FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror

4 posters

Go down

The Mirror  Empty The Mirror

Post by Artorius Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 am

War has long raged in the land of Evanotia. Peace is but a whisper on the lips of old men, a generation on the brink of extinction. There are two kingdoms on this grand continent, at the heart of it all: Enola and Gornada. They lie to the far east of the continent, and the north, respectively. They have both contracted alliances with smaller kingdoms on the Grand Continent, throwing this continent into chaos.

World

Enola
For far too long now, Enola has run under the reign of the Grand Regent Skoll Arkenhand. Skoll assumed the title of Grand Regent after the assassination of the whole of the royal family by Trentian assassins contracted by Gornada. The sole survivor of this assassination was the infant child of King Matias Drakengaurd IV: Alexander Drakenguard II. In his regency, Skoll has initiated the Gorno-Enolian War and tried to expand the Enolian borders through conquest. His position as head of the military has transformed Enola into a militaristic state. Their allies are Reardon, and the Confederation of Desert States.

Gornada
Gornada is ruled by one Emperor Talberd Ian Fasatune (pronounced fast-oo-nay). The uncle of Skoll, Emperor Talberd feels it is his duty to rule over Enola. When Skoll refused to give up power and attacked Gornada, Talberd had no choice but to retaliate. Though he wishes the war would end, Talberd sees no compromise, either he will be emperor of Enola, or no one else. The beautiful capital city of Gornada lies in the Gaseous Mountains (named for the presence of poisonous gas found in certain valleys within the range) it is a center of culture and technology for all of the Grand Continent. Their allies are Tallon, Fester, and Nock.

Other
Short kingdom summaries to be included later

Gameplay
You will play as either a soldier, commoner, or landed aristocrat during this great war. No matter your rank, or title, you will participate in action, as this will be action oriented. Also, you may petition to be another "class" if you wish. In addition, you will all have to belong to the kingdom of Gornada for now, as we will begin in the capital city of Gornada. However, you may branch out and create new characters once you are acquanted with the world and its inhabitants. You may always use your creativity to come up with new monsters or races and in character creation I challenge you to create your own race to populate this world with. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask, There is definitely magic involved, its in the form of Essence, which I will delve into once I've garnered interest. I have many ideas and the intro thread will be greatly expanded if/when I get enough interest. PM me or reply to this thread for interest. I will accept 6 members to start. Thank you.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Mirror  Empty Re: The Mirror

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:53 pm

I will do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Okay that's one member. I get two more and we'll get this off the ground
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:40 am

I have some interest, but I'm unsure what the plot would be like. Is the story largely player-driven? Or is there some predetermined arc that will unfold? If it's the latter, what can you tell us about it?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 pm

As with most of my RP's there is a predetermined arc. However I do let my players have a big say in the story. I encourage character develoment and relationship building. Also all characters will have a major role within the story. I don't want you to feel your character is just a spectator or third wheel in this adventure. You will all be important. You get to help shape this world. I lay down the foundation and then you guys can help me build. The world is as much your creation as it is mine. I want everyone in this RP to feel ownership. However, I am GM and that does come with special priveleges hahaha but I won't abuse my position. Once I garner interest from one more member I will post an intro thread. This will give you all the information you need to know about pre-existing creatures, locations, etc. It will also contain a heading called story which will clarify any major plot points to start.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:18 pm

I express interest. Very Happy
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror  Empty very much intersted

Post by deadpixel101 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:54 am

i am very interested in this rp and story i have a few questions other than may i participate in it
what format is this rp in im used to script also how experianced do we have to be im a bit lacking in that departmentand is essence the form of magic classified by elements?

deadpixel101
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:11 am

This RP is closed to membership, but thank you for expressing interest
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light