FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom in Speed

Go down

Freedom in Speed Empty Freedom in Speed

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Born on July 4, 1989, Michael Aimes was a man born, no, destined to be free. His parents, Jason and Linda Aimes were both gainfully employed and considered a wonderful and happy couple. They had a daughter, four years older than Mike, named Elise. She was a happy and well behaved child. He was born a month premature, with issues breathing. Despite the scare, two weeks later the happy parents took their second child home from hospital, a week after he emerged from the I.C.U. Despite what was predicted to be chronic problems with asthma, their son was a bright and intelligent child. His parents and his sister never failed to love him and support him. The kitten they had acquired shortly before his birth had taken a liking to him, and were nigh inseparable for the first year of their lives. In short, he was born with a perfect family and outlook. He had every reason to live, and boundless opportunities.

However, after twenty one years of life, Mike had found that he had no reason to live. While he had many reasons not to die, there was no fire within him, no goal or dream to pursue. In short, he felt he had only one thing left to do, die in a befitting way. He had bound himself in chains forged on his own. The horizon was barred with his own steel and apathy. While he had a degree from a prestigious college, and several possible occupations available for him, Mike had lost his motivation to pursue his dreams. He simply had no more dreams. Mike had nothing he wanted to accomplish at what most would consider the most bountiful time in his life. Mike's and his ex-girlfriend Dianna had went their separate ways, and the other girl he still loved was also lost to him.

While he still loved his family, he also hated them for chaining him to a life he had no reason to live anymore. For a man born to be free, he lived in a prison, and it was simply intolerable. He was a man at war with himself and no way out. Instead Mike turned to the only two things he enjoyed: speed and winning. By moving fast enough, whether he wanted to live or not did not matter. If he simply ran fast enough, he would chase down a dream, a reason to continue on. If he won, Mike felt alive. Nothing made him feel more alive than betting his life against others. It was the ultimate con, wagering something of little value to him against something of great value to others. It was this drive that would cause to either become a legend or die trying.

So I have to basic idea that Mike is going to try to become either a professional triathlete or a fighter. I am looking for someone to help pair with, anything from a trainer to a regular at the bar he tends or even a person he meets on the street.

Back to top Go down

Freedom in Speed Empty Re: Freedom in Speed

Post by Unicorn Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Would you perhaps consider making Mike turn to car racing? Or perhaps something like drifting?

Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:19 pm

I like drifting personally, but it wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I did have an idea for that with a different character. That guy is more of a chronic gambler though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Well, the gamble thing could work, like, your character loses a gamble to one of my character's thugs, who was narrowing money from my character, and ends up having to drift for my character. Who is bored out of his skull.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Sounds fine with me. I don't know a lot about the actual mechanics of drifting in relation to the mechanics of cars, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:59 pm

....actually niether do I to tell you the truth. May we be unanimous in out ignorence and sort of BS it?
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Ok, would you like some sort of character sheet or....whatever.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:57 pm

I will create a OOC, and ya, a character sheet with some basic information would be nice, but not really necessary. As long as you know, I don't mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down