FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

+4
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Fate Flyer
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity Empty [OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm

For thousands of years a great war has raged between two races of immortal beings. Time and time again heroes on both sides have both risen to power and been slain. This great war is the result of an age old blood feud between Vampires and Lycans, or Werewolves, as they are more commonly known.

Why such creatures would waste their immortality on a meaningless war that will never see an end is beyond the comprehension of any being other than the ones included. Throughout the years there have been those who would interfere in the affairs of these races, all of which had been quickly removed from the skirmish. That is, until now.

It is a dark time for the immortals. The humans, in their never ending attempts to keep the knowledge of these races a secret, have overstepped their boundaries and crossed a line never before crossed. New weapons have been developed, and the places the immortals have called home have been shut off from the rest of the world. It seems immortality isn't as long as one would think. The word 'Immortal' suddenly seems to have lost it's meaning.

All hope is not lost, however. Ancients of each race will not sit silently and watch as their brethren are slain. A call has been sent out, a call to war, and the sound of the drums will strike fear into all who stand against the ones who heed this call.

This is the story of two groups of unlikely heroes, once the fiercest of enemies, that must form an uneasy alliance to face a common threat. And By Night, They Walked...

Here's a list of characters that will be used in this RP.

Humans
* Bruce "Zeus" Nariah - Played by quakernuts
* Harry Turner - Played by quakernuts
* Nicholas "Nick" Callaghan - Played by Lyonesse

Lycans
* Accalia Fiore - Played by Fate Foretold
* Lillith Grey - Played by Kathryn Lacey
* Lucian Harth - Played by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
* Velganos "Vel" Vanora - Played by Fate Foretold
* Zaheer Isanti - Played by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth

Vampires
* Easton Frost - Played by Digital Muse
* Eli Callaghan - Played by Lyonesse
* Rhianna - Played by Silver Wolf
* Seth - Played by Xiantic

The in character thread is here.

Last edited by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity Empty Re: [OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:19 am

The lycans Velganos Venora and Accalia Fiore will be answering the call.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity Empty Re: [OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

Post by Digital Muse Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 am

Name: Easton Frost (she never gives her real name; Martine Adriana de la Castille)
Race/College: Vampire
Apparent Age: early 30s
Physical Description:
Spoiler:

Personality: Martine (called Easton in America) feels rather superior to regular humans. She feels chosen to be stronger, faster, more perceptive than they are. She’s grown strong in local Vampire politics, but has no desire to run the city as others do. She will, however, voice her opinion quite quickly if she feels the younger Vampires have overstepped their bounds. Their relationship is complex; there is a mutual respect because of her age and contacts. But most feel a certain rivalry and even a slight distrust in the political maneuverings within the human hierarchy. While a few in the know understand that there are such things as Vampires, Easton has been very careful not to reveal her own Vampiric nature.

Easton has become a broker in information. She has contacts all over the city in the Vampire World, the Human world and always keeps tabs on the Lycans. They have been the enemy since the dawn of time. She knows far more than she should and has her fingers on the pulse of the dark underside of the city. She feels it coming. Trouble.

Abilities; Super speed, enhanced senses, enhanced strength, meld with shadow. Studied Tai Chi Chuan and Aikido. Speaks over a dozen languages and can read people with ease. Master manipulator and negotiator. Savvy business woman and can play the seductress if need be.

Bio:
”I was born Martine Adrianna de la Castille, in what is now called Segovia Spain in 860. My family owned huge tracts of land and had been among the elite nobility for hundreds of years before that time. Before the Romans came. We had always felt a certain divine right to rule our land and the rule of the Romans did not change that.

I had been turned by a beast in my 30th year. She was unthinking, a killer. She took everything from me. My family. My children. She died horribly. I was forced away from my home because of the change. So I would not bring harm to those most dear to me. I travelled by night, killed sheep…god the taste…it made me vomit. But it gave me a small bit of sustenance. I kept moving always east it seemed, into the sun Why? I’ll never know…but finally I came to Alexandria. It was magical, learned, cosmopolitan…how I remember.” A slender hand opens a large hand bound book. It appears to be a journal or diary of remarkable age. She flips through the pages seemingly at random, pausing to read now and then.

The year of 1090 by the Roman Catholic calendar. Caliph al-Hakim has destroyed the church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. I fear this will ignite another war with the Christians. We cannot hide in times of human war. The humans invade the underground to hide or to make traps I pray we can get out before the invasion begins.

Easton tucks a dark tendril of hair behind her ear and turns several more heavily penned sheets of parchment.

Junio 1346. The humans are in panic. The great sickness has reached Milan and Rome. Florence will surely be next. Some of my family fear that if they feed from the Humans, they will contract the same disease. Many are going insane from the hunger. Three died just yesterday fleeing into the sun. Guiseppe, my love, why have you left me alone? Now. When I need your counsel most?

Another few pages on and she reads again,

July 1815. Word reaches us at Paris that the little Emperor has been defeated at Waterloo. It is a crippling blow. Our enemy, England will sure worry at our borders like a dog after a bone. Once again, the human war has spilled into our lives. We are forced underground. The Lycans take advantage of our need to hide and have come into the lime stone tunnels and charnel houses beneath Paris to hunt us for sport. But they hunt on our territory, they will pay dearly for their arrogance.

A half dozen pages more and old, yellowed photographs begin to grace the pages of the journal. Easton picks up one or two, peering at it with distant eyes before returning it to its place and reading on.

December 1899. I am hidden in a berth below decks on a steamer that stinks of fish and human waste. I will go to America. There is nothing left for me here. My entire family is gone. Once more. Why do I allow myself to think I might know love again? Why? The Lycans attacked us in our home on the east bank of the Seine. They rarely came into the city. Why had they sought us out? Had Emile hunted too far into their territory? He was always the arrogant one. Was it a punishment? How I hate them. God curse them all

August 1945. We heard today that a bomb of incomparable power was dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Newsreels only showed the devastation from the cloud tops. But those of us watching were stunned. How many had died? What had the Humans created? For the first time, I felt fear of the Humans and I wondered if the Lycans felt as we did?

”Too many memories to count. So many forgotten. Loves lost, battles won, happiness gained and lost. And yet, I endure. As I always have and always will. I have lived in almost every city of any size in America from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles and now here. I even took my name from a sign on the highway announcing an exit to the towns of Easton and Frost Minnesota. Not terribly original, perhaps. But nothing is original when you’re my age.

I have a few clubs, a restaurant or two and I feed when I want on patrons who dabble in BDSM. “ Easton looks out over the floor of the packed club on Lake Street through the two-way mirror in her office. Humans were so easily manipulated. They believed what they wanted to believe and lived for the fantasy. It worked so very nicely for her. “If they only knew.” She thought and sipped at her glass of wine.

Last edited by Digital Muse on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 am

Lucian Harth, and Zaheer Isanti

Basic Information
Name: Lucian Harth
Age: Actual age unknown, born in BC. Appears to be in his Mid 30's
Race: Half pure Lycan, born from a human mother and Lycan father.

Appearance
Lucian is tall and muscular. He stands about 6'4 and weighs 240 pounds. He has long brown hair with streaks of silver. His eyes are pure silver and almost haunting to look into. His face has handsome features and he's always sporting a stubbly beard. Several small scars can be seen on his body, a result of the vast amount of battles he's been in. The most noticeable of these scars are one that crosses through his left eye, and a large gash across his chest. Both are results of bouts with Vampires. His skin is deeply tanned.

Personality
Lucian can be described in one word, serious. His age and position give him a lot of responsibilities amongst his people. When around others, he always takes time to survey his surroundings, reading every individual as if they were plotting to kill him. He is very intelligent, especially in the ways of combat. He has very little patience when it comes to dealing with people, and doesn't tolerate much from anyone outside his own wolf pack. Quiet, and somewhat distant from even his own people, it's hard to tell what's going on inside his head. One thing is sure though, he would fight to the bitter end for the Lycan race. His hobbies include traveling, reading, and practicing his fighting techniques.

Abilities
Super human senses and physical attributes. Lucian can hear, see, and especially smell far greater than any human and most animals. He also possesses super speed and strength, even amongst his fellow Lycans. Lucian is extremely strong even by Lycan standards, as a result of his age and training. He's studied hundreds of forms of of Martial Arts, and is extremely lethal in close range combat. His age has made his skin hard like leather, and he is very resilient to silver. Lucian can change at will, and maintain complete control of his mentality in his transformed state.

History
Lucian was born a Lycan in Persia, or what is now known as Iran, in 854 B.C. He was the son of a powerful Lycan elder and a mortal Persian noble. Growing up, his lycanthropy was blamed on a demon. His mother was too scared to tell her noble parents she had loved a Lycan, so she had told them a demon came to her in the night. He had a hard childhood and never had any real friends. When he came of age, he joined the Persian army, and was one of the greatest soldiers of the Empire. Finally, he was accepted by his people because of his amazing abilities on the battlefield. His love of battle was unrivaled by his peers, and he quickly climbed the ranks until he was in charge of his own unit.

One night, during a full moon, he turned as he had always done. Normally, he was chained up and placed in an iron cell on the nights of full moons, but this night the man in charge of doing so didn't double check the locks on the cell door. Lucian broke free and slaughtered his men, waking up the next morning to a blood bath. He was immediately discharged from the army, and banished from Persia.

Lucian wandered the earth for years, cursing his demon father for doing this to him. However, as chance would have it, his 'demon father' had been looking for him. Lukus Harth had sent a group of aged Lycans to find his long lost son. Lucian put up a fair fight considering the situation, but was overpowered in the end. Lukus apologized to Lucian for what he had done, and explained the truth behind his birth. Immediately, Lukus began training his son in the ways of the Lycan.

Lucian stayed with his father for decades, learning all he could about his strange abilities. After learning all he could, Lukus told his son that he could become a soldier once more, in the war against their sworn enemies, the Vampires. Once again, Lucian was praised by his peers and climbed the ranks. All the while his skills became greater, and he learned to control himself even more.

When Lucian was away on a mission, Lukus was abused by four elder Vampires. Being one of the most powerful Lycans, it was no surprise he was high on the Vampire's hit list. Lukus was slain, and Lucian returned to find his father's lifeless body. Lucian swore to become the greatest warrior the Lycan army had ever seen, and make the Vampires pay for what they had done. He left his fellow Lycans, on a quest to learn all he could about being a great warrior. He learned about the thousands of forms of Martial Arts that the mortals had developed, and started to learn them one by one. With each form he learned he became faster, stronger, and more deadly.

During these travels, he came across a young Lycan who had suffered a similar fate that Lucian himself had. Zaheer had been casted out by his people, and was afraid of his own powers. Lucian took him in and taught him he ways of their people. The two became close friends, and together they waged war on Vampires wherever they went. All the time growing stronger and more deadly. The elders payed close attention to Lucian's progress, and decided to place him in charge of his own packs.

Lately, Lucian has become a key figure in the war against the Vampires. He is one of the most trusted and powerful pack leaders around. The elders rely on his pack to secure key battles for the Lycans, making Lucian feared by Vampires and praised by his fellow Lycans. Currently, Lucian's pack is disbanded and Lucian himself has taken up residence at a Buddhist temple somewhere in the mountains of Nepal.

Basic Information
Name: Zaheer Isanti
Race: Turned Lycan

Appearance
Zaheer is a giant of a man. He stands at a towering 7'6 and weighs 500 lbs. of pure muscle. He has ebony colored skin and wears his dyed crimson hair in long dreadlocks. His eyes are a fiery red in color. His body features several small scars, souvenirs from countless battles alongside Lucian. A large, black tribal tattoo can be seen on the upper part of his right arm, its meaning is unknown. His face is rugged, and like Lucian he always sports a beard of stubble.

Abilities
Zaheer's age has peaked his Lycan abilities a fair amount. He possesses super human senses such as sight, hearing, and smell far greater than that of any human. His biggest asset is his freakish strength and resilience. He is able to defeat most of his enemies simply by overpowering them with brute force. He is arguably the strongest Lycan in existence today. However, his size isn't without one major flaw. While Zaheer is much faster than any human, compared to other creatures of the night he is very slow. Like Lucian, he possesses the ability to transform at will and maintain control, though intense emotions would cause him to lose it.

Personality
Loyal, cocky, and egotistical are three words that easily sum up Zaheer's personality. Ever since being turned into a Lycan, and meeting Lucian, he has always been the right hand of his superior. Being the arguably the biggest Lycan in existence has inflated his head quite a bit. While it is true that his pure strength is unrivaled even by Lucian, his ego often causes him to fall into tricky situations. He's not the smartest man in the world, even he'll admit that, but he's definitely a man you'd want alongside you in a fight. His hobbies include mingling with mortals and drooling over women. It wouldn't be surprising if he's fathered a few bastard children in his time. You could say he's the 'humorous relief' of Lucian's wolf pack.

History
Zaheer was born a human of an African tribe of hunters. He spent his youth hunting wild game to support his small village with his six brothers. He was the fourth child birthed by his parents, and by far the largest of the bunch, and of the tribe for that matter. As he became older, he became larger. It was customary in his tribe to kill a male lion as a right of passage into manhood. He accomplished this task at the age of 14 with little trouble. Zaheer quickly became the best hunter in his tribe, and he was often called upon to defend the village against predators in the night.

It was during one such occurrence that an event took place, changing his life forever. Strange noises had been heard coming from a distance for many nights, and the elders of his tribe feared an attack. As the best warrior in the tribe, it was Zaheer's duty to hunt down this creature and kill it before it killed them. Zaheer grabbed his spear and club, making his way into the distant brush in the dead of night. The young man managed to severely injure the lone lycan and drive it far from the village, but the fight had left him a bloody mess. He spent several days in the care of the village shaman, who managed to heal his wounds but sensed that there was something strange about them. Visions had entered the shamans dreams, visions of a danger to the village. When Zaheer finally regained consciousness, he was not treated with praise as he expected. The elders of the village had decided keeping Zaheer in the tribe was dangerous, and with much regret banished Zaheer from the village.

Alone, confused, and feeling betrayed, Zaheer wandered the lands for days. The shamans vision had been true, and upon encountering a full moon Zaheer's body changed. He fed on the raw flesh of animals, and attacked a farming village. He awoke the next day in a pool of blood, the slaughtered bodies of innocent people lay scattered about him. He screamed, he cried, and he damned the gods themselves for what he had become, for what he had done. Zaheer buried their remains, and decided to reside in the village for the rest of his days.

As chance would have it, Lucian Harth was traveling through Africa on personal business. He came to the deserted village and was attacked by Zaheer. The fight was short, and Zaheer was completely outmatched by the older, more developed Lycan. Lucian spared Zaheer, and sensing what he was decided to take Zaheer under his wing in exchange for learning the hunting techniques of his people. Having nowhere else to turn, and growing tired of being alone in the world, Zaheer accepted without hesitation.

Lucian taught Zaheer the ways of their people. He learned that what he had was a gift that he could use for good, and that he was far from alone in the world. Zaheer's abilities increased with each passing day under the watchful eye of a young Lucian, and together they grew stronger. The pair stayed together for some time, and seemed nearly inseparable. They became best friends, and made a pact to watch after one another through the rest of their days.

Last edited by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:53 am

Name: Harry Turner

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Appearance:
[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity Haider

Bio: Harry Turner was always a man that got his way. Being born into a family of a politician in Washington DC, he was able to get nearly anything he wanted simply by whining to his father enough. His parents didn't want to see him get selfish, and started cutting off all these gifts as he got older. It had the opposite effect though, and made him incredibly resentful of them, and made him work even harder to get whatever it was that he wanted.

Even as a child, the mythological world of creatures fascinated him. He could often be seen alone reading through a book on such creatures, or practicing to draw them free hand. This was not to say Harry was a loner, oh by no means. He had the uncanny ability of speech. He was charismatic, and incredibly strong willed. He was able to make other kids do things for himself and make them think it was for them as well. He was a manipulator, a cheat, and a heartless bastard, but it didn't stop at that age.

As he got older, and went into high school he started joining debate teams, where he dominated the other children sometimes through sheer will. He did his homework, he read up on everything they were going to be arguing about, and he came in almost over-prepared is what one would say. He didn't join any sports, but signed up to a gym to keep himself in shape and away from the drama that often accompanied high school athletics. He kept in shape, his mind was his best ally, and his words were his weapons of choice.

As the years grew on, and Harry's dad started getting older and succumbing to cancer, Harry stepped up to take the reins from his father. Harry's first meeting and debate with the other politicians did not got as planned, and he ended up painting a bad picture on himself by the end of the day. He blamed it on lack of information and his father, rather than his wanton desire to be the best of anyone. Despite that first day, the other politicians elected him into the group through a vote that barely passed. This was only the first of many steps to his rise of power.

During his career, he finally made it high enough to be told of all the things happing beneath the surface of their fine cities. He was told of everything. The Lycans, the Vampires, and the massive cities that sprawled beneath all of them. Since Harry had been fascinated in these creatures since he was a kid, he also knew the immediate threat they posed, and immediately set a view in his mind that they were monsters and killers, and certainly not anything closely related to human. Through these views, he also saw another opportunity.

Throughout human history, the most advancement that has ever happened at any one time was in a time of war. War, dangerous and brutal, yet the best motivation to advance the human race. Seeing as Harry had classified the other two races as less than human, he saw it as the perfect grounds for just such thing. However, it couldn't be an open one. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, they were better than humans in almost every single way. So, he had to find a way to lower their numbers, sabotage their way of life, and discover new ways to kill them. In order to do that, he would need allies and soldiers.

For the past few years up to the present, Mr. Turner has gathered his fair share of racist diplomatic allies and ruthless soldiers, all while maintaining the illusion of being a caring diplomat. Behind the scenes, his soldiers have destroyed several smaller underground cities, ones that won't be sorely missed, and killed or captured numerous individuals from both races while his political allies cover up the events and give him intel on everything they can get their dirty hands on.

Harry's men have become slightly known underground by the Lycans and Vampires simply by the title of "Griffins". No one has a clue as to who their leader is, and since the attacks have been against Lycans and Vampires, and not against humans, very little effort is happening from the human side to really find out.

Harry is in this for one thing: The advancement of the human race, and in doing so, the advancement of himself. He is in this for himself in the long run. He will stop at nothing, and is not bound by petty laws or restrictions. He is off the grid, and below the radar as far as this activity is concerned, and he intends to keep that way until the perfect moment.

Personality: Mr. Turner is a selfish man with selfish desires hiding under the face of a warm hearted politician. His calm demeanour is present in all situations, and his anger is non-existent. He is a thinker and a mover at the same time. he exercises his will on others through speech alone. He is charismatic, smart, and in some situations, charming. Underneath it all is the true man though, and any who work for him, away from the public eye, know exactly who he is. He is ruthless, emotionless, and capable of doing horrible things in order to advance his goals. He cares nothing for anyone save himself and his ambitions, and he is not above letting those below him know that. Mr. Turner is evil masked with a thin sheet of good over top. He will not stop until his goal is complete or he is dead, whichever comes first.

Name: Bruce "Zeus" Nariah
Appearance:
[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity Nariah10
Recently seen in Pheonix, Arizona

Bio: Operative Nariah was always a man of violence. Even from a young age, he tended to bully other people to get his way, and earn a name from himself all the way through high school. He was born into a middle class family that ended up not being the best role model for the man. Both his parents were in the military, although his mother ended up getting an honourable discharge to look after her child. Even though she was always there to try and guide him, his very nature was attuned to violence through the very parents that were trying to guide him out of it.

Nariah never made it all the way through high school, dropping out in grade ten and enlisting in the military. From there, he rose in the ranks through sheer determination and brutality. Multiple CO's have commented on his ability to be calm and focused under fire, but also mentioned his temper several times against the enemy. He served faithfully for many years, but failed to achieve a rank higher than Master Sergeant. His ability to lead was remarkable, able to inspire his troops to action against the most impossible odds by simply not showing any fear what-so-ever

This all came to a crashing end as his infamous temper finally got the better of him. During a routine raid against an insurgent camp where they managed to capture several terrorists. These men would have proved invaluable in locating several strongholds in the middle east. From the reports given, it appears that the insurgents started yelling at him, and he attempted to shut them up with the butt of his rifle to their face, but they failed to get the hint. He promptly shot all of them in the knee caps, and then in the head. He was immediately subdued, and incarcerated to be tried back in America.

Before the trial could continue, he was contacted by another general, one that he had never heard of before. The man offered to help him in repayment for his services, or allow that man to be dishonourably discharged and try to find a new way of life. Since Nariah could not stand the thought of not being in the line of fire, he quickly agreed, and was transferred over to a facility near Washington D.C.

There he was told of the Lycans, and the Vampires. He was tasked with the severe duty of regulating the peace between the races, and if violence should ensue, than he was to take care of it with non-lethal force if possible. His superiors thought his fearlessness would work for them in the favour, but they seemed to forget his temper and nature for violence. He worked admirably for a few years, but after the many attempts made on his life by vampires and lycans alike, he seemed to crack. Soon, he was 'deeming' a lot of situations lethal to the health of him and his team, and his superiors were scared that further actions by Operative Nariah would incite a breakout of riot activity that they would no longer be able to contain.

So, after several failed attempts to coerce him to be more diplomatic in his enforcements, they sent a task group to bring him in for questioning, trial, and eventual dismissal. Before the task force could catch up to him though, a riot broke out right on top of all of them, and after the dust settled, several task force operatives were laying dead on the ground and Nariah was nowhere to be seen. After several days of trying to track the man, his trail finally went cold, and no one could seem to find him.

Listed as M.I.A in 2013.

Personality: From the desk of Dr. Stacy Neuman

Operative Nariah is one of those few soldiers where fear, literally, is an unknown term. He has no idea what the concept of such an emotion even comes from, or how people even feel it. Were it not for the fact that his temper can get the better of him, he would be a perfect front line leader. Under fire, he is calm, calculating, fearless, and above all, inspirational. His men look up to him as someone who is going to keep them alive, and he will do his best to do so. The men below him are, in his eyes, family. Those that would follow him to hell and back, and not hesitate for even a moment. If only these qualities carried on to outside of combat.

Outside of combat, he is quick-tempered, quick to judge, rude, crude, and sometimes selfish. His men still are number one in his heart and mind, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear he treats them a little rough once in awhile and calls it 'tough love'. I have taken Operative Nariah aside a couple of times, and am happy to report that these personality traits are slowly taking a backseat to his more important ones, but I doubt they will ever leave him personally.

In short, he is a fine leader, a fine soldier, and a less than acceptable person.

Alright, so this second person is the leader of my black ops team working within the Lycan and Vampire infrastructure. If anyone has a problem with me making him my secondary character, I will be happy to answer any questions.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:39 am

Rewrote and restructured my profiles a bit, but everything is still largely the same.

Name: Eli Callaghan
Species: Vampire
Height: 6'
General Appearance:
Spoiler:
Eli is usually very casual about his appearance, dressing for comfort and practicality above all else, usually in a mixture of jeans, t-shirts and a jacket. His hair is a dark blonde and is usually kept fairly short but rather unkempt, especially due to his habit of running his hands through it when stressed. Before he was turned, Eli kept in shape by running and a vegetarian diet, which gave him a lean but never particularly muscular build. He's almost never without some sort of camera and equipment, usually carrying a specially padded backpack with him wherever he goes.

Abilities: Having only been a vampire for two years, Eli's preternatural abilities aren't much to speak of. His strength and speed are above human levels, but pale when compared to older vampires and lycans. Especially given his lack of any real combat skills or training of any sort. However, Eli's powers have shown signs of developing his human talents for dissecting the emotions and desires of others into a preternatural sort of compulsion. It's not total hypnotism by a long shot, but many humans are easily guided or persuaded after catching Eli's eye and speaking with him. Beyond his vampire abilities, Eli has some advantages of being a modern man amongst an ancient race. He knows the languages and the technology, especially when the technology involves cameras, film, and computers. He's even proficient enough to know how to forge several different types of official documents and identification.

Bio: Eli was born nine minutes after his identical twin, Nicholas, making him the fourth child of an Episcopal minister a middle school history teacher. In such a large family, Eli was easily lost in the crowd, his quiet nature allowing him to slip through life without getting as much attention as most of his siblings. If not for Nick, Eli would have been very much a loner, but his twin brother worked hard to drag Eli into his schemes and childhood adventures, for which Eli was always quietly grateful. Still, he never felt like he really fit in with his practical, small-town family and always felt subtly stressed by it, which is why, after high school, Eli decided that the best thing for him to do was to get away from his family and figure out who he was on his own. In college he fell in love with film and photography, deciding to turn his passions into a career as a documentary filmmaker, despite his parents’ objections over the practicality of such things. After college, Eli traveled a lot, only returning home for a few holidays and major family events due to his parents’ continued disapproval of his life and career choices, although he always kept in close contact with Nick through letters, emails and phone calls. He worked on several different film projects, both alone and with others, and was beginning to build a solid reputation for himself within certain film circles. It was on one of his projects that he crossed paths with a vampire named Lucy, who he felt an instant connection with. Trying to get closer to Lucy, Eli soon discovered what she was, but instead of being repulsed or terrified, he was fascinated and the two quickly developed a deep romantic relationship. After three years together and with his blessing, Lucy turned Eli into a vampire so that they could remain together without Eli’s mortality hanging over their love. The two were as happy as any newlywed couple for about eight months, then the rising tensions between humans and vampires claimed Lucy’s life, leaving Eli alone, lost and unsure about where he fits into the world, or even how he feels about his new existence.

Personality: Growing up, Eli was the black sheep in a large All-American family. He was quiet and artistic, observing everything but rarely speaking up or acting out, traits which often made him the target of bullying, sometimes even within his own family. The one saving grace Eli had throughout childhood was his identical twin, Nick. Despite their obvious differences, the brothers were best friends and Nick served as Eli’s protector. In truth, Eli didn’t blossom until he left home for college. Away from his family, Eli discovered a talent and a passion for film and a way to turn his longstanding talent for observation into something greater as a filmmaker. He learned to connect to people better, make friends and unleash a level of curiosity that could easily kill a sabertooth tiger. It also gave Eli an outlet for his natural sense of compassion, using his films to try and expose wrongs and open minds and hearts. This empathy and his very recent transformation make Eli more open to working with and trusting lycans than most older vampires who have lived through the ancient conflict. Being so young and relatively isolated from most of vampire society, as well as having continuing (albeit indirect) contact with his human family, Eli still identifies more with humans than vampires and is truly struggling with what role his should take in the rising conflict between species.

Name: Nicholas "Nick" Callaghan
Height: 6'
General Appearance:
Spoiler:
Seeing as Nick and Eli are identical twins, their appearances are uncannily similar, despite the differences that their divergent lives have wrought. Generally though, Nick is better built than his brother due to years of intense physical training in the military and the physical requirements of working in the FBI. He also tends to keep his hair shorter, which can give it the appearance of being a bit darker than Eli's. He can also be distinguished from his brother by the tattoo of a Celtic cross on his right shoulder and a small, barely noticeable scar right above his left ear extending into his hairline. Nick's dress is usually defined by his work, making most of his closet full of black suits, even on his days off he tends to dress above the jeans and t-shirt level.

Abilities: Nick is in very good shape for a human being, due to the high demands of his job. He is also very good with firearms. He has some amateur experience and a few years training as a boxer, but mostly limits his punches to a bag in the gym these days. Beyond the physical, Nick is a trained FBI agent, which makes him an excellent investigator with a talent for reading people and uncovering their motives and secrets. He's trained and proficient with most modern technologies, especially those systems and programs used by the FBI. He can speak some Arabic and a little bit of Farsi.

Bio: Born just a few minutes before Eli, Nick’s childhood was the same, yet strikingly different from his twin’s. Outgoing and rebellious, Nick stood out amongst his siblings simply by causing more trouble than all the others combined. He often wrapped Eli up in his mischief, but it was always easy to see that Nick was the mastermind behind any trouble the two caused. Nick was always intelligent, but he never really applied himself academically, preferring to goof off, party and chase girls. As a result, he wound up with few options when it came to colleges, eventually opting for Arizona State University, where he continued to focus more on partying and chasing girls. Then his life changed when Jessica—an ex-girlfriend of Nick’s who had become a very close platonic friend—was drugged and raped at a party Nick was also attending. He blamed himself for being so drunk he didn’t look out for her, and he actively helped Jessica seek justice for the crime. However, after a brutal trial that ultimately let the perpetrator off with little more than a slap on the wrist, Jessica killed herself, further compounding Nick’s guilt and anger. Disillusioned with his former lifestyle and at a loss for what else to do, Nick drastically straightened out his life and brought his grades up to the point where he managed to graduate with honors. Even with a degree, Nick was still unsure of what to do with his life, so he joined the army and completed two tours of duty before being honorably discharged. Finally, Nick found his calling in the Federal Bureau of Investigation as a special agent. He is currently working in the Criminal Investigative Division of the FBI’s Phoenix field office. He keeps in fairly close contact with most of his family, if only due to proximity, and actively tries to keep in touch with Eli, although his twin’s physical and emotional distance is beginning to make him worried and just a bit suspicious.

Personality: Nick has always been very extroverted, friendly and popular, although it has always been mitigated by a fiery temper and a rebellious steak that often got him into trouble. Up into his late teens, Nick was interested in having a good time above all else. He was a flirt and a bit of a player, going through a lot of girlfriends, but surprisingly leaving very few with hard feelings after they broke up. He never cared much for his family’s strong religious ties, believing most of it was antiquated superstition. However, after having a ringside seat to the tragedies that destroyed one of his best friend’s life, Nick has matured a lot, putting his wilder impulses on the back burner in search of loftier ideals like justice and protecting those who need it. He has even learned to take some comfort in religion, often going to his own father’s church services, although he still rejects what he feels are “the superstitious” aspects of Christianity. Despite the changes he has consciously made and the discipline he learned during his years in the military and with the FBI, Nick still has some issues with anger, which lead him to get too emotionally attached to some of his cases.

*Note: Nick is not currently aware of vampires and werewolves.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am

Profile will come up later,but having read that intro... "And By Night, They Walked" seems much more fitting given it's the big bad monsters fighting humans. And much more threatening
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Like Xi's, my profile for Lillith will come a little later. I want to finish reading the old thread, and I still need to update her sheet for this game. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm fixing Lucian's profile, again. I actually thought of a great history for him at work today.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Okay, so I finished reading the entirety of the old game, and Rhianna blew up Primal United ((both the main building above ground and the intricate city below)) in Phoenix, Arizona. Obviously, for this new game, we can have it be somewhere else or something, but I just thought I'd let you guys know.

I've been busy for the last few days, so it's taking longer than expected to get my profile done. Sorry about that. =\

{EDIT}
Lillith Grey is answering the call!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 pm

They blew up the main building and underground city? Wow, that really puts a damper on things. Anyone have any suggestions on how to change things? Personally, I think we could just overlook that detail and go on with the original plan, so long as no one is really concerned with the finer details.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Well, I read the entire game, and it was one of the last three posts, and Fate's last post mentioned it.

However, I'm completely fine with overlooking it. It was over two years ago, and it was on another role playing site altogether, so that minor detail isn't a huge deal. I mean, I changed some minor things about Lillith from the past game, so if we want to change a major detail, who cares?

I mean... it's a new year, a new game, with new players ((along with the old)). We only need to keep the basis, and if it's inconvenient for Rhianna to have bombed Primal United, just say she bombed another Lycan-filled city. I mean, even her original player didn't remember that she'd bombed Primal United, so how big a deal can it be?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Lu lu beat me until I posted on here...sooo... This will probably not stay exactly the same. I'm exhausted from work, especially since I've been working 9 hour shifts the last few days(6 in a row). I hope Xi doesn't mind the remarks I might have made to Seth in the profile. If theres any issues Xi, just let me know and either I'll remove it, or we'll work out what you'd rather it said.

Basic Information
Name: Rhianna
Age: 510 (though she still looks as she did when changed at 19)
Race: Vampire(once a human)

Appearance: Her hair is pale blond that almost seems white, the color of star shine some say. It is long, hanging down to her mid back, though sometimes tied in a ponytail or braid if she knows shes going to be fighting, otherwise its left down. Her eyes are the color of pale violet with an almost silvery tint as though darkness washed the color of her once dark violet eyes before the change. Her skin had always been somewhat pale but now shes a beauty of pale and smooth skin. Her outfits are still mainly soft leather, mixed with more regular style clothing though similar to her Sire, she has never been the type to want high fashion, though her clothing is usually in better repair than his.

Personality: Rhianna is rather calm and level headed when it comes to her tasks, those often set for her by her Sire. She works hard to prove her skill, and prove to him that she has learned and remembered any and everything he has taught her. The only time her mood changes is to lure prey, that she may flirt more to gain their attention, or if someone were to go against her Sire. She is protective of him, even if he doesn't need her protection. The fact is, Rhianna doesn't want to end up alone, having grown up with family always there. Though shes not sorry that history wasn't different and that she had died all those years ago, the thought of being without Seth scares her. Just the same, she doesn't want him to abandon her, so just as she protects him, she stays close and follows his word. Though one thing that has never changed is her nature to follow him right along to a bloodbath, and happily do her part.

History: Rhianna grew up in Europe, though by this time, it would have been 510 years ago, so everything was far changed from what she grew up with. She was one getting nowhere in her life, nearly reaching the point where her father was considering setting up an arranged marriage with a richer(and possibly older) man just to get her on with her life. That never happened when she met Seth. He was the mysterious type who her father would never approve of. He was a perfect escape from her life when she met him. Something she couldn't quite piece together happened and when she had awoken next, there had been something clearly different. She looked a bit different, her senses were sharpened. As he told her, she was a vampire now, like him.

At first she'd somewhat hated her sire for changing her. But who could hold a grudge for so long? She didn't want to die and she was safer with him since nearly none seemed to oppose the powerful vampire, Seth who was her sire. The hate had shifted to a near adoration, staying as close to him as possible. She is an avid student, always willing to learn. And since the bombing she caused, to which she is proud of herself for managing to pull it off, and not get caught or wounded in the process, she has traveled wherever Seth goes or where he sends her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Xiantic wrote:Hahaha, yes. It wasn't phoenix, but it was primarily a lycan city. Seth got a hit and executed it. Through Rhianna.

This is to go with what Kathryn was saying. Technically Xi and I never planned for it to be Primal United, but simply probably a major city or something. But when I glanced back at the rp, I do see Fate posted it as being Primal. Problem was, Rhi passed through an old warehouse to even get to the underground city. So by our terms, it wouldn't be Primal United. Maybe it could end up that it was just confusion? Like, the report said a major city and everyone automatically assumed Primal United. [/color]

Last edited by Silver Wolf on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:24 am

I have no issues with the mentionings of Seth (are you questioning my fashion?! I'll let you know.. oh wait. Yeah, I have a terrible fashion sense. Continue) I'm far more laid back than I used to be, and what was said was pretty accurate, and vague.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm

I finally got the chance to read through the character sheets! Sorry I couldn’t get around to it earlier.

Fate, did you change your characters’ ages? In the last game, Accalia was at least a century old, but in their profiles, it sounds like they’re much younger. For instance, you mentioned marshmallow’s in Velganos’ profile, but an extrusion process for marshmallows as they are now which made them more quickly made and thus more widely produced wasn’t invented until 1948. Plus, to me at least, the whole profile of Velganos has a more modern feel to it ((like within the last fifty years)).

It also sounds as if Velganos wasn’t aa part of the old pack like Accalia seems to be, when in the old game, he was a member before she was. Also, she was a rogue vampire slayer in her time before coming to the pack in the old game, but not according to her new profile.

I swear, I’m not trying to get nit-picky. I have no qualms with changing things from the old game to better suit how you would prefer to portray them now. I’m just trying to keep all of the details straight, so when we start the game, we’ll all be on the same page.

Lucian, I was reading through Zaheer’s profile, and if his skin is as dark as you say, that tribal tattoo would be really difficult to spot. One would only be able to see it if they were studying him closely. The darker a person’s skin, the more difficult it is for a tattoo to be seen or even for a tattoo to remain in good condition. Just thought you should know in case you ever wanted to describe it in game or something.

Silver Wolf, well, I’m pretty sure that even if it was Primal United, there would be several entrances into the underground. Otherwise, it would look too sketchy to have a bunch of Lycans and vampires from all walks of life constantly going into the main building to get there because Primal had a cover business to ensure its government “help” for those species wasn’t known to the general public.

Anyway, I’d rather it was a different city altogether, maybe even a different state, because it just works better for this updated version of the game.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 am

So.....what's the deal? Are we starting?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:23 pm

I believe we're waiting for Xi's character sheet before we can begin.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Name: Seth (He does not use a last name, abandoning it as he did his life)

History: He was the illegitimate half-brother to Ancient Egypt's third pharoah. Because of this, he was a threat, and was to be killed. However, he was no fool, and had run before they went to kill him. In his running, however, he fell into the tomb of an unmarked mass murderer, who so happened to be a vampire. He was turned, but through sheer force of will, soon afterwards killed his turner, but not out of hatred for the deed he had done. He did not fully understand what exactly had happened and how little vampires generally cared for the politics of humans, so in order to protect the secret that he was not truly dead, he thought it best to destroy the only one who knew the truth. This newfound life suited him, and he made his way away from Ancient Egypt, surviving by feeding off tribes in southern Africa for a couple hundred years. He returned then to Egpyt, becoming a pharoah like he felt he should have been, but found it boring, and difficult to avoid sunlight. By the end of his 'reign' he'd grown to be able to stand sunlight to a degree, but he always burnt from it, rather badly, so deeply preffered to avoid it.

Since then, he has been many things, but in a position of power was never again one of them. Having learned from his life, and his reign as pharoah, with power came lack of safety, especially as a vampire. He had a new goal now, and that was to eliminate all threats to himself. At this time, he'd never run across lycans, or anything supernatural except other vampires. Now, being a few hundred years old, he paid no mind to fledglings, many of them got themselves killed anyways, by humans, generally, but anyone near his age was a threat, as at that point, vampires were hardly organized or friendly. He killed almost every one he came across, eliminating most of the other 'elders'. He was far from the only one doing this, and thus is the cause most vampires are over a millinia old.

However, these killings of other vampires lessened after the coming of the Christ, as suddenly their powers over the humans was far less vulnerable. He had stopped, simply because he'd become bored. But killing had become his specialty, his art. He couldn't simply stop killing, so he became a contractor. He killed anything.. humans, vampires, demi-demons, and the newly discovered lycans. Or, at least newly discovered for him. He had wound up moving out of africa entirely, and in europe he'd heard rumors of them. But, he hadn't met one yet. It was also in Europe he changed his first human, and, so far, only. He figured he was strong enough to not need to worry about them turning on him like he had his turner, and in fact, they never dreamed of it. The woman he'd turned wound up all but worshipping him, and they traveled the world together. That was nearly five hundred years ago, so now, even she was considered old, but not an ancient like him and other of his 'acquaintances', whom he respected.

Appearance:
He usually wears average clothing of the day, slightly above rags. He's never been much for fashion, so if it works and is comfortable, it's worn. Also, being less extravegant makes him seem more human. He's about six foot three inches, with dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He is slim, but more toned than his clothing would make you think. Makes use of all sorts of weapons, even the most modern if occassion calls for it.

Personality:
Seth has never shown fear. It was a weakness, and invited a challenge. Everyone who knew him had never seen him take a challenge with anything but confidence. Then again, few enough knew him except for Rhianna and a spare few others, namely Lucian. His bloodthirsty ways reached the ears of many who knew not even his name, and his lack of caring for life on a whole scale was also known. He was a being best left alone unless you had something for him to do, and the means to pay him for it. But lately, something has been upseting him and not even Rhianna knows what.

I hope that's adequate. I edited it a little from the first, but it's essentially the same because I feel a decade or so wouldn't change a few thousand year old immortal too much.

Kathryn: The amusing part being I was getting it up right as you said this. I feel bad, though, that you waited for me. I could have caught up so long as it wasn't too many posts.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Xi, you don't need to feel bad. :: hugs :: I'm pretty sure we're going to need Lucian to start the IC thread anyway since he seems to have the clearest idea of what's going on in this game. I'm not saying our ideas are unclear. It just seems fitting that the one who called us all together again would be the one who starts the fireworks, so to speak. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Sorry I haven't replied yet. I completely forgot.

I don't mind overlooking Primal United's headquarters being blown up in the original RP for the purposes of this one.

Thanks for noticing those things, Kathryn!

I didn't set an actual age on my characters, but I did want them to be more modern than they both originally were. I think Velganos and Accalia were both born in the 20's or something like that originally. If this role-play takes place in current day, then I think I'd like them to both have been born around 1940 or so.

In this RP, Vel was still a member of the pack before Accalia was. I completely forgot that I made Accalia a rogue vampire slayer at one point. I like the sound of that, so I edited her profile to include that in the last 2 paragraphs.

I have gotten through most of the profiles and will finish reading the rest when I get back, but for now I have to run.

EDIT: Done reading through all the profiles, and really loving them! Very Happy It makes me want to spice mine up some more with more details.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey everyone sorry about being gone my internet was shut off and I just got it turned back on. I still need to polish my own profile and read over everyone's but I'll probably get all that done within the next couple of days. Won't be too much longer and we can finally get things under way.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Good to have you back, Lucian
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm glad you didn't just bail on us, Lucian. I look forward to the potential beginning of this game. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Alright everyone I'm finally finished. Sorry it took so long, Lucian has a girlfriend now so yeah...

Anywho, as soon as everyone posts that they're ready to begin I'll make the first post. Oh and Fate, I was wondering if you wanted to come up with a poem or something like that to kick the RP off, since it was your idea originally. I thought it would be neat to kick things off with a little poem.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Ready!
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm fired up and ready.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm ready. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Ready to go when you need me. Just poke me on MSN Lu.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Ready

Edit: Ok, so I got to thinking just what ways Turner could torture, maim, hurt, and otherwise destroy the Lycan/Vampire races, and my head turned towards toxins. More specifically, toxins bio-engineered to be harmless (Even beneficial) to humans, and completely lethal to both Vampires and Lycans alike. Each race would have a seperate toxin, and be injected to them through different means. (Inject it into a human, nothing happens. Vampire sucks blood from toxified human, Vampire dies from poison blood, etc. etc.)

To make this clear, this is not going to be available right off the bat. This is more of an ace up the sleeve sort of thing for Mr. Turner and the Primal United.

So, thoughts, complaints, beatings?

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:44 am

Ready you filthy mutt! Very Happy
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next