FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword and Sorcery and Romance

4 posters

Go down

Sword and Sorcery and Romance Empty Sword and Sorcery and Romance

Post by Lyonesse Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 pm

This is a fairly straightforward fantasy RP I developed at another site, only for it to pretty much die before it began because one of the other players weren’t advanced enough to carry a small RP, so I figured what better place to try again than on a site dedicated to advanced roleplaying. I’d be looking for a pretty small group, really only about three-four other people to keep things simple and keep the ball rolling. I would also be hoping for players open to a romance angle to the RP, although that would be secondary to the adventure.

For centuries, the prosperous island nation of Iselde has maintained its independence from wars and great empires that surround it by strength of an ancient and powerful magic. That magic is held within a great stone called the eye of the moon, which holds the power turn the tides and winds surrounding Iselde against any would be invaders. The stone itself is three tons and half buried in the innermost courtyard of the royal palace, guarded at all times and effectively safe from theft and threats. However, the stone’s powers can only be activated and controlled by someone of royal blood, and when the Princess Olwyn, the ailing king’s only daughter and heir to the throne is found missing from her chambers the stability and independence of Iselde are threatened.

The countryside is quickly torn apart searching for the girl, but not a trace is found until an Iseldan merchant returning from the coasts of the great Celaestan Empire claims to have seen the princess leaving a ship in the empire’s capital city, surrounded by Imperial Soldiers. The merchant captain’s words are soon supported by a vision from the royal soothsayer, who claims the princess is being held to the east and the north under the banner of a red star—the emblem of the Celaestan Empire. Desperate for the return of their princess and the future safety of their kingdom, but also sensitive to their perilous political situation, the king and the Royal Council bring together a small group to travel to the Celaestan Empire and search for Olwyn. Their mission is not to be known beyond the Council and the group itself, and they must act quietly, precisely, and above all, quickly to find and return the princess before any foreign nation can take advantage of Iselde’s weakness. Alone in a foreign land, chasing rumors and surrounded by enemies, this small group has only each other to trust as they race to protect their country.

Sword and Sorcery and Romance RPmap
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Sword and Sorcery and Romance Empty Re: Sword and Sorcery and Romance

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:56 am

Greetings!

~glances about~ No other replies yet?

Well, I might be interested if this takes off. I'm new to the forum, but no stranger to writing and role-plays, and tend to be most comfortable in smaller groups.

Will this story be dealing with solely humans or, would one be allowed to join as any other races? I like to know my options, but I don't want to get so extravagant (I have a tendency there...) as to be an unlikely case.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm thinking just humans. I'm trying to keep a lot of things--at least initially--very straightforward. Thanks for your interest Kyrt and we'll see if we can maybe get two more folks or so.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm

I have no other threads at the moment so I'll throw my hat into the ring. No guarantee till I see the Character sheet though and know what is expected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Sorry, Raptorman, but I don't feel your style of gaming will fit with this RP.

Still looking for two more folks.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:52 am

Do you have an idea as to the characters you are looking for? Are there mages beyond the stone? Did you want to create a balanced party, or do you want the random characters to work out the details?

I would like to join, I just need to know what you have in mind.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:13 pm

You could play just about any sort of character as long as said character can have an interesting and logical reason/motivation behind joining the group. Mages, knights, warriors, clerics, etc. Really just about any sort of fantasy character would be fine. If we wind up with four mages then we can work out a reason why that's the best possible of all parties. The only thing I'm really looking to keep balanced are the genders of the characters.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Are we counting the princess-to-be-rescued in the gender ratio?
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm

No. She's an NPC.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:15 pm

I might be persuaded to play a female if the need arises.

~endures stares~

And I'm not gay.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 am

No judgment, Kyrt. I planned on having a female character for this RP, but I play a lot of male characters in other RPs. That's kind of the point of roleplaying, to be people you're not. Smile
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:05 am

Touche.

But, seeing as how no REAL female has ever inspected my attempts to write a female character, I don't know how realistically I do. Still...
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 am

I could play male or female, and I am gay. The gender I end up playing really depends on the personality I intend to give them. I play a much more convinceing 'evil' or shady character as a female. My males tend to be the gentleman protector types.

I would like to play a mage-character. Do you have schools of magic in mind, or specializations for mages? You could have the elemental classes, or Schools like Divination, Transformation, etc. I would think that with the power of the stone, you are leaning more towards the elemental magics...
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:40 am

Crain_S, I'm basically open to anything you would like your character to be so long as he or she doesn't have epic-level powers. I have kind of primed things for more elemental magics, but if you have a different idea go ahead and put it in a character sheet when/if we get to an OOC and chances are I'll be cool with it.

So, we need at least one more person, if you two know of anyone looking for an RP, see if they're interested here. Wink
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 am

I love me some elemental magic. I have a Water mage named Locklyn who is kinda my go-to guy for RP's. I also have a Fire/Air mage i created more recently.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:55 pm

I'd like to put my name in the hat as well and say it's nice to see a fantasy idea that isn't restricted by a hundred different specifications of what is and what will. Sword and Sorcery? Absolutely.

Rea
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Okay, that's four, which is a great number in my opinion, so I'll go make us an out of character thread complete with character sheet forms.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow