FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money

5 posters

Go down

Blood Money Empty Blood Money

Post by Loki Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am

Blood Money OOC

October 27th, 2003 ----- New York City, NY

The city is finally starting to resume some sort of normalcy in the wake of the 9/11 attacks. Society has lost much of the unifying spirit that gave them the strength to overcome the fears of the terror that overtook the city just over two years ago and the people are vulnerable as they continue to pick up the pieces of their shattered illusion of protection. A sense of unease lingers throughout the city like a haze that leaves all within unable to see what dangers may be lurking near allowing them to only see the obscured silhouette of something beyond the range of clarity, unable to be distinguished as friend or foe.

From the chaos of a public cry to arms and political turmoil came Dionyne Incorporated. In a matter of months the company grew at an unprecedented rate thanks to the backing of tens of thousands of wealthy and influential figures. Dionyne is involved in just about everything ranging from pharmaceuticals to international trading and is currently among the top 10 most powerful corporations in the world. Their community outreach programs have made them a hero among the general population, though the involvement of several controversial figures has caused their popularity to wane as the company begins to lose interest for helping those in need. The reality is that nobody really knows much about the company since the divisions within are compartmentalized to a point where general information is hard to come by. With all influential people that surround them, the board of directors at Dionyne exist in name only without a single photo that reveals more than the back of their head or a very vague profile.

In these apprehensive times, the magical and supernatural community has been making a conscious effort to maintain their anonymity. History has shown time and time again that revealing the existence of the paranormal to a society so tightly wound up would be catastrophic. The Inquisition and the Witch Trials were bad enough, but enticing another such incident of irrational paranoia when combined with nuclear arsenals has the potential to tear the entire world asunder. On the other hand, some might view that as the perfect opportunity to strike out when those who would impede their progress would have to react carefully.

The air in the small oasis of land within the lush fjord was humid, but not uncomfortably so as the tear between realms closed behind the Kitsune. The sentries of the summer court reacted to his presence with a momentary glance before returning to their duties. As he walked up the shallow incline of the island, Isoke could practically feel the smug grins of the guards behind him. His lip curled into a snarl revealing teeth that were reminiscent to that of a normal human though more pointed. Despite his aggravation he did not turn to face the gawkers and instead continued to make his way to the center of the island where an elegant fae woman was adding the final touches to one of her paintings. Her face shown her elation for his presence, though it was marred with the faintest hint of disapproval.

”Why do you always insist on donning that form whenever you come to see me, my sweet Isokanumaki?“

Isoke lowered his head allowing his reddish-black locks to fall forward; partially out of reverence for the Summer Lady and partially out of shame. “Because I am unable to return to my true appearance, milady.”

Aurora let out a soft chuckle as she approached him; her voice had an air of what seemed to be sympathy. ”That is not what I mean.“ She placed a hand upon his cheek, feeling the angular form of his face and the darkened lines on his flesh that stretched from the side of his nose towards his jaw that emulated whiskers. ”I mean why do you assume this hybrid form rather than pure human?“

That question caused a pressure to form in his chest as though a great constrictor was positioning itself to best squeeze the life out of him. It was that sensation of despair that only made him even more resentful of himself. I’m a Sidhe damnit. I shouldn’t even be capable of understanding these human emotions. So why am I able to experience them?!

“Because, milady, despite my plight I shall forever be a Fae of the Summer Court. Assuming the form of a full human in my homeland would only serve to argue otherwise.” There was a long moment of silence as Aurora looked upon him as if trying to read what was going through his mind. “You have requested an audience with me?”

”I have.” She removed her hand from his face and moved back towards her painting. ”My sources tell me that there have been unusual spikes of ambient magical energy on a regular basis in what the humans call New York City.”

“And this is a cause for concern?”

”Potentially not, no. However, since it’s occurrence began so close to the change of seasons, it is something that should be investigated to ensure that Winter isn’t plotting something.

Another menial job that is as legitimate as the status I now hold…

“What will you have your spy do, milady?”

Last edited by Loki on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Blood Money Empty Re: Blood Money

Post by Digital Muse Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Bian shot the Detective a sharp look of withering reproach. “Nothing so common as that. But. Those that have been attacked have all been family to the Enlightened. They were targeted specifically.” She sighed suddenly. “We are the only Court who maintain relationships with our descendants. They know us. We know them. We watch over them. We believe the Red Court is provoking war by attacking our families. We will not tolerate this.”

She paused and pursed her lips slightly before continuing, “I was sent to gain permission from the Wolves to claim a portion of their territory for the Jade Court. It would allow us an exit from the Never Never from our home.” She glances sidelong at Max. “The enemy of my enemy…?”

Of course, Max isn’t stupid enough to actually voice that opinion.

“Yeah.” He says, nodding calmly, wincing at the pain when he tilts his bleeding head. “Yeah, we can work together. I’ll check out the body counts that you’re talking about, and see if I can find a different connection on my end. If we share information, maybe we can bring a swift end to this whole mess, so I don’t end up with a hundred human victims of this war of yours.”

Bian looked askance at the Detective. She didn’t trust the man a single inch. Why should she work with him? It was extremely unlikely he would do more than muddy the waters and step on toes more sensitive than hers. But, then again, he could clear the negative suspects and find contacts she might not. She tapped her chin with a single black-laquered nail in thought.

Finally she dipped her chin in agreement. “Very well, Detective. I will speak to my family and contacts within Chinatown. Perhaps they can give me a direction.” She paused and added. “There will be no human casualties unless under the sway of the Red Court and I am attacked. This I can promise you.”

“Okay then.” Max says, closing his eyes, and letting out a stressed breath he didn’t know he’d been holding. “Meet me back at that restaurant for lunch in three days. That’ll give me enough time to check out all the files I need to.”

“That is agreeable.” Bian said as she inclined her head. She had him drop her back at the Hilton and they exchanged phone numbers before parting ways. “I will speak to you in three days if not before.”

The next few hours before sunrise, Bian spent in her hotel room, writing a missive to her court advising them of her success in meeting with the wolves. She deliberately omitted the interference of Max as he had, thus far, not caused her to fail in her mission. Her Court would not be interested in the difficulties she’d encountered; only the results. She then contacted a courier who arrived at her room even at the darkest of night. She sealed the letter with an ancient-looking stamp and the courier whirled and headed back out of the hotel room.

She slept the day away, though fitfully. Her dreams were disturbed by nightmares of werewolves and demons that fought for her corpse. Much like the hell she’d torn her way from centuries before. She was saved from the nightmare by her alarm clock going off just at sundown. She turned it off gratefully and rose to get ready for her night in Chinatown. She’d first pay her respects to the descendants of Banh Pham, the stable boy she’d murdered when she had lived. Then she’d speak to her own family to see what they might know of the disappearances of the innocents that had disappeared from the community.

Several hours of visiting, exchanging of gifts and blessings finally saw Bian gliding along the darkened streets of the neon-lit Chinatown. She spoke to the old people of her family. She was patient and thorough, gentle questions gradually elicited the story of the influx of wealthy business people, and of the white vans that cruised the streets like sharks circling a shoal of fish. As Bian waited in a dark alleyway, one such van passed her, just as her family had said. Gliding from the dark shadows, Bian lighted on the back bumper of the retreating van and she molded herself into the gap between the bumper and the body of the van itself.

A half hour later, the van backed into the loading dock of an old library building and as Bian watched from her dark hiding spot, men led 5 young women were led quietly from the back of the van. They were unnaturally quiet, their eyes glazed. They had been entranced in some way. To what end? She wondered. She watched as the driver and passenger led the women to an elevator which began to descend after the driver turned a key in the panel of the elevator.

Once the door closed, Bian oozed from the van’s bumper and she ran silently to the closed elevator doors. Pressing her ear to the elevator, she listened for a time. Once the elevator stopped moving, Bian hardened her hands and using her fingers like a pry bar, she forced them into the gap between the door and wall. Gritting her teeth, Bian hauled the door open. Peering over the edge she saw the elevator at least 10 levels below her. Just what sort of complex was this? She wondered to herself. She leapt the short distance to the cables of the elevator and she gracefully slid down the steel cable to light soundlessly on the top of the elevator. She paused there listening for a clue of what waited below.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:29 pm

It was the dripping in the sink that first woke Alex up. Though to be exact, it was the lack of dripping from the sink that awoke him. Some would find such noises at night maddening, but Alex found such things as comforting as a heart beat. Alex however did not feel very alive at the moment, in fact he had slept rather miserably during the day what with all the traffic and sirens going on outside. The mutterings and fear coming off from the people outside was coming right through the window.

The slowly rising volume of a guitar rift from his alarm clock was Alex's cue that though he indeed had woken early he would have no time for more sleep.Alex rose from his bed, his right arm crossing his chest his hand resting on the shoulder. He waited a moment as he listened to his own heart before a finger slowly tapped the hollow space between his shoulder blade and clavicle in rhythm to his own heart. He slowly shuffled himself to his feet from the bed and into the bathroom while the music continued to swell louder until the female voice broke into the melody.

Another head hangs lowly,
Child is slowly taken.
And the violence caused such silence,
Who are we mistaken?

Alex's apartment was cramped and usually poorly lit with few candles giving light. Technology has never, nor will ever be a wizards friend. As often as Alex has tried as the many broken iPods in the corner could attest. The apartment however is never ever without light. The TV always giving the rooms the slightest tint of light of varying colors. Much of the apartment however was very neat and tidy, many things having a place one would expect them to be. Except one. In the middle of the living room facing the TV say rather comfy looking lazy-boy and an end table with fishbowl on top. And curiously, a fish, which seemed to be facing the TV.

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Alex exited the bathroom to the chorus of a flush and paused to have a long stretch and yawn before making a sluggish pace toward the kitchen. "Morning." He said though to who one would never know. To anyone with a shred of sanity it looked as though he said "Morning" to nothing at all, and yet he got a reply. But this wasn't any reply, it was reply in an uncanny impersonation of Sgt. Kilgore. "I love napalm in the morning. It smells like....victory."

In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?

It took a few moments before Alex head reappeared from the kitchen, looking into the living room. One would have thought he was looking right at the fish on the table. But a sane man would never assume such things. "Wait a minute....You can't smell anything." Alex said.

"Thank god for that I'm sure." Came the reply.

"Uh huh. Keep up with that and I won't renew the extended warranty for the TV." Said Alex. The sound of a plop in water could be heard and it seemed for once the voice had nothing smart to say back at all. With a chuckle Alex head once again disappeared into the kitchen where the sounds of breakfast was being made.

Mornings for Alex was bed time for many of the city, since Alex was bless with the lovely quiet of the graveyard shift. But on days off Alex kept to his night time schedule as well, becoming quite accustomed to the world at night and also feeling a bit stronger because of it. However finding a grocery store which he could go to had become rather laborious. Alex began to take a seat in the chair when the voice from before spoke again.

"Player two has entered the game."

Alex looked down at the fish on the end table, which would have cemented his insanity to any average person looking in on the scene. But Alex knew better, he knew that this was just the beginning of a quote and it was best of he waited it out. The fish he stared at however kept still, never prying its eyes from the screen, till finally it spoke in a bad English accent.

"Don't you have work?" Alex eyes flashed to the calender, and he then provided to jump from the chair. With much noise he gathered his things and made for the door. "Player two has left the game." This time the voice was more smug than anything and Alex responded with a rude hand gester toward the fish. "Make good choices hun." Phil the Fish had gotten the last word. Again.

-------------------------------------------

Alex's work was in a part of the building that was underground. Perhaps it was that amplified the echoed the booming bass drum of the song and the accompanying bass line. The darkened hallways were soon filled with a voice for the ages. At least in Alex's mind it was.

Let's go!
Steve walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machine gun's ready to go
Are you ready? Hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip to the sound of the beat, Yeah

As one would follow this music they would finally come across the two large swinging doors which had words printed on the windows saying, City Morgue.

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone
And another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

On the other side of the door the cooler room held several cold slabs and a large morbid filing cabinet against the wall. Yet in the middle of it all was one lively Alex who was doing his best Freddy Mercury impression. Also there was a very unlively corpse on the death slab in front of him. But Alex has never been one to allow something so mundane to hamper the energy of a good song.

"You always were one to show respect to the dead Al."

The voice had come from the doors which were out of Alex's line of sight, so you can pardon his need to jump when a voice besides that of Freddie's was heard. Alex eyes quickly discovered who it was however. "Officer McFadden! Welcome once again to my lair."

"Pleasure as always." Said the pudgy and unhappy police veteran. The doors behind him swung open once again as two men Alex has seen often wheeled in the same old image of a body bag.

"What's this?" Alex said surprised that they would bring him a body without going through the usual channels.

"He's getting to cut in line. Governors' aid. Very high profile here so the detective wants a full report written up as soon as possible." And with that McFadden and the two others left through the same doors they entered.

"Next time you want to visit a simple box of pizza will be fine!" Alex called out as the others left.

He gave a sigh as he walked over to the fresh body bag and opened it. Now why the hell would they give this one to me! Thought Alex as his eyes quickly discovered a single long cut just below the sternum which was congruent with a knife wound. "This one isn't very fun at all. But at least they did part of my work for me." Alex said to himself with a boyish pout, before slipping on some fresh gloves and diving right in.

The long and very clean cut across the bottom of the sternum allowed Alex a easy entrance to feel for the organs which were all normal. Except. One was missing. The heart. Alex froze for a moment as he realized this and looked at both bodies once again. Now it was becoming curiouser, and you know what happened to cat. "Meow." Said Alex as he quickly moved the old body into a fridge and brought the new body under a better light. He also moved to his coat which hung on the chair at his desk and replaced the boring latex gloves with his more usual leather ones. He along grabbed something much more fun from his coat pocket. A piece of chalk.

Alex moved a quickly, both because of his boyish excitement at the curious development and because the circle he was making around himself and the body was one he had made hundreds of times before. But as Alex approached the body after the circle was complete he found something that should have left him surprised. The circle was made to keep out ambient magic for a ritual, but it could do nothing for the residual magic which was on the corpse. As stated before Alex was not surprised by this fact, after all what other purpose is there for ripping out a heart. Well I suppose a over eager heart transplant patient, but that's not the point. Thought Alex with a shake of the head.

Alex gave his knuckles with a crack and a smirk, "Show time." he said. He slowly placed his hands on the the head of the corpse, and closed his eyes. Alex was a master of control and focus, the kind of focus it took others years to develop. Because of it he had little trouble with finding exactly what he wanted from the memories. This time however would not be like the others as he was hit with such for that it caused him to yell in pain.

Alex took several pained steps back until he feel to his knees, his hands now over his eyes and gripping his head. The images were fast and furious, blurred and choppy. The person was unconscious and or controlled, but whatever it was they were still scared. Scared witless. It was a whirlwind of chaos and gore that was broken for a few brief moments to see a book, large and black with gold lettering on the front, it's letters blurred but the numbers clear. Vol. LXXXII. It was opened, a paged ripped out and stuffed in a pocket.

Then there was nothing, the images gone. Alex was left once again in the room of death with only his breath and heart beat in the area. He was sweating, his body shaking slightly and until that stopped he could not find his balance. Once he was able to stand once again, he made his way back to the body taking off his gloves. He opened the bag even more and reached into the bloody pants pocket. He was sure he had a smart line for reaching into a dead mans pants but at that moment Alex was more interested in the page he had just retrieved from it.

After wiping sweat from his brow, which added blood in its place, Alex was faced with a moral dilemma. This paper and it's content would no doubt be pertinent of the good officers investigation. And yet on the other side of the coin, Alex was curious as hell. ...What? he never said the other side of the coin was as unselfish or right. "Meow" said Alex as he closed his hand over the piece of paper.

------------

Alex arrived at the New York City Public Library after following several blocks of the along the lovely yellow brick road his tracking spell had given him. He came to the employee entrance along the side of the building however instead of the front doors. The library along with the rest of government controlled buildings in NYC were given quite a number of security upgrades after the attacks of September 11th, which had included electronic locks. Approaching the door one would think that there was nothing a miss, however Alex had a feeling magic was still at work. He was correct, with a simple turn of the knob and push the door swung open, the electric lock had been fried like most technology when in the presence of magic.

The darkened hallways were much more inviting to Alex than the streetlights he had left behind. It was much more similar to the dimly lit apartment in which he lived, however coming from the street had severely hampered his night vision and for a moment Alex contemplated turning on the lights. However the golden road before him stood out brightly in the darkness and so Alex decided to press on, his excitement for the chase over riding his better senses.
He followed the trail until he finally came to a door, and a room which was completely filled with the trail he had been following the whole time. Alex gave a childish humpf of annoyance and after turning on the light began a search for the right book.

---------------------------------------------

Alex gave a little fist pump and grunt of triumph as he found what he was looking for. The books large and black cover still fresh in his mind as well as the number, but this time the letter were clear. Mythology of the Ancient Civilizations. Alex closed his eyes once again and his mind raced through the distorted and sometimes gruesome images he had witnessed in the morgue and came across a memory of a key being found within the book. Opening his eyes he flipped to the page in question and voila there laid the key in mind. As he looked at the key he recalled another image in the memories of a key inserted into a wall lamp near by.

He wasted little time moving to the side of the bookcase and pushing the key into the only viable slot in the lamp. A small click let Alex know he was on the right path. Or the wrong one. After all being killed is surely the wrong way to go, and if the corpse in his morgue was any indication, death was surely a possibility. This caused Alex to pause for a moment before her gave himself a silly grin in a mirror near by. "Meow." He told himself again and with a small push on the book shelf revealed a stair well below.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." Alex said to himself in his own bad British accent. He growled to himself, he was clearly spending to much time with his fish. And with that he head down the rabbit hole.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 pm

“Hey, Nanook! Day’s out. Wanna join us for a beer?”

Detective Domhnall Duncan Maxwell looks up from the desktop computer that’s bolted to his desk in the bullpen in the Major Crimes office for Manhattan Island. He sees Emmet, a senior detective on the team, waving at him from the doors leading to the elevator bank. It takes a few moments for Max, as he likes to be called, to look around, and realize that the shift has already changed over. He’s officially off work for the day.

“Oh.” He says, looking back at his computer screen. “I didn’t realize it had gotten so late. You guys go on ahead. I’ll finish up what I’m doing here, and try to join you later.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Emmet says, shaking a large head that sits atop at least three chins and a thick, beefy neck. Definitely a cop that gives credit to the ‘they love donuts’ myth. “You always say that, but you never end up at the bar, do ya?”

“Find me a decent brew,” Max replies, smiling at his older mentor, “and I just might someday. Something Canadian. Not that swill you lot call beer.” He gives a friendly wave of his hand as Emmet laughs heartedly, and heads out the door.

Max lets out a low breath, runs his fingers through his short cut hair, and turns his full attention back to the computer screen, ignoring the few other people who are still in the bullpen after hours. The work is too important.

A day or so ago, he met a woman.

A very frightening… horrible woman.

No reason to go into details, but in order to stay alive, he agreed to work with her on a case she’d brought to his attention. A number of disappearances in the Asian community. He has to hand it to her. She was right on the money.

He doesn’t want to involve other officers in this though, so he’s got to do all the detail hunting himself. Figure out what these people had in common, that made them targets. Targets for the Red Court, or so his new scary friend would have him believe. The detail work is painstakingly tedious, but it has to be done, and thanks to his perfect recall, a gift he acquired at horrible cost, he only needs half a minute or so with each file before he memorizes it, and can move on to look for any crossover.

The phone on his desk rings, the sound shaking him from his focus. When he picks it up, he hears the voice of another officer, a uniformed patrol man, on the other end of the line. He listens intently to the quick, efficient message that’s to be delivered to him.

The detective in charge of the crime scene that this patrol officer is at told him to call Max. A murder, about fifteen minutes away. Lots of blood, and not at all normal looking. The detective is a friend of Max’s, and though he doesn’t want help on the investigation, he never hesitates to give Max a call when something… weird… shows up.

‘Max likes the weird ones’, they say.

The reality of it is, he likes to know when the supernatural sets foot in his city.

The files for his new friend will have to wait just a little longer.

Half an hour later, he kills the engine of his car, an old two door Beretta, a block away from the crime scene. There’s a slight chill in the air this evening, so he throws a coat over his gray suit. A quick check lets him make sure that he has his gun, and a couple extra clips of ammo, plus the special iron slugs he uses to deal with anything that leaks over from the Nevernever. Once all is in order, he starts towards the flashing lights of the police cruisers that surround the scene.

He doesn’t get far though.

Out of the corner of his eye, he catches sight of a man, hiding in the shadow of an alleyway, outside the roped off crime scene, and out of view of the investigating officers. This, in and of itself, isn’t a big deal. People poke their heads out of the oddest places to see something gruesome. And if that were it, Max wouldn’t give the guy a second thought.

It’s the fact that the man is covered in blood that draw’s the Detective’s attention.

Before he can say anything, or even think of what he should say or do, the man backs off into the shadows. Max knows he should leave it there. He should call out, and start a search. He didn’t see the man’s face, but it wouldn’t be that hard to find him, if they close off the surrounding blocks right now!

He’ll never know why he decided to do things against the book, but all too soon, Max finds himself sneaking through the dark alley after the man, following footsteps, and echoes, and his police instincts, trailing a guy who’s covered in blood.

“This is smart, Max.” He chides himself in a whisper as he crosses the street, into yet another alley, cutting through another block. Eventually, the alley opens between two buildings that are directly across the street from the Public Library. A building he’s rather familiar with. Or rather, he’s familiar with one of the librarians.

He watches the man sneak across the street, and through the side of the library. If not for the fact that Max is still hidden in the shadow of the alley, the man’s nervous gaze over his shoulder would have definitely picked up the fact that he’s being followed.

“Be a shame to come this far, only to back off now.” Max says to himself, before taking off across the street, to follow the bloody man into the library. Through the side door into the building, and into a small service area, trying his best to stay as quiet as possible. He follows the rushed footsteps ahead of him, paying very little attention to the rooms he passes by, or the stacks of books on shelves. He passes them by with no thought, until he turns a corner into one particular hallway.

At the end, in the shadow of evening, the blood covered man stands in front of a bookcase. More close by, though, is a woman, standing in a doorway, watching the same blood covered man.

Max’s friend, the librarian. The detective lets out a sigh of relief, thankful that he has a friend in the building. He reaches out to the wall, rapping his knuckles against it quietly, steadily increasing the volume of the taps until the woman turns to face him.

The look in her eyes tells him that he’s rather lucky she didn’t fry him on the spot when he startled her. He doesn’t dwell on that thought much, as he turns his attention back to the man at the bookcase in the room at the end of the hall.

Max’s eyes go wide as the man reaches out, grabs a book from the shelf, and steps back. The bookcase opens, sliding aside, opening a wide arching doorway. The man steps through, and Max watches him vanish down a shadowed staircase.

“Holy crap.” the detective quietly exclaims. He stalks forward, coming up on the librarian, standing at her side as he stares forward to the stairway in the bookcase.

His mind starts working in overdrive, trying to figure out what is happening. Where does this stairwell go? Why is the bloody man in the library?

A hundred questions, all of which get pushed to the side when he realizes that his friend, the librarian, is speaking to him. Asking him what’s going on, and why he’s here. Who the man is.

“Followed him from a crime scene.” Max says. That is his entire response to her line of questioning, and he turns his attention back to the stairwell. “I guess, I should find out where that goes.”

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Ivy had been the last one to leave the library today, finishing "Myself and I", a book that tried to be philosophical, but only managed to make her chuckle in the process.

She put the book back in it's shelf, grabbed her jacket and purse and left through the big entrance hall, she never used the employee or loading doors; they were all supplied with electrical locks. Everytime these failed, the whole staff had to use the front doors, so when Ivy kept using the front door even after the repairs to the sides were finished, once again, no one really cared. So long as that crap didn't break, again, they were content.

She shut off the light switch, unlocked the front door and left the building, locking the door behind her, again. She walked down the road towards the subway station that would take her home and noticed the pleasant absence of traffic, a beautiful silence not often found in this part of the city. Walking around the corner of the library, she saw the lights in a window were still on. Could she have missed it?

She was pretty sure she had them all turned off before she left. She turned around to enter the library, again, navigation through the building easily, even in the dark, she had worked here long enough to know every mouse-hole of the building.

She walked steadily towards the light-filled hall, when it hit her. She didn't sense it at first but there was a slight lingering of magic around. There was a wizard in the library. He was either very powerful to have an aura like that, or he was working magic right as she stood there thinking that. Her reaction was to throw herself in the shadow, pulling down the sleeve of her left arm, the reassuring presence of her stored magic energy ready at a whim.

The wheels kept turning in her head. If he or she is a wizard, he wouldn't be able to smell her, no wolf. Not able to see her in the shadow. No need for a veil, then. Her magical presence? Should be blocked by her pendant. He would've noticed her by now if not for that, she was- tap. tap. tap. She swirled her head around to the source of the sound, ready to blast anything with her stored magic. She saw, a man. Hunched, tapping, then waving. It was - Max. A police officer that knew surprisingly much of the supernatural and she believed was generally one of the good guys, although his past leaves her with a slight doubt.

Meanwhile, a man in the lit room, the wizard they apparently were both looking for, did something strange. He - somehow - managed to move one of the shelves. Without touching it. Revealing a kind of staircase.

Ivy's mouth dropped. Scrap that part about knowing the library, she thought. She'd have to do some investigating later, she thought, while Max closed up to her.
"The hell is going on here?" she asked him, whereas he just answered "Followed him from a crime scene."
"you did wha-"
"I guess, I should find out where that goes." he cut her off, and dashed into the room towards the hidden door.

Ivy cursed under her breath. Did he even know that guy was a wizard? He could get killed in an instant, if not by that man, then by some kind of barrier or a hundred things. Still cursing, she got up and ran after him, trying to stop him from running headfirst into his grave.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 am

”Keep an eye on them, I’m gonna see if they’re ready to be loaded.”

“Roger that.”

Bian heard one of the men leave the elevator as his footsteps faded down what sounded like a hallway. Seeing the potential opportunity, she quietly pried open the service hatch just enough to peek through the opening and see the man. He seemed anxious as the seconds passed, testing his virtue being left alone with the entranced women. It was when he leaned through the elevator doorway to look down the chamber on the other side that Bian made her move. Her body lost its shape as she became more liquid than solid, allowing her to slither through the opening and returning to her solid shape the moment she would have touched the ground. She stood, mimicking the dazed expressions of the women around her as though she had been there the entire time. When the man looked back, he blinked in confusion as he tried to recall just how many women they had kidnapped that night before his gaze drifted to the entranced woman that stood behind the newcomer.

”Eleni? Did I miss something?”

Before Bian had a chance to comprehend who the man was talking to, an effeminate hand fell upon her shoulder filling her body with an intangible weight as every muscle in her body relaxed. The woman’s voice was rich with seduction, urging her newest victim into a trance.

"You did. It seems the tip was correct. We have another who wishes to join in on the fun."

Bian struggled to resist the desire to submit as she fought the dead weight in her muscles to turn and face her assailant. The woman’s eyes were now focused as her expression was one of devious amusement.

"The will of this one is quite strong.” She purred, her expression becoming even more conniving. Her hand slid to Bian’s neck as she pulled the vampire into a heated kiss that caused her mind to swim in a dense fog robbing her of the willpower to fight any longer. Although Bian retained consciousness, her mind had become detached from thought like the other entranced women. The feeling was liberating and welcoming now that she had finally been forced to embrace it. The seductress withdrew with a surprised look on her face before turning eager.

"This one tastes of mortal blood. She will make an excellent sacrifice." The woman pulled a length of vine from a small satchel at her side and draped it over Bian’s shoulders before guiding the group through the hallway and the subway train that awaited at the end.

Alex continued down the winding stairwell, oblivious to his pursuers. Finally, he reached the bottom step after what seemed like ages and walked the short hallway towards the archway at the end. The doorway opened into a ledge that overlooked a large chamber carved from the bedrock, the floor being flawlessly smooth while the walls and ceiling retained imperfections of their shaping. On the ground below and a distance ahead was a dull thrum of voices. There were dozens of figures, all dressed in the same black cloak. Every one of them wore a black mask with two peacock feathers divided as they traced along the bridge of the wearer’s nose and extending well below their chin. The thing that seemed most unusual in the place was the steel subway train that stood motionless waiting to open its doors allowing the masked passengers to enter.

Before Alex had a chance to mutter one of his patented wisecracks, a hand clasped over his mouth and he was pulled back into what felt like the muzzle of a gun. The suddenness nearly caused an incident that would have required the mortician to seek out a fresh pair of pants.

”Late for your meeting?”

He raised his hands slowly in acknowledgement of his situation as he shook his head.

”That would explain why you are out of costume. So what are you doing here then? Not too loud now otherwise my finger may get twitchy.”

Max moved his fingers to allow Alex to speak while being ready to slide them back into place should the man try to call out.

“I was-“

"Intruding upon a party without an invitation.” The three newcomers all diverted their gaze to the source of the seductive voice who stood at the top step to their side. Her footsteps had been so light that they were inaudible even on the hard stone. Max maintained his grip upon Alex’s mouth as he brought the gun to bear upon the lithe woman who slowly strode towards them.

”That’s far enough! Move any closer and I’ll open fire!”

"Is that so?” She said as she continued forward completely undeterred by the threat. At that moment, the tint of her eyes shifted slightly drawing the gaze of all three that stood before her. Upon making eye contact, each of them was hit with a wave of fatigue that urged them to be passive while scattering all comprehensive thoughts. Their balance wavered slightly and the weight of the gun became too much to hold upright as Max’s arms fell to his side, managing just enough foresight to holster it while he still had the chance.

"Now that’s much better.” The woman said, now standing directly in front of the group allowing her fingertips to graze along Max’s cheek. "Since you three seem so eager to participate in tonight’s activities, I’ll be more than happy to make you special guests.” She moved in and kissed Max’s lips, locking his mind in a dense fog where no thoughts could form. "Mmmm, such dominate virility has its benefits.” She moved towards Alex and kissed him, bringing about the same effects as it had upon Max. ”But the lighthearted are always so much fun.” Then her gaze moved towards Ivy, causing her to grin. "But submissive types...” She begun before pressing her lips against Ivy’s pulling her into a trance with the others. "Are quite popular among those who are waiting below.”

Isoke stood amongst the group of cloaked individuals participating in the idle conversations as he awaited for what would come next. Once he found out where to look, it hadn’t been hard to seduce the CEO out of her costume and come in her stead. With the amount of compelling he had done to her mind, she would be in no condition to participate in tonight’s events anyways. She will sleep well tonight. For somebody so powerful in the world of business, she had little willpower when it came to certain vices. He had yet to understand the choice in attire, the need for masks, or the odd broach in the shape of a scrawny tree covered in ivy topped with a pinecone. Isoke figured that it was just another example of odd behavior that comes when mortals get together.

The movement along the staircase caught his attention. Three new people were following the woman dressed in a long flowing gown who had addressed the group earlier to wait next to the train until it came time to get inside. He had seen a few other women in identical attire and could tell there was something off about them. If he had a chance to get a closer look, he felt he could figure it out. However, he also knew that doing so would give them a chance to recognize him should that be the case and decided to err on the side of caution for now. From the conversations going on around him, he gathered that the last car on the train was filled with people who would serve to be an outlet for the group's carnal desires. With the exception of the women in white, this just seemed to be another case of mortals being mortals and that whatever was happening was not a result of Winter seeking to obtain power.

As the woman led the three into the rearmost car with the rest of the entertainment, the doors in the other cars opened allowing the cloaked guests to enter. Isoke's gaze went to the door that connected his car to the rear one. If there was something more going on than what he has witnessed thus far, he had a hunch that those individuals in the back would hold an answer. With everybody now aboard the train, save for the woman in white who remained in the stone chamber, the vehicle jolted forward towards its destination. As they rolled on, Isoke made his way towards the and casually peaked through the window. He was surprised to see just how many people, mostly women, had been packed into that final car easily outnumbering the amount of cloaked guests. Best of all, no women in white. The vacant expressions on all of their faces piqued his curiosity and beckoned Isoke to look closer.

He waited until he was certain that none of the other passengers were paying attention to him before quickly slipping through the door making sure it was open only for the briefest of moments. “Hey! This area is off limits!” Isoke had not expected to see a man dressed in dark military fatigues in the small enclosed gap between cars, nor had he expected to be looking down the barrel of an SMG.

“Woah! I do apologize.” Isoke said as he raised his hands, making it a point to accentuate the wad of papers held in one palm. The man’s brow rose with interest upon seeing the three digit numbers located at the corners of said papers. “I was just hoping to get a better look at my options before the others had a chance to get their hands upon them. You know, get the pick of the litter.” The man glared at Isoke for a moment before holding out his hand, which the kitsune immediately filled with the stack of bills. After taking the time to flip through them to get an estimate of the amount he had just been handed, the guard looked at Isoke, then through the windows of the connecting cars before speaking. ”You have three minutes. A second longer and I’ll personally kick you off the train while we’re still moving.”

Isoke could practically feel the magical weavings that held all these people in their trances as he entered the car. His expression became one of agitation upon realizing that he was not a close to finishing his mission as he had originally expected. The awareness that he was most likely heading to the center of power of those being who were responsible for this was even more unsettling. If I’m going to be in the lion’s den, it would serve me will to make some allies should things get out of hand. Isoke’s gaze fell upon the three who had been the last to be guided into the car. He went to the first, the more seasoned looking of the two men. Isoke placed his hand upon Max’s forehead, willing the haze in the man’s mind to part enough to allow him to think and speak.

“You have stumbled upon something that you are not prepared for, human. I offer you two options. One, you give me your word that you will assist me through whatever awaits us at our destination until we are back upon the surface. In return, I will free you from this hex that binds you to your captors. Or two, I leave you here under the influence of the hex and allow the mortals in the rest of the train do unspeakable things to you.”

The man accepted and Isoke offered the same contract to the other two, grateful upon feeling the magical energies coursing through them upon touching their heads. They too agreed and to each of them Isoke fused his will with a small amount of Summer’s fire to break the spell that captured their minds. The sensation of which would feel as though somebody was pouring a viscous warm liquid over their brain. “You three will wait here and do your best to blend with the rest of the entranced. I will come for you once we reach our destination.”

Isoke turned and headed for the door until he noticed one woman had an item upon her that none of the others did. He held an end of the vine that rested upon the woman’s shoulders and looked at it with intrigue before placing his hand upon her head. Of all the things he expected, the energy from this woman had been one that he had not felt in a while. Centuries to be more specific. Seeing the potential Bian brought to the table, he did for her as he did with the other three and offered her a way out. Once she accepted, he instructed her to act entranced before taking the vine and placing it upon the person next to her. Whatever it represented, Isoke felt that it would be best if the eastern vampire was not singled out.

He returned to the car that he had originally been in after receiving a nod from the guard indicating that he had made the deadline. What sort of business do they have here?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Alex was thankful to the stranger to be out of the trance though now he feared such kindness would come with strings attached. He cursed himself for leaving his walking stick at home today. He would blame Phil for it later, if there was a later. And that's when Alex's mind snapped to the situation at hand.

"She looked right at me," He thought to himself, "Right into my eyes...and nothing. No soul gaze. A block? No impossible. So the girl has no soul. Narrows down what she can be. Hmmmm, no soul. But quite the hips." Alex bit his own lip to get his mind back on track. "Right, right, life and death situation. Sex later. Ok. Doesn't have a soul, but the kiss. The effect. Like a neurotic. Vampire perhaps? No no. No soul. And even those suckers have souls. Well most."

Alex took a little look around the group at those who were still under the trance. "Sacrifices?" He gulped at that thought. "Perhaps. But then again her words before the kisses. Sounded more sexual. Sexual ritual? Enticing." A smirk had grown on his lips again, "Meow." He whispered to himself with a almost boyish chuckle. Another bit of the lip however got him back on track. "No. Sexual ritual would not require individuals under such powers. There would be no need. Would have more than enough volunteers for sexual ritual. Perhaps sexual then sacrificial ritual? Have run out of volunteers. Well....if you have to go."

Alex gave a deep sigh and resigned himself to the fact that he would have to wait and see what is going on. Though he'd wait only so long for his rescuer to finally pull him away from the fire. "When the knifes start coming out I'm getting the hell outta dodge." Alex told himself before his mind began to grow bored. He looked around again to the others around him. His eyes fell on the man next to him, "So....what you in for?"

His reply was nothing, nothing but the same empty stare that was on many of the others faces. "Such a lively crowd." Alex mused to himself before his eyes caught the sight of a rather fat wallet in the mans back pocket. Now Alex was not by any means a thief. But....you know what they say. You can't take it with you. And if this was for sacrifices Alex had a much better chance to escape than the lifeless husk next to him. Alex lips grew into a cheshire grin once again as he slowly leaned over and picked the back pocket of the man. "Ohhh they must have caught him leaving an ATM." Thought Alex. He was about to pocket the $500 when a shape slap to the back of the head froze him.

He looked back and groaned. "Oh hells bells, he woke you up too."

The steely gaze of the man behind him bore into him. "Put. It. Back." Came the words in almost a low growl tone.

"He's not going to need it!" Alex whispered back with an almost childish pout.

"Back." Said the man again, this time his hand moving to his holster.

Alex gave hmph of frustration as he put the money and wallet back to if rightful place.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Blissful nothing.

It’s been a long time since Max felt alone in his own mind. The day he took up Varthiel’s coin was the last that his mind was quiet, or free from the feeling of intrusion that having a Fallen Angel reside inside brought to him.

The presence in his mind was overwhelming. The entire time he was under the Fallen’s influence, he never knew if the thoughts that ran through his head were his own, or were planted there as a ploy to bring him further and further into the darkness that he’d been pulled in to.

Even after Varthiel was pulled from his mind, he still feels his echo. Still notices the influence. The side effects. The perfect recall that he puts to use in his police work. Feelings of unease, not just that he’s being watched, but that his very thoughts aren’t secure. Aren’t secret.

The enthralling, entrancing effect of the woman who captured him, along with Ivy and the man they followed into the basement, had given him peace.

Those few moments were a gift. A span of minutes when he could not feel the ever present, ever watchful eyes of Varthiel haunting him.

When the stranger gives him the choice of helping overcome his captors, or remaining entranced, Max chooses to give aid immediately. But, he can’t quite push that feeling of freedom from his mind.

He regains control of his mind, watching as the stranger who freed him wanders through the small train car, freeing others, telling them to wait and blend in. He glances around the place with a detective’s eyes, letting his mind take in details for future recall. His heart is racing, either from the rather intense pleasure the woman’s kiss sent through him, or from the fear he’s feeling at the current situation.

His eyes fall on one of the other awakened people rummaging through the pockets of one of those who are still entranced. Max reaches out his hand, smacking him in the back of the head.

“Put it back.” he says. The other man complains, loudly, whining in a way Max finds rather annoying. He reaches towards the holster under his coat, as if he still had a weapon hidden there that the enchanting woman hadn’t taken from him.

The thief relents, with more whining.

‘This is going to be so much fun,’ Max thinks.

He spots Ivy a short distance away, nodding at her. “You okay Ivy? Have any ideas as to what this is all about?”

And then, before his friend can answer, he spots another woman he knows in the crowd.

“Bian!” He says, his voice raising a little too high at the sight of the little Asian woman. She does frighten him just a little bit. “What the hell are you doing here?”

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:30 pm

The moment the woman’s sultry voice weighed against her will; smothering it effortlessly, Bian went into mindless shock. She fought it, fought the hazy fog that the woman induced. The pleasure swept over her, but it was terrifying in its totality. She watched as she was led with the other captive women to the subway train. She was peripherally aware of her surroundings and the word ‘sacrifice’, but could do nothing. Only once in her entire lifetime had she been unable to control her own destiny. That had been when her soul had been torn from her living body and sent to hell for the sins she’d committed while she lived.

To have this woman subdue her so completely and effortlessly nearly unhinged her mind. Bian struggled and fought against the miasma that kept her so compliant. But it was to no avail. She was led into the subway car with other entranced victims. So many! What were they being led to? The word Sacrifice chased itself round and round within her confused mind, only adding to the underlying terror that gnawed at her guts. It was one of the few times that she would have screamed in abject fear if she had the ability.

Suddenly, there was another presence in her mind, this one offering salvation. She grabbed at it, barely processing what the stranger offered in exchange. A wash of warmth seemed to flow over her conscious mind and all of the woman, Eleni’s, influence was wiped away. Bian nearly collapsed in relief, but her iron-will snapped her erect to focus on the man that had released her. He was already moving away from her, however before she could ask questions.

Bian took the time to examine her surroundings. The subway car was packed with entranced people. The girl next to her was one of the 4 kidnapped from Chinatown. She touched the girl closest to her, but got no reaction. She then examined the vine that had been removed from her own shoulders to be placed on the girl. It seemed ordinary enough, but she plucked off a bit from its end and slipped it into her pocket for examination later.

As she looked about, Bian considered the woman, Eleni. She cataloged everything that happened with a cool dispassion, now that she was more calm. She’d read about the narcotic effect that the White Court were known for. Given that she had so little to go on, it still seemed likely that Eleni was of that Court. But, she didn’t understand what all these people were being collected for. What could a sacrifice entail? For what purpose?

“Bian! What the hell are you doing here?”
Bian turned sharply when Max’s slightly shrill voice reached her. Her brows crawled up her forehead in shock to see the detective aboard the subway car. Her eyes then flitted to the pair at either side of the tall cop. They weren’t entranced as the other passengers were. Who were they? Why were they there? Bian turned her head to look back the way the stranger had gone and then moved to join Max. She lowered her voice to a soft hiss, “Lower your voice!” Her eyes darted to the crowd surrounding them, “It may be that not all are under the woman Eleni’s influence.”

She paused then looked once more toward Ivy and Alex. She smelled the obvious scents that marked them both as some sort of Wizards. She also could smell the fear and on Alex, the blood at his forehead. “The question should be…what are these people…” She indicated the packed subway car, “doing here?”
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 am

Ivy's awakening from the trance felt like sleeping soundly next to a railway when suddenly a train swept by, destroying your purest of dreams in a second. Blinking, and looking around, she realised this wasn't an analogy, at all. Judging from the sound and movement, she seemed to be in a train. With a lot of weird people.
She remembered being entranced by a woman, for lack of a better description, since she was pretty sure it wasn't actually a human. Even a white court vampire couldn't entrance her thus thoroughly and thus effortlessly. She had made such an encounter before.

She started observing the entranced people around her, noticing some kind of lingering magic, but she could not identify it. There was only one man standing, and he left before she could ask him anything. She cursed. This was above her league. And she didn't like that one bit.

She turned as Max started to talk to her, but his attention diverted quickly. So did hers, as she saw the man they had been following sitting right next to him. Her eyes closed to slits as she examined him. Blood. Smug face. Wizard, she remembered. She should stay low and conceil that she's a wizard, aswell, for as long as she can. She's no warden. She can't take it on with a fully fledged warlock, or some organised, kidnapping vampire-like creatures.

She overheard the woman Max was talking to asking about the two of them and quickly replied "I'm a collegue of Max. We were following that guy." she said, pointing towards the possible warlock. "What did you look for in the library? You are obviously not with them, who are you with?"
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 am

As the others talked to one another, Bian couldn’t help but watch every other face within the car. She feared being caught out once again by someone only pretending to be entranced. Closing her eyes, she concentrated, listening to the heartbeats of the packed subway car. But, they were packed in like cattle and try as she might, she couldn’t really separate them the way she’d hoped. The heightened heart rates of Max and the two wizards seemed to drown everything else out.

Bian breathed deeply, squelching her deep frustration. Careful not to meet the eyes of the wizards, she hissed at them to be quiet. “Be still!” She ordered them with acid in her voice. “We must remain still, be like these and see where this leads.” She closed her eyes once more in the hopes of detecting anyone that might spy on them, but she could sense nothing other than the guard just outside the door.

Finally, her eyes flickered up toward Max momentarily, “I hope you are ready, Detective. This is bad. Very, very bad.” Her whispering tone did nothing to soften her obvious fear. “I do not believe you will bluff your way out of this one.” She glanced toward Ivy and Alex, “I believe the main woman was White Court. But…I have never been to their court before.” She wanted to know more about the people with the Detective, but, there would be time for introductions later. At least she hoped so. Her eyes touched on each of them once more in warning. Then, with a deep breath, she centered her will. Her eyes glossed over and she became absolutely still, looking more like a statue than a real person.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Alex was getting rather confused with all the talking going about. Though he still stood exactly where he was. Though he couldn't help but grin as it seemed that they all knew each other. "Well some gentlemen certainly get around." He whispered to himself with a grin. Alex had not a clue who any of the others were. Though he had a pretty good assumption of their personalities. All of them dirty boring gasoline to his red hot fire. They don't mix well, less you want an explosion. Then again given the situation, a explosion could be just what they need.

"What did you look for in the library? You are obviously not with them, who are you with?"

Alex as a little taken aback by this strange new woman coming up to him in a slightly threatening way. "Hey, I am just a humble servant of the public. I found a piece of paper in a murder victims pocket which lead me to here and now I'm in this situation with 3 strangers. One of which carries a firearm. So all in all a pretty average Friday." Alex scratched his chin to the last question. Not too sure just how much of the supernatural these people knew. He could guess sure. But that takes the way the fun of finding out the hard way. "My allegiance is to those in White. That's all I'll say."

Alex gave a small fist pump realizing he could easily pass that phrase off as being a doctor. In case the situation for lying comes forth.

“Be still!”

"I am still!" Alex said back to the other woman. "I haven't moved from my spot. Sargent Friday and his partner here are the ones going to blow our cover."

“I believe the main woman was White Court. But…I have never been to their court before.”

Oh well that answers the question of how much they know. Thought Alex. Then his mind snapped to the revelation of the woman being White Court. It could be a sexual ritual! Alex bit his lip again to get his mind in working order. Ok, now is not the time to be hopeful. Wait a minute.... "If she is White Court, how did she avoid the soul gaze with me when we looked into each others eyes." Alex whispered a loud. But by then the woman had seemed to had missed his question or was acting the part very well. With a shrug Alex resigned himself to the fact that they would find out everything once they reached their destination. After all it was much more fun this way.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:59 pm

“I don’t suppose you’ve got anything that goes ‘boom’ up your sleeve, eh?” Max says to Ivy as he moves back to the spot he was originally in when he awoke. Though he turns slightly to face his acquaintance, he keeps his eyes on the other un-enchanted ’people’, a word he uses very lightly in this case, in the group.

He turns his head back toward Bian, staring across the distance at the Jade Court vampire. “I’m hoping I won’t need to pull the same bluff trick again. These guys seem a little better prepared than your old friends we talked to yesterday. But, if I do have to, be ready to back me up, okay? Unless telling a lie will hurt your soul, or whatever.”

Max hears the annoying guy question the lack of soul gaze with the woman who entranced them. So, he’s a wizard. Cop mode kicks in, and Max starts inventorying the equipment they have at hand. Ivy has shown some of her talent to him over the time they’ve been associates. If annoying guy has any significant talent, the two of them together could potentially put on a hell of a show, or make a hell of a boom.

Bian’s strength and speed are probably the most reliable assets at their disposal. He’d be stupid to think that the magicians weren’t more powerful than the Vampire, but vampire strength is more consistent than the hurling of lightning from one’s fingertips.

Frankly, Max thinks, he’s the one holding the group back. His little gun isn’t going to do them much good in the current situation. Even the special clip of iron bullets in his coat pocket only work on limited types of targets, and he’s only got a handful of shots anyway.

He can’t help but think how less screwed he’d be if he hadn’t lost Varthiel’s coin.

“I really don’t think today’s going to go well for me.” He says, settling in to place beside Ivy, trying to relax his body and look like he’s still entranced.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Isoke could see the ones he freed from their stupor acting almost, but not quite, entirely not entranced. I should have warned them about the armed guard to give them incentive... Too late for that now I suppose. At least my promise didn't involve anything guaranteeing their survival through all this; at this rate the task seems all but impossible if they keep this up. The kitsune shrugged and allowed his attention to wander elsewhere. If nothing else, they'll make a good distraction. Not like the guard will rat me out, doing so would only put him in the same boat as me.

The train jerked and wobbled on the tracks as it traveled through the snaking tunnels. Had he been more familiar with subway system, he probably would have paid closer attention to the channel they were passing through. Unlike the city metro, the walls fit closely to the train with just enough clearance so the train wouldn't graze them as it traveled. They looked unfinished as though the developer had stopped construction once the path was dug out; not bothering to encase it in a barrier of concrete or even provide lighting or service ways. In fact, there couldn't have been more than a foot of clearance between the metal shell of the train and the compacted earth surrounding it.

After ten minutes, there was a noticeable change in momentum causing the other passengers to murmur more excitedly to one another. Gradually the train began to decelerate, breaks screeching lightly until one side of the enveloping earth opened into a wide station similar in size to the one they departed from. Though instead of a staircase leading up, there was a tall gap in the far wall stretching from floor to ceiling and wide enough for at least ten people to pass through walking side by side. Torches lined the corridor causing shadows to dance along the surfaces, burning a deep red rather than the usual orange. Two women in white were the only figures standing in the station, waiting patiently as the doors opened allowing the passengers to disembark. One entered the rearmost car and Isoke held his breath unable to see what was happening within.

The woman in white allowed her gaze to glide over every enthralled person within. Her eyes fell upon the enthralled girl that had the vine draped over her shoulders, causing a devious grin to spread over her lips. "There's my Ariadnian." The woman cooed while curling her finger in a come-hither gesture; the thrall rose and approached with all the fluid motions of a sleepwalker. With the sacrifice at her side, the woman in white left the train issuing a single command as she did so.

"Come."

In unison, the rest of the entranced passengers rose and began filing out of the car in a gradual shuffle.

Isoke released a breath he had not realized he was holding as the woman exited the car without incident. The rest of the crowd filed out of the train behind her, all of whom stopped once parallel with his own group as if commanded to do so telepathically. He noticed a few of them didn't stop quite as quickly as the rest, but it was just enough to be passable to those who weren't watching them as closely as the kitsune. Their disguise would have come to an abrupt end had any of them stumbled into another. The woman in white and the woman who now bore the vine over her shoulders continued down the massive hall ahead of the group while the other addressed the group as their guide.

"You are the last group to arrive; the others have already begun tonight's festivities, but there is more than enough party favors to ensure you all are more than entertained. Shall we?"

The second woman in white led the group in masks down the long corridor which was followed by the enthralled. Ahead of them the two silhouettes continued ahead, gradually gaining distance from the others as they went about their own destination that was looking likely to be elsewhere from where they were being led. Isoke could see several of his 'peers' glancing back eagerly towards them. A short distance down the hall faint sounds could be heard as they bounced indecipherably along the hard vaulting walls. As they continued, the sounds gradually gained clarity until they were undeniably the cries of humans entirely consumed by pleasure and vice. Eventually the hall led into a high-ceilinged atrium that branched into three corridors that were much more modest than the one they had just traveled through. The cries of ecstasy clearly resonated from the passages to the sides while the one leading forward remained comparatively silent.

The woman turned around with a smug expression on her face speaking in a suggestive tone. "As you know, this is where we part ways. Should you find that you need anything to... enhance your experience, attendants will be around as always. Enjoy." She then turned on her heels and walked with elegant grace down the less enticing hall leaving the masked individuals to swarm the enthralled looking for the ones who will most fully satisfy their desires. Whatever they may be.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Bian managed to remain calm and centered as the tunnel the train travelled through became close and rough-walled. Finally, the train came to a slow halt at a wide, torch-lit tunnel. A woman in the same white as those at the first station came into the car and after searching each face within, finally spied the girl with the vine draped over her shoulders next to Bian. Once more Bian cursed the crush of people. She couldn’t get a sense of the woman’s heartbeat. She couldn’t tell if she was Human or Vampire at all.

Being forced to remain still, she couldn’t follow after the girl to try to keep her in sight. At the woman’s command, Bian fell into step with the other entranced passengers. As they passed into the tunnel, the sounds of what Bian took to be an orgy reached her sensitive ears. The second woman, who had remained behind, greeted the guests from another car and it was clear that the entranced were the party favors she referred to. In Bian’s mind, the lust-filled psychic energy that the orgy would create only reinforced her certainty that this was the doing of the White Court. Her anxiety grew when the girl with the vine was led out of sight. Bian feared what might happen to her and her sense of obligation to her people only made it worse.

She remained with the group of entranced women and men as they were led to a larger atrium where the festivities were well underway. Bian watched in mild disgust as one by one those entranced around her were claimed by revelers. A tall, slender man with a hooked nose and shining, bald pate circled Bian like a bee buzzing a flower before running his crooked finger over her cool skin. He smiled lasciviously and licked his lips. “Such a delicate little flower.” He murmured hoarsely. Reaching out suddenly, he grabbed a handful of her hair and jerked Bian’s head back to expose her throat and chest. Only her years of training kept Bian from reacting at all to the gesture of possession and she didn’t move when the man’s tongue glided over her collarbone and throat.

Seemingly unsatisfied, the man released Bian and after considering her passive features let her go and moved through the group looking for another play thing. Bian remained glassy-eyed and unmoving on the outside, but she shuddered in revulsion on the inside. Without appearing to, Bian edged carefully through the crowd a few feet trying to locate the woman with the Chinese girl who would become the sacrifice in her place. Unfortunately, she lost the pair entirely in the throngs of writing bodies. Frustrated, she let her gaze seek out Max and the two Mages to ensure they weren’t in any immediate danger and found them also being looked over by potential partners. It gave Bian the unpleasant impression of slave markets of Hong Kong centuries ago.

Bian was at a bit of a loss how to proceed. As one of the entranced, she could not move about as freely as needed to find out what was happening or where those kidnapped were taken. Where was the man who had freed them? Who was he? How had he freed them from the influence of Eleni? Too many questions and no answers. It did not please her that she was obligated to Max and by extension, those with him. It put her into the untenable position of having to protect them and that severely limited her options.

Her musings were interrupted when a plump woman with bright blue eyes and bleached hair approached her, intent on claiming Bian for her own. “Oh my sweet dear.” She cooed. “Aren’t you exotic.”
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:51 am

Ivy followed the mass of entranced through what seemed to quite the exotic place for human trading, although you wouldn't expect more tastefulness from these kinds of people, she thought. Staying in line was easy to do, everyone who had a little military or police training could do it. But when the entranced turned, it took Ivy a split second to react to turn as well. She cursed under her breath, trying not to get any more attention, but it seemed like no one noticed.

Hearing the sounds from within the deeper caves and seeing the masked people approach - obviously the buyers - she thought <jeez. They didn't even check us for STIs. Or did they? ...Crap for all that I know they could've even take some blood and I wouldn't have noticed...>

A masked man circled and eyed her slowly. Ivy didn't look at him, trying to focus her gaze on the wall. The last thing she needed now was a soulgaze with a pervert. With the things he'd see, she wondered if he could even stay on his feet. But the point is, it'd attract too much attention for now. <If you pick me, you're down for an adventure you won't forget..> she thought.

He moved on to get a close view to the next woman in line. Good, time to think. Once she's been picked - or if she didn't, hopefully being neglected by the guards as well - there were two options. A) get the hell out, or B) find out who is behind this. While she leaned more towards option A, she could use some more information to bring whatever organisation this is down. Cursed be the fact she didn't have any equipment with her.

A hand grabbed her waist and her eye involuntarily twitched in surprise. Oh wow, good that I didn't jump, she thought. The hand moved up and felt up her chest and the man who had looked her up stepped up from behind her, again.

"Ahh this is such a hard decision, sweety."

<If you knew how old I actually am it certainly wouldn't be.>

He circled toward the other girl again.

"I think you'll do." he said to her.

<Oh you... if I see you again, I'll kick you.>

He left with the girl towards a side cave. Ivy wasn't sure she wanted to know what will happen to that girl. Good lord, if she hadn't been un-tranced earlier she'd just as happily do everything for a guy like that. <Ugh.>

<There comes the next wolf looking for a sheep.> She thought as another guy took a look at her.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Alex followed the enthralled as directed by the man from earlier. Though it was difficult to follow telepathic directions seeing as he was no longer part of the "in" crowd. However him and his fellow "rebels" were able to stick with the groups actions enough to avoid any attention. And then he heard it, the unmistakable sounds of human pleasure.

To sum up the thoughts that went through Alex's mind....SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOM! Alex looked more like one of the enthralled than ever, even swaying slightly in place. It took several good moments before his mind was able to put itself back together. At which point he was well beyond the train and tunnel and into the grand auditorium. It took more self control that Alex didn't know he had to still be standing still.

Alex's mind was a buzz with excitement as the "guests" made their way through the crowd. Oh yes yes yes! Thought Alex as a rather beautiful young woman made her way to his general direction. From what Alex could tell she was from old money as she had a Kim K. vibe about her. Meow! He thought as he tried his best to hold in any sign of excitement. Alex was severely disappointed and yet thoroughly excited when she passed him and chose a rather attractive young woman.

His excitement at the thoughts of the erotic happenings about to happen with those young attractive women was not to last. In fact it lasted all of about 3 seconds before a new figure made their way toward him, but this was not curvy and sultry as the one before. Well that is not fair the figure was certainly curvy, that is to say he was one big curve, and possibly Russian from the accent.

"Yessss I believe this meat will do just fine." He came the vodka stained voice.

No! No! No! Squeaked Alex in his own head as he became inches from breaking cover.

Luckily, either from shock or reason Alex kept up his act as he was lead down the many hallways in the building. The walk did some good clam his nerves even because the first few doors Alex crossed show little more than drink and drugs being shared. And though Alex was not one to dabble in narcotics he could deal with it today. But as the progressed further that old knot returned to Alex's stomach as he saw all other manner of debauchery taking place.\

Alex nearly ran into the rather portly Russian as he stopped at a door. He stood there a moment and gave a hungry look at Alex which made Alex's already knotted stomach another lurch. As they entered the room, Alex gave a very audible gulp. In the room was not the comfy couches and bottle of alcohol or drugs, but possibly the most horrifying set of toys Alex has ever seen. Alex could not help but wonder if several of the devices were once used in the middle ages.

"Now we can have some fun meat." Said the masked horrible man. Alex was seconds from breaking cover.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Every instinct Max has tells him to stay quiet. Do the ‘cop’ thing. Keep his eyes open, gather as much information as he can. Just like any other undercover job, really. Play the part, learn what you need to know, and then deal with things when it’s all said and done.

The cop part of Max’s brain has a plan, and the training to help him follow that plan. Which is a great thing, because every natural instinct the man has is telling him to rush into the fray, and start saving people. Every natural instinct, every drop of simple humanity he has, makes his skin crawl, and his muscles tense and twitch in anticipation of action that his police brain won’t ever let happen.

You could have killed them all.

His body freezes when the thought hits the forefront of his mind. His heart races, his lungs seem paralyzed, unable to draw in air. The voice of the thoughts is, unmistakably, his own. But the tone… the words themselves… and their darker intentions are all indicative of another.

If you hadn’t given up the coin, you could have killed every being in this building.

Varthiel.

A cold sort of panic settles in. Max feels his stomach go to ice. Goosebumps tickle his skin, raising the hairs on his arms and the back of his neck. His own voice, but sounding so like the Fallen Angel. Could it be that he’s not truly as free of Varthiel’s influence as he thought? Is the beast still locked away somewhere in his head? Or is it something more simple. Do his own darker tendencies now share the tone that the beast had when it was in his mind?

Max is brought back to reality as his eyes fall on Bian, being… licked. On Ivy being inspected like a piece of meet. On Alex being taken towards a room away from the main group. It’s really only a matter of time before something happens that forces them to show the fact that they are not entranced. At which point, somebody will die.

Not good, Max thinks. There is no part of this situation that looks promising in any way.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Isoke weaved his way through the throng of people, trying to locate the ones he had freed. He knew he had to find all four of them, to miss one would be a loose end that would undoubtedly ruin their cover as they broke their facade. I need to find the Kuei Jin first. She is young for her kind and is the most volatile in this situation. It only took him a moment to identify her in the mass, just as man had handled her in a forcefully. Isoke found himself holding his breath as he continued to move through the crowd with all the grace of a seasoned dancer. Only once the man moved away did he release the air in his lungs; it was the man's disinterest that almost surely saved his life, along with the those that were freed. He had finally closed the distance to the first of them as a more buxom woman inspected Bian.

"Excuse me, m'lady." Isoke said to the woman with a slight bow of his head, pouring will into his charm to throw her off balance. "I was actually hoping I could have this one. At least for a moment." The kitsune slid the fingertips of one hand along the side of her arm, his touch both sensual and enticing. "I'm sure arrangements can be made for a rendezvous later this evening."

The woman's face blushed deeply as she reacted to the sudden proposition. "I... uh... okay?"

With a smirk, Isoke gripped lightly upon Bian's wrist to guide her away before the woman could regain her wits. "This way." He said simply as he pulled her deeper into the mass of bodies that was beginning to thin out. Isoke had identified the other woman he had freed while in the process of 'claiming' Bian and made his way toward her. The vampire's nimble steps were just as smooth as his own and Isoke was glad to see that the managed to keep step with his. He noticed the man focusing upon her intently and had very nearly closed the distance before Isoke moved between them, grabbed her by the wrist with his free hand, and pulled her in toe without slowing for a moment. In the man's perspective, she had simply been lost amongst moving bodies when somebody cut him off. He blinked in confusion for a moment before moving on to look for another.

By this time, the group was quickly dispersing as guests found their playthings and began heading down the corridors. Isoke's eyes darted around until he identified the first person he had freed. Thankfully, he had gone largely unnoticed as he held a very convincing expression of distant thought. As he approached, he noticed the final of the freed being guided down the hall. Not good. Isoke called to Max as he passed by, "You, come with me." He didn't waste time to stop and issue the command, simply redirecting his movement to pursue Alex.

Isoke paid no attention to the happenings of the rooms around them, his gaze focused upon tracking the last of his group. They moved only slightly faster than the rest of the pairings around them, using the disbursed group to blend. He saw the room where Alex was led to and pressed forward, still several yards away as the flow of traffic down the hall slowed with people seeking empty rooms or gawking at occupied ones. Seconds seemed like an eternity as he listened carefully for a cry of alarm, but none came by the time he reached the door. He turned the brass handle of the door and opened it, guiding the others to file in before him.

"Hey! This room is occupied." The man said with a thick accent that clearly shown his annoyance as Isoke closed the door behind him, locking it in a gesture that went unnoticed to the Russian. "My mistake." The kitsune said casually, meeting Bian's faux vacant gaze. "We will be leaving momentarily." He reached up to lower the privacy blind over the only way to appear into the room before flicking his gaze to the man and back to Bian in a silent sign. Detain him.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 pm

The plump woman was so focused on Bian’s slender form that she missed the tiny mew of distaste that passed over the Vampire’s features. She was saved by Isoke’s timely interference and wisked away into the crowd in search of the others. The female Wizard was also collected right out from under a nose of a perspective partner. Bian slipped easily between the thinning crowds in Isoke’s wake as Max was directed to follow along as well. Bian traded a brief glance toward the Detective wondering what might be going on in his mind in the midst of the ‘harvesting’ of lustful energies the White Court needed.

The three co-conspirators slipped into the room Alex had been lead into and Isoke locked the door behind him. The indignant man, Bian realized now he was Human, was robed in a long, black cloak without a hood and wore a black mask on his face. It resembled a bird with two peacock feathers that split over the man’s nose and hung below his chin. The man was nearly as tall as Max, but much heavier and his thick Russian accent was indignant at being disturbed in his enjoyment of his chosen entertainment for the night.

A single look from Isoke was all Bian needed to drop her act of being entranced and helpless. Gliding forward suddenly, her hand shot out and she gripped the man’s shirt collar beneath the cloak. Twisting viciously, any hope the man had of crying out was choked off. Jerking the big man off his feet, she whirled and slammed him into the St. Andrew’s cross that had been set up for his puppet to be immobilized upon. Despite being half the man’s size, Bian handled him like an over-sized rag doll. The impact with the solid wooden cross drove the breath from the man’s lungs and before he could push away from the cross, Bian had slammed a hard fist into his kidney nearly paralyzing him. A choking grunt was all the sound he could make. Before the man’s knees could give way, Bian ripped the mask from his face, making him paw at his face to hide his features. Another few deft flicks of her wrists secured the dark cloak which she handed off to Max with a terse “Take these.”

Letting her demon to show on her face, Bian’s eyes turned completely black and her mouth filled with unnatural shark-like teeth. A deep, growling voice was forced from her throat as she leaned in close to the man. “Do not tempt me, Human. You are nothing more than food to me.” The effect was terrifying to the big man as evidenced by the warm wetness that darkened his expensively tailored trousers. Long experience secured the man to the St Andrew’s cross and Bian’s presence ensured he did not cry out for help.

Bian hated the role she was forced to play, but it was necessary for now. She was careful not to meet the eyes of her companions, she had to let the man believe that she was barely under their control. She wanted to know, more than almost anything else, who the man was that had freed them and what debt they now owed him.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

“Holy damn!” Max exclaims with little regard for the volume of his voice. His eyes widen at the sight of the man’s face as Bian rips the mask off their new Russian friend. “What the hell is going on here?” Max takes the mask and robe from Bian, gripping the costume in a tight bundle in his arms as he turns to face the creature that freed the group from their initial trance. “What the hell did you get us involved in?!”

The cop looks around the room at each of his fellow ‘captives’, trying to catch each in the eye for a second or two, asking each of them the same silent question. Just what have they found themselves in the middle of?

He turns to their prisoner, pointing a finger in the man’s face from a distance.

“This is Nicolai Grigori Ostrovsky. He’s the freakin’ Russian ambassador to the United Nations. We are actually holding a Russian diplomat hostage right now. Does everybody realize this? What the hell is going on here?!”

Even while his very human and frail mind is freaking out just a little bit, his cop brain is working just enough that he starts to throw the robe over his shoulders, the voice in the back of his mind telling him to prepare the disguise in case the group is caught.

“Do we even have a chance at stopping whatever’s going on right now?” He asks, his voice more under control than it was a few moments before. “This is White Court, right? Feeding off of the lust in the air. And that woman who put the whammy on us had to have been White Court. It’s the simplest answer, unless I’m missing something?”

He turns towards Bian, his eyes focusing on her predator features, the teeth and the snarl that contorts her face into something very not human. "And for the love of god, try not to kill that guy yet."

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 am

Alex could not have been more pleased to have been interrupted before some kinda of kinky sex in his whole life. Though he was a bit worried when it did seem that the others would simply leave him to his fate. But the closing of the privacy blinds gave him such a sense of relief that Alex was simply not ready for what would transpire next.

The once beautiful and exotic woman who was among the others who had been friend had turned into....something else. The shocking speed of her movements and face made Alex quickly put together what exactly she was and he gave out a great shout. "Ah!! Kill it with fire!" Alex backed away to the far wall his watch arm up, though he knew he would be relatively safe with the others there Alex was no fan of any other being other than human. Call it racism if you want, but...yeah ok it's exactly that.

Alex felt a great deal of sympathy to the human who was now quite rightfully freaking out to all the turns of events. Well that is to say he would feel sympathetic if the man hadn't shoved a gun in his back earlier. As of that moment Alex felt like tightening the fear by exclaiming the creatures desire to kill them all now that she had shown her true face and run around screaming. Lucky for the others however Alex had a bit more self control than that. Though not much.

He was very much surprised by the mans knowledge of the White Court and other things from his world. Not many clearly unmagical people were very privy to that info thanks to the Council. He looked at the other two, (well ok not so much the creature who was once a lady but he did give it a glance!) and figured with the familiarity of they seemed to have inside the train that they had been the ones who introduced him to this side of the mirror. Whatever the case Alex had heard something too good to pass up.

"Wait wait. No that can't be right, she looked right into my eyes and though vampires are low down mangy and disgusting, they still have souls. And no soul gazed had occurred. Unless of course you mean to imply....'vampirez haz no soulz.' " Alex was quick to laugh at his own joke expecting others to join. However none did. "G...get it no soulz...like ging..." Alex had looked up and saw several unfriendly eyes looking back. "N...nevermind." With a awkward moment clearing cough Alex moved to the far wall again.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 pm

Nicolai's mind was still reeling from the drastic change in situation. One moment his private time with his new pet was interrupted and the next he was harshly pinned against the wall before being roughed up by a being of nightmares. Panic coursed through his body as the creature warned him to comply and there wasn't a cell in his body that dared to defy its wishes. His eyes were wide with terror as he looked over the others in the room, his gaze stopping upon the gentleman that still garbed in the Organization's ceremonial attire. The cool, almost amused expression on his face only caused his initial fear to double and redouble. A collector! Nicolai's entire body trembled in terror, a trait that resounded in his voice.

"N-N-Nyet! Y-You got ze vrong man! My dues for ze monz has been paid en full already! P-Pajalsta, check wiz your boss again. Zere has been a m-mistake!"

Nicolai, just like everybody other member has been warned with the penalty of missing the payment deadline or even being a single ruble shy. He was there when they counted and recounted. The entire amount was there, the collector confirmed it. If this mistake in identity was not rectified, he wouldn't make it out of this room alive. He suddenly felt the fist gripping him by the collar jerk to redirect his attention to the demon before him.

"Who is behind the captivity of the entranced?"

The large Russian man only blinked in shocked confusion of the question, unsure if he had heard it correctly. "Vhat?"

There was another harsh jerk before it repeated the question. He had not misheard the question and realized the situation he was in. Somehow, his eyes managed to widen even more with comprehension. "Y-you're not part of ze Organization!" Nicolai took in a deep breath to cry out in alarm before another impact to his stomach caused the air to explode out of his lungs. Before he could catch his breath, the creature's face was within an inch of his. Never before had he seen such coldly inhuman eyes and he knew the owner of such eyes would not hesitate to inflict pain upon him.

"This is your last warning, mortal. Attempt to cry out again and you will suffer for it. Answer my questions and you may yet leave this room alive."

Leave the room only to be hunted down by the Organization for revealing its secrets to outsiders? I'm dead no matter what I do... His eyes refocused upon the razor sharp carnivorous teeth and he was hit by the thought of them tearing out his throat without reservation or hesitation. "I-I has no idea. T-The organization just b-brings zem to us."

The monster was clearly annoyed by his lack of information, but proceeded to ask him another question instead of killing him outright. "Are they choosing victims specifically of a type?" Nicolai knew he was only digging his own grave by allowing this interrogation to continue, but the feral demeanor of his inquisitor left him too afraid to resist. "Victims? I-I do not know. Zey just bring zem to us and let us pick." It's gaze only became more menacing with his answer, or lack thereof. "What is the meaning behind the vine, the tree of the brooch and the peacock feathers on the masks?" The ambassador felt the helplessness of the situation begin to weigh upon him. It continued to ask questions that he either didn't know the answers, that is if he could even understand what she meant by the phrasing or use of words. "I do not know vhat you are talking about. Z-zey just give us the mask to show involvement."

Tears began to well up in his eyes, making him realize that the feeling of helplessness and fear of his impending death was beginning to boil over. He had a feeling that if he didn't know the answer to her next question, he would surely suffer a gruesome death within the next minute. "Is there a ritual being powered? To what end?"

At this, Nicolai could no longer hold back and broke out into terrified bawling, his voice coming out much louder than he had intended and his grasp on English began to falter. "I know of not vhat you say!" Terror overtook him and he began babbling in his native tongue, pleading for mercy as he closed his eyes not wanting to see himself get torn to shreds. He felt his weight upon his wrists as his bindings to the St. Andrew's cross prevented him from curling into a fetal position upon the ground. After a few moments, he dared a peak and noticed a man standing over him. At least he appeared to be a man. His voice was soothing, the sound of which Nicolai desperately wanted to anchor to in order to find shelter from the terror that ravaged his mind. "I want to help you. We won't hurt you. Yes, she's scary and would like to hurt you, but I won't let her. Now, tell me what you know."

"I-I don't know anyzing and even if I did, I couldn't tell you. Zey'd kill me if zey found out."

"They won't find out, I'll make sure of it."

Nicolai wanted to believe that, but as far as he knew, this was a test. If that were the case, he'd probably already failed it. The only thing he could do was avert his gaze and stare at the ground directly next to him. <"How did you get involved in this?"> The Russian looked up with surprise to hear his native tongue spoken to him so affluently that the man could very well be Russian himself. It was that sense of belonging that gave the ambassador courage to speak.

<"A man met me privately about a year ago to speak with me about becoming a member of this Organization.">

<"Who invited you here?">

<"I don't know. I've never seen him before in my life and he never gave me his name. I thought it was a joke until I actually attended the new member initiation ceremony.">

<"What did they tell you was going on?">

<"That this was a place for the world's elite to cut loose and fulfill their deepest fantasies no matter how socially taboo. It is a place for influential people like myself to escape the ever present media. A place where we don't have to worry about doing what we want without fear of societal repercussions.">

<"Did you know that the evening's 'toys' were forced victims, who were brainwashed, or were you under the belief that they were willing participants?">

The ambassador blinked several times at that question as a perplexed expression flooded over his face. He looked over to the man he had chosen for the evening who appeared to show no signs of being forced or brainwashing. A bit skittish perhaps, but Nicolai was the same way the first few times he participated. Nicolai did his best to point towards Alex despite his restraints. <"He looks like a willing, albeit nervous participant to me. We were told the guests were people who were either paid or volunteered to be submissives for the evening. That it was their role to remain in character throughout the evening.">

<"Do you know of any other highly placed individuals at this gathering?">

Nicolai shook his head before gesturing to the mask that had been taken from him. <"That's the very point of the attire. Anonymity is the highest priority for the Organization. I couldn't even tell you for certain who any of the other members are and the closest we come to seeing the people in charge are the hostesses in white who are just as anonymous despite their lack of disguises. I've never seen them outside of Organization functions and knew it would have been dangerous to try to seek them out.>"

There was several moments where no more questions were asked, the outsiders talking amongst themselves. Anxiety began to build up again as he began to wonder what would come of him. By all rights, he was a hostage and with his identity known he faced several unpleasant fates. If they revealed his activities here, he would be ruined by the public before being killed by the Organization. If they did anything to solicit the attention of the Organization, it would only be a matter of time until they discovered his role in things, at which point there would be nowhere he could hide. <"W-what are you going to do with me?">

“What the hell did you get us involved in?!”

Isoke couldn't help but to find the two mortal males amusing in the moments that followed the vampiress' detainment of the large human they intruded upon. The only outward indicator of this was the faintest of smirks that was all but undetectable.

"As far as I could tell," the Kitsune said with a casual, almost bored drawl to his inflection, "you were involved in this a while before I intervened." The man proceeded to identify their captor and his interest only increased due to the potential for mischief that had presented itself to him. The amusement was short lived once he reminded himself of his mission and his ultimate goal to restore his status among his peers. Mischief would have to wait.

“This is White Court, right? Feeding off of the lust in the air. And that woman who put the whammy on us had to have been White Court. It’s the simplest answer, unless I’m missing something?”

Isoke's eyes practically gleamed at that. Pranks are one thing, but no Fae could resist the opportunity for making a bargain with a mortal. Especially when it involved the trade of information said Fae possessed in exchange for some sort of claim over said mortal. Then Alex spoke of what he discovered, making the opening he had been waiting for. "Very perceptive, wizard. Though I am sure that initial assumption to their affiliation was not unintentional. Although they bare several similarities to the White Court by nature, the behavior between the two are vastly different. For them to be acting in this manner is wholly characteristic of them from what I have seen thus far."

With that the bait was set, it was just a matter of waiting to see if anybody would take it so that he may set the hook. That statement instantly attracted the attention of the entire room, save for the one detained upon the torture device who seemed to be in his own world.

The vampiress was the first to react, her response almost threatening. "What do you know of this? Who are you?" Her features sharpened and hardened slightly as her mood became more assertive. "How do you come to be here?"

"Now now, seeing as how we are presently outside the Middle Kingdom, it is more unusual for you to be here than I, is it not?" Before Bian could respond, Alex interrupted with his own questions in a more lighthearted manner.

"What the hell was that? You want some green tights with question marks all over them?" Isoke blinked in bewilderment at the question, unable to see its relevance to the current situation. As if to answer his misplaced question, the Kitsune pulled back his cloak revealing the fashionably tailored black suite beneath.

"As you can see, my attire is entirely unlike that of which you have described."

"What the hell was that, Mr. E. Nigma?"

"I.... don't follow. Human euphemisms tend to escape me."

Isoke was thankful when Max interceded the conversation that had drifted too far off topic for rational comprehension. "You're Fae, aren't you?" To answer, Isoke only returned a sly smile that expressed his approval of the mortal's insight.

Once again Alex spoke, but the Fae was glad to see his focus had returned to relevant matters. "Ok what do you want for the info, Tink?"

Finally, one of them has taken the bait. Now let's see how I can benefit from this potential deal. Alex now had his undivided attention. "Please. Just call me Isoke. What knowledge are you asking for precisely and what are you willing to pay for such information?"

Alex muttered to himself, a remark that Isoke regarded as useless while waiting for him to return to the conversation. "Lord....I think I had an easier time getting a bank loan." Finally, the man spoke up. "Ok. I want everything you know about the freaky...sexy...voluptuous..." Again, Alex caught himself mumbling. "Er....the girl who got us in this situation. And....I'm willing to pay...my talents....for a day. Just a day."

That caused the Kitsune to quirk a brow in interest. "And what sort of talents do you possess that I might find worthy of such a trade?"

"I have talents which are useful...but....frowned upon by my superiors. But I been a good boy promise"

Isoke's expression remained patiently pensive, though not amused as he waited for his question to be answered as if he hadn't heard Alex's previous reply. An expression of exasperation ran over the wizard before he answered with a sigh. " .....My mother use to look at me like that. Fine. Necromancy is my forte." A menacing hiss came from the direction of the vampiress with that, but Isoke was far more focused upon the usefulness having a claim over such skills would present him.

"A day where you serve me in exchange for information about the ones who guided us here?" The Kitsune was so close to obtaining the key he had been missing, it took an effort of will for him to maintain his composure when Alex seemed to hesitate. "As long as I don't have to kill anybody." Isoke nodded in acceptance to the amendment. It is the opposite of which I desire from you. "A whole day, of my choosing, where you are in service to me as long as such duties do not require you to take the life of another in exchange for knowledge regarding the ones who guided us here. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

A wolfish smile spread across Isoke's face for a brief moment before he proceeded to fulfill his end of the bargain. "As you said, they cannot be White Court since they did not have a soul which you could gaze upon when she met your eyes. Unless you know what to look for, Maenads can be easily confused for White Court vampires."

"Maenads?"

"Wild Fae most commonly found in the lands of Winter. Like the vampires, they feed upon the spiritual essence of mortals; specifically the primal energies that accompany lustful acts and violent frenzies. They are able to do so indirectly, feeding by proximity rather than through direct contact. Though they are independent in nature, never acting in concert with one another in groups larger than two or three and certainly not staying in the same area as long as they have in this instance. Furthermore, I've never known them to exclude mortals when enthralling. Typically, they show up at a moderately sized social gathering, compel all mortals present into a state of frenzy while removing any inhibitions, and spend the entire night feeding before leaving. The next morning the mortals would wake up, pending they hadn't been torn to pieces as a means of sacrifice by the Maenad, with a headache and no recollection to what had happened in the hours prior, attributing it to a hangover after a night of excessive intoxication." Isoke added with a slight amused chuckle as he shook his head, "Mortals."

"To put their abilities into perspective, they're basically what would result if you were to combine a White Court vampire with a ghoul. They're able to enthrall others into passive submission or feral frenzies while also being able to assume the guise of an attractive human female. Beneath which, they more closely resemble ghouls with their teeth and claws more than capable of rending your flesh to bloody ribbons with a single flick of the arm. And if they have you enthralled, you would be more than delighted to have them do so to you."

"From what I've seen thus far, I get the impression that it isn't a coincidence that the Maenads are acting similar to those of the White Court vampires. Perhaps as a means of passing off the blame? It is not in their nature for them to behave like this, which leads me to believe that there is another who is manipulating them to act this way. As for why and to what end, well, that's what I have yet to discover."
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Listening the the others discuss just what they were dealing with left Bian uncomfortable. The Fae? Ghouls? The Jade Court were supremely careful to have as few dealings with the capricious creatures as was possible. Had the young man not already professed himself to be a Wizard who profaned the dead, she would have warned him against bargaining with the man who freed them. As it stood, she cared little if he dug his own grave with the creature. She shot the Russian occasional glances whenever he whimpered or sniffled in despair.

Bian instantly mistrusted the man that had freed them in the train. He knew who she was, what she was. But how? Her eyes narrowed at him when he answered Max's practical questions with bright amusement. She only had the most elementary knowledge of the Fae and was shocked when Max was capable to picking out the man's nature so quickly.

She took in everything Isoke told them about the Wild Fae who had organized themselves into such a large operation and so long standing. It wasn't possible, from what little she knew of the Fae. As young as she was, she would never have been permitted to deal with the Fae Courts, and certainly never the Wild Fae. Because the Fae could be so dangerous to deal with, she knew they existed, but few other details. Had they been in any other place or time, she might have been far more curious than she was now. What did concern her was where the 'victims' ended up. The family members of the Jade Court that had been taken before and never returned. Were they killed as Isoke intimated? “We must learn who directs the directionless. These Wild Fae have Masters it seems. That is who we must find.”

In Bian's head, she was counting the passage of time. They had been inside the private room less than a half hour, she doubted that they would be disturbed for some time. But, she was loathe to take the chance. She turned to the whimpering Russian Ambassador. “How long would you be here ordinarily?” Before he could answer, a thought came to her. Her head snapped around to Isoke and she shot a question at him, “Would these creatures know if the emotion of fear was mixed with the lust or out of place? Will we be discovered?” Regardless of the answer provided, she'd made up her mind. “We must go.” She stated sharply.

She began to untie the Russian's bindings. “You will assist us.” She grinned at him toothily, “Or not. It is your choice”
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:01 am

Max curses loudly when Bian asks if the Russian’s fear would attract attention from the organizers of this little gathering. “It’d be like a human tasting salt, when they were expecting sweetness. If they can even feed on the fear at all. This is really not good.”

He slips the Russian’s party cloak over his suit, and then secures the mask across his face. It’s a little large for him, apparently made for the Ambassador’s slightly rounder, larger face, but Max can see well enough. “How do I look?” he asks, as he turns to the rest of the group. “We only need to fool the other guests, really. I doubt even a perfect disguise would get by the people that set this up.”

Max takes a few breaths, organizing his mind, trying to come up with some sort of plan. “We need to get out of this room, and we need to avoid any of the people in charge. And,” he says, pointing at the Ambassador, “we can’t take him with us. They’d just be able to track his fear, and we wouldn’t have a chance. So, he has to be left behind. Alive!” he adds, his voice firm on this point.

After a few more moments of consideration, he asks the group “Did anybody see a way we could go that might keep us from running in to the bad guys?”

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 am

Alex was a little more than surprised by the hiss coming from the monster holding the Russian. He thought he could not be any more suscipoius of the monster that surrounded him now. But he found himself even more on guard than before, so much so that with a glare at the creature. He brough up his arm and began the familair ryrthem on his shoulder, should he have any reason to take control of something to protect himself. He could not help but get a smile on his face.

He knew his little deal with the devil would probably come back to haunt him. Fact if he knew anything about Faes he was sure of it. But information from them came at price and Alex found himself in a situation where it was best to find out what exsactly he was coming up against out there before he found out first hand. It gave him time to think a sound stratagy to take on any of them in case their exit was anything less than stealthy.

As the others had more of a discussion of what was going on, and more importantly how to get out Alex stuck to the back. He was never much to take charge of things unless he needed to. Not to mention it was clear he was not among friends, being that one was a freak of some kind and the other had held a gun to his back. Oh no, he would not waste his breath on any ideas he may have had that would quickly be shut down. Perhaps...he could take a robe and mask off another guest and have some fu- No Alex. Bad. Live now. Sex later.

Alex had waited for a few more moments until it seemed the others were about ready to go before revealing he was missing a key piece of his arsenal. "I'm missing my walking stick. I'm rather useless with offensive spells at the moment, I have a few things here and there that could make a rather nice distraction, and of course my shield." He said to the others while he was leaning back on the wall next to the door.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:55 pm

“Would these creatures know if the emotion of fear was mixed with the lust or out of place? Will we be discovered? We must go.”

“It’d be like a human tasting salt, when they were expecting sweetness. If they can even feed on the fear at all. This is really not good.”

Once again, Isoke expressed amusement with the mortal and his knowledge of things that his kind tended to remain oblivious about. "Although your analogy is crude, it isn't wholly inaccurate. Fortunately there is plenty of 'sweet' flavors flowing around us to help mask the 'saltiness'. Indeed it is best that we do not longer around these parts for much longer, however." The kitsune walked with calm strides to the door and stood with his back leaning against the wall next to its frame and watched as the others planned their next step. It seemed the consensus was to see where the Ariadnian had been taken. Max donned the cloak and mask that were clearly too large for his frame and would certainly be an object of interest at any semi-attentive checkpoint should they pass one.

“How do I look? We only need to fool the other guests, really. I doubt even a perfect disguise would get by the people that set this up.”

"Dear Child," Isoke said with a slight air of derision to his voice as though he was addressing a youth. "the humans are mostly locked inside of their personal chambers. The ones we're likely to run into are those who may intend to prevent us following those the maenads have chosen for whatever purpose. They tend to be rather protective of their sacrificial ceremonies." The fae snapped his fingers and in an instant the fabric around Max shifted so that it hung around him as though tailored specifically for his frame. "No need to take unnecessary risks, la?"

He glanced over at the Russian who now hung limply in his bindings, clearly unconscious. Most likely a result of being overwhelmed by the supernatural and the likelihood of his own death. A grimace spread across his lips for a moment. "A shame. It would have been fun to break into his mind to see what sort of fun I could have." He turned and placed his hand upon the door handle just before Alex spoke up.

"I'm missing my walking stick. I'm rather useless with offensive spells at the moment, I have a few things here and there that could make a rather nice distraction, and of course my shield."

Isoke glanced over his shoulder at the man. "Then let's just hope it doesn't come to a point where it would have been handy to have them." With that, he turned the doorknob and stepped into the hallway.

The chamber where the two parties had congregated earlier now stood entirely vacant, appearing much larger than it had when occupied. The five of them turned down the hall where the maenad had led her personal captive. It had been much smaller than the others, just wide enough for four people to walk side by side as the lighting grew dimmer the further they progressed. The walls maintained their entirely smooth surface as though molten stone had been molded in place or the tunnel had been carved with entirely flawless craftsmanship upon finishing. After about a hundred yards of walking, Isoke's keen ears could make out faint chanting coming from ahead of them; another hundred yards ahead of them the outline of the tunnel opening could be distinguished by a significantly brighter source of light. It was still too far off to make out clearly what lie just through the archway.

After a few more paces, Isoke felt the faint presence of winter just a moment before two silhouettes stepped from indentations of the wall. The only thing the humans would be able to make out in the lighting was the gentle curvy outlines of those who stood in their path. Isoke and Bian were able to make out the white dresses that just barely managed to make the attractive women ahead of them appear modestly dressed.

"Where is it that you think you are going?"
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down