lost and came to Earth, even.

*sudden thought*
GASP

All this time I was thinking that Mass Effect and Star Trek couldn't co-exist, because they're both on Earth and in the Milky Way. BUT, if we ignore the similarities of Earth history, we could say that Star Trek came first, a Long Time Ago. *dun dun dun* In WAAAAAAY future of Star Trek, the whole galaxy gets wiped out (by REAPERS), but some humans survive by warping to.... *dun dun dun DUNNNNN* the STAR WARS galaxy!!!

Then, later, some wandering Star Wars humans re-spawn Earth, and stuff happens all over again, and TA-DAA, Mass Effect! xD

And then Mass Effect and Star Wars develop intergalactic travel (maybe discovering some HUGE mass relays left behind by the Reapers?) and join up! NERD HEAVEN!!

....amazing what brainstorms coffee and staying up late can generate... 8D

but it's AWESOME, right?? xDDD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 06, 2011 1:04 pm

lol Kalon, you crack me up. Never let go of your enthusiasm. Smile

I only ever played through the beginning of Mass Effect 1 and played through even less of Mass Effect 2, so I'm not really all that familiar with the games. I'm sure it could work though. After all, Spielberg's E.T. was incorporated into the Star Wars universe!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Whoa, hey, that's true!
And THAT means that Star Wars and Earth already ARE connected!

Heehee.
Heeheehee.
HeeheeHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, heheh, heehee.
Muhaha
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat May 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:
O_O Holy crap, you are lucky. That's insane. I wish more than anything that I had enough time and money for that many books. <3 That's gotta be hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth! I am concerned just about saving enough money to own the whole Fate of the Jedi series, since that alone is around $270 (for the hardcover at least, which I would prefer). I've heard really great things about that series though, and what I like about it is that it's the very last series in the Star Wars universe, so it's the last bit of information you get about everything, which really intrigues me.

Oh, no, not nearly that much. I buy all my books used, usually for $2 or less. =) But yeah, I've been collecting for years. My favorite was when my library decided to get rid of most of their Star Wars collection, so I picked up an insane amount of ones I didn't already own for a quarter a piece. <3

It's the last series? I had no idea! Does that mean they're not coming out with any more, or does that just mean they just won't continue the storyline any further? -will have to look this up now...- It's definitely a very good one, though!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 7:25 pm

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet...

May the 4th be with you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 am

I know I am late, but May the Fourth be with you all!

Though I of course mean the dark side. Smile
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon May 07, 2012 12:55 pm

The Daahk Saiyd of the Fohth! [/vadervoice]

The Fohth is Strong with this'un!

May the Fourth be with you all! cheers
(even though it's the seventh. but after all, there were 3 original StarWars movies, so we could say that we watched them all for the subsequent days, one each, and were so enraptured that we didn't get around to posting May the Fourth until three days afterward. It'll work. It'll work.)

*Jedi (or is it... Sith!...) mind trick*
*waves hand around like that*
*but not at toydarians*
*'cause, you know, mind-a tricks-a don't-a work on-a them. ooonly moneeeey...* 8D
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

On the fourth I got out all of theoden's star war toys, and a few space ships, put on episode 1 and then 2, and colored pictures of yoda, c3po, r2d2 and a ship (can't remember what class atm...) Yea...star wars at daycare XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down