FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eReaders

3 posters

Go down

Do you have an eReader?

eReaders Votele100%eReaders Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
eReaders Votele1050%eReaders Voteri10 50% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
eReaders Votele1025%eReaders Voteri10 25% 
[ 1 ]
eReaders Votele1025%eReaders Voteri10 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

eReaders Empty eReaders

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Okay, so I just bought a nookColor by Barnes & Noble the other day. Its the first time I've ever bought a device like this and, honestly, I have no experience with using them what-so-ever. Now that I'm looking around I'm noticing that there were actually all sorts of eReaders out there on the market, so I'm curious how great of a deal I got.

I paid about $240 for the nookColor. It has a color (duh) touch screen with Android OS, about three "desktops" that I can swipe my finger on and see an array of books that I can move around with my finger when I'm bored stiff. It has a really kick-butt web browser (and its no "mobile" browser, its the whole deal and loads everything on a website, including Java). It has chess, sudoku (which I don't get), the Pandora Radio app (yay me!), albums for my photos, music, and backgrounds; and more. I can't add new apps to it myself, I think B&N has to come out updates for me to expand my app library. I can't remember how much room on the hard drive I have initially, but it has a slot for a 16GB SD card... that's a lot of freaking books.

It can hold your typical ePub format books, magazines, newspapers, and kids - which give you the option for the nook to read to you or for you to read it yourself.... kinda creepy if you ask me.

The battery life lasts for... well I don't know because I've had this thing on for more than a week without charging it and its not even to the half-way point on the little icon yet. Dang, why can't laptops do that?! It works off of wifi only, and if I remember right, they said their E-Ink, non-fancy, version goes off of wifi and 3G. But that's fine, I'm satisfied with my touch screen and Pandora. Razz

So... while I'm in the middle of reading the latest issue of Starz magazine on this thing, does anyone else have a cool eReader? And if so, what can yours do?
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

eReaders Empty Re: eReaders

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

I'm not sure which to vote for. I have an app installed on my cell phone called Laputa which is an eReader. That's the most experience I have with them. I don't know how complex they get or anything, but I enjoy it. I can download classic books for free, so lately I've been reading through the Grimm Fairy Tales and War of the Worlds.

I'm sorry I can't help you out more. Maybe someone else can.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:46 pm

I don't have one yet, but I asked for a Kindle (the $139 model) for my birthday in January.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:05 pm

I have no interest in eReaders. I enjoy books: the look, feel, and smell of them. I like being able to flip through the pages. I like being able to fill my bookshelf with them. So I will likely never get an eReader. I have heard a lot of complaints about them as well. A book is a book...it doesn't really have issues unless it is crappy cover art or a bad writer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum