FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus )

4 posters

Go down

Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus ) Empty Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus )

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus ) Circus_Noir_by_Ravven78

The big top is set up right out of town.
"Come one and all!" They spread around.
Dancing skeletons and werewolf cries,
can you see through their deception, their lies?
Nightscape can be the best show on Earth!
Just be careful to not end up in a hearse!

- poem by a former Nightscapes performer

Nightscape is a travelling circus and a safe house for the not-so human that tiptoe across the land. See, in this day and age, people knew of the existence of creatures of the night like vampires and werewolves. They were allowed to live among humans but most were nomadic due to the way the humans seem to discriminate against them. The only way for creatures to make money was to join a circus or a travelling show. Our story here takes place among a group of these supernatural individuals and humans alike. Let me introduce you to a few of our key players.

Soul Daemons -
Known Members of Nightscape ; One
  • Soul Daemons are some of the deadliest known Night Creatures.
  • They collect and feed from the souls of those around them.
  • A Soul Daemon can be identified by the silvery glow they have in their eyes.
  • Those bounded to a Soul Daemon by blood become mystical property of the Soul Daemon they are bound to.
  • Soul Daemons are made, not born. This is done through the Soul Daemon offering part of his soul to another.

Vampyer -
Known Members of Nightscape ; Two
    There are many forms of vampires. These take characteristics from a few of those forms and some things are "original".
  • Vampyers of pure-blood are born.
  • Half-Vampyers are humans that are fed from and then feed from full-blooded vampyers.
  • Vampyers ( no matter the pureness of blood ) can only go out in the daylight if their skin is covered. However, their heads/faces/neck may be exposed for up to four hours before they start to burn.
  • There are two times of the year when Vampyers lose complete control over their bloodlust. The Soul Daemon of Nightscape keeps the two locked up during these times so they can't kill anyone.
  • Vampyers can feed from both humans and other vampyers. If they feed from others of their kind, they MUST feed from the opposite sex or else they will become ill.
  • Sibling vampyers ( like the ones in Nightscape ) are able to communicate telepathically, no matter how far apart they are born or what female they are born to. If they share the same father, they will have this ability.
  • Some vampyers have abilities, some don't.

Were-Creatures
Known Members of Nightscape ; Three
  • Were-Creatures are created by being bitten by a were-creature. There is no exception.
  • Werewolves travel in packs but the one in Nightscape was exiled from his pack after losing his Alpha rank.
  • No matter what species of were-creature, the moon effects not only their physical changes but mental/personality changes as well.
  • Different moon phases affect different were's ; canines are affected by a full moon ; felines are affected by a half moon ; hooved creatures are affected by a quarter moon ; aquatic creatures are affected by a crescent moon. ( just ask if you have questions )
  • Some were-creatures have ears/tails even when in their human form.

Necromancers -
Known Members of Nightscape ; Two
  • Necromancy can be learned but it can also be passed from father to child.
  • One vampyer is also a Necromancer.
  • Necromancers are allowed to control the dead but only skeletons when humans are present.
  • Necros are the only creatures that a Soul Daemon fears.
  • The other Necro of Nightscape is under the Soul Daemon's full control through blood bonding. ( this means he/she can not attack him )

Unseelie Fae
Known Members of Nightscape ; One
  • All Fae have the ability of Glamour.

* * Glamour - Glamour is basically the power of illusion, except that these illusions are very sophisticated and supernaturally powered. These illusions allow for virtual invisibility and a change in appearance. The Glamours can only be held for a short amount of time (usually about an hour); however, there are Fae that possess the ability to stay within a Glamour for as long as they wish although these Fae are rare. * *

• Unseelie Fae are known for playing pranks on everyone. The Fae in Nightscape happens to be the circus's Jester.
  • All Fae have pale, emerald green eyes.
  • They are weak against iron and rowan wood.
  • Shiny things attract them and they are known to steal shiny items that catch their eyes.

There are plenty of other creatures in the circus as well; kelpies, succubi, incubi, devils, etc. If you have an idea for something not listed, please let me know!

The main plot is just to play out their lives and struggles as "freaks" in a "normal" world. I know Creature Hunters will eventually come into play but that is for a later time. IF YOU HAVE IDEAS, PLEASE SHARE THEM!

PRE-MADE CHARACTERS

"Ring" ( Ring Master ) - Soul Daemon
Taken By: - - -
Spoiler:

Hawthorne ( Valencia's Older Brother - Sword/Fire/Object Eater ) - Vampyer
Taken By: - - -
Spoiler:

Valencia ( Hawthorne's Younger Sister - Necromancer - Acrobat/Highwire Act ) - Vampyer
Taken By: Anaris
Spoiler:

AVAILABLE CHARACTERS
THREE Were-Creatures ( not all werewolves! )
ONE other "dark/night" creatures

Last edited by Anaris on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus ) Empty Re: Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus )

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Would you allow a kitsune or a anasazi derivative?

Back to top Go down

Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus ) Empty Re: Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus )

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Sure.
Ill just need some basic inforamtion on whichever creature you use.
^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:40 pm

This is interesting. I'll probably end up taking the part of the other necromancer. That's the one with the blood bond to Ring, right?
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Correct.

I'm glad you are interested. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Ah the Fae, I'll get started on the profile? It's the same as the ones up right?
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Yes it is Unicorn. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:08 am

I think I am going to do a Kitsune. Wiki has some good information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:11 am

Mmkay.

You can make a profile if you like. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:21 am

Are the characters allocated on a first-come-first-served basis? Because the only character that particularly caught my interest was the Fae (I'm always a sucker for the Fae), but there's only one and it's been dibbed and whatnot.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:33 am

I can allow a second Fae as Nightscape's Illusionist if that is the only character that catches your eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:00 pm

um, the picture of my girl fae I found that is jester lik (and I've been looking for quite a while) is blue eyed and blue haired, I can change the color scheme to green, but that'd give her green hair, you wouldn't mind would you?
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Actually, if you like, you can always say her eyes and hair are blue thanks to her Glamour. I don't mind if she is one of the more powerful Unseelie Fae that can hold their Glamour for as long as they please. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh, ok, actually if that's the case then she could change colors to match any funny moment of costume XD, ok thanks I'll just go with that.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Mmkay. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Is a jester or magician still open?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

We need a Magician. We have our Jester already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I can take that job then. Showboating is something fun to write about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Alrighty. I'll probably make an OoC for this sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Nightscape ( dark/supernatural circus ) Aabcc58ea0fe28ffc13fd771d5ebea50b24b9055
True Name:
Confucia

Nickname:
Coni

Apparent age:
About as old as she appears....if you have disillusioned eyes that is!

Race:
Unseelie Fae

Five personality traits:
Shrewd, Confusing, Obtuse, Cheerful, Childish

Short Bio:
Confucia has never known a life out of the circus and is not as old as the others. She was found by the Vampyre siblings as an infant, in the arms of a dead male Fae that seemed to have died from exhaustion. Confucia does not know the circumstances of that Fae, but it was speculated that perhaps her mother was hunted down and the man had been kind enough to run with the baby, her. Whatever the case may be Confucia is here now! Bent on making the crowd laugh before they leave, and keeping things lively around the compound. Even if the lively nature may be of the mischievous sort.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:06 pm

This looks very interesting. Do you need a clown character and/or a "lion tamer" -- you know, tamer of magnificent beasts, a menagerie, whatever --, and do you mind if I have more than one character? If you do (to the second), that's fine. : ]

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:08 pm

You can have up to 3 characters.
Clown characters are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Great! And the tamer of beasts?

...Yes, I did go back and edit my post to put that in there because I'm silly and forgot to mention it.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Sure. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Fantastic! I'll just get to work on those two, shall I?

Yay, circus RP~

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Yup.

Since we seemto have enough people, I can NPC Ring & Hawthorne and Ill have our OOC up soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Any eta on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down