FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Against... My Patience?

2 posters

Go down

Race Against... My Patience? Empty Race Against... My Patience?

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:35 pm

I was considering posting this in the complaints thread, but after thinking it over, its just too amusing now to really complain about. I mean, I had this coming to me, I knew I wouldn't completely get away with it. So just sit back and listen to this funny story.

My dad came down to visit me on base yesterday. We hung out together, went to Applebee's, gave him a tour of the installation, went to the theater and saw The Rite (very good movie, by the way, I highly recommend it), and then just hung out in a business suite at the base inn (and for only $48 a night, it was like a four-star hotel.... they had a liquor cabinet! xD).

Anyway, the next morning we decided to go and get breakfast. I threw my laptop and xbox (we had been up most of the night having fun in the hotel room) in his BMW and I hopped in the passenger seat. I meant to retrieve the stuff after breakfast and place everything back in my car; but I had completely forgotten. After we said goodbye to each other and he drove off, it was then that I realized that, in my stupidity, I had left my two most prized electronics in my dad's car and he was headed off to Springfield - an eight hour drive away. SON OF A &%*$^^@(*@uoi#@&*@u&*!!!!!!!!!

No time to waste I jump in my G6 and wake up my cell phone. I tried to call the front gate to initiate a stop-all (being Security Forces, I can do that), but it was too late. Dad was out the gate. I tried to call him, but his phone was either turned off or he had no signal out here in the middle of Oklahoma.... typical. Without sparing a second thought I do what I do best: drive. Let me tell you something, you don't know how to drive until you've been behind the wheel of a patrol car. As a cop that has gone speeding across the flight line and runways to get from one end of the base to another in an emergency response, dodging a few C-17s here and there and the occasional KC-135 refueling craft, I know how to book it.

Car in gear, I'm speeding out the gate of Altus AFB and making my out on the highway. Dodging one slow grandma after another, I quickly make my way out of town... at approximately 120 mph... >_>

The problem.... Its not that I'm materialistic and can't live without electronics... its that my laptop contains a certain file with certain information that shouldn't be leaked to certain people.... i.e. people that don't work for a Uniformed Services department.

Finally! My dad picks up the phone. "Hey bud, what's up?"

"YOU HAVE MY STUFF!"

...."Oh crap!"

We agree to meet each other halfway. We weren't too far apart, thanks to my driving. But as soon as I hung up and slowed it down to about 87 (limit is 70) guess what happens? Yup.

Flashing lights. Two seconds later I'm at 0 and on the side of the Oklahoma highway, watching some nice fellow get out of his patrol vehicle make his way up to me wearing a pretty cowboy hat. uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh Automatically, I'm reaching for my insurance and my license.

The two of us had a little talk. Luckily, he only clocked me at 87 and was completely unaware of my average speed earlier. He found out quickly that I was Air Force and I went ahead admitted to the irony of it, being a cop myself. He was pretty chill about the whole thing and so was I. I explained that I was in a state of panic and over-reacted and that my foot was far too heavy for that pedal. He told me that he wasn't going to inform my First Sergeant, but he would have to give me a ticket because going 17 mph over was just too fast to get away with.

And that, my friends, is how I received my first ticket.... Chasing down my dad because he's making off with FOUO (For Official Use Only) material and my xbox 360... with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood still in the dang drive (great game, by the way).

So... bad news: I have to pay the state of Oklahoma a $250 ticket by March 6.
Good news: I was let off pretty easy. Learned a valuable lesson.... whatever that was.... Got my stuff back. And I'm back on base enjoying a cup of joe and laughing about this whole ordeal while listening to Retreat play over the base speakers (end of the duty day). Oh... and I also found out how fast my baby can get up there. xD
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Race Against... My Patience? Empty Re: Race Against... My Patience?

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Ha! Great story! xD
You do whatcha gotta do, I guess. At least you have a really good excuse. I would have panicked almost as much if it was just the Xbox! Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down