FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets

+4
Mezrin
Tamwyn
Fluff
Fate Flyer
8 posters

Go down

Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets Empty Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:03 pm

For everything that is not Earthly, and therefore alien, let it be discussed and debated here!

Let me start out by saying that I am a firm believer that there is life on other planets outside of our own. To state that there is absolutely no chance for any type of outside life, even in our own galaxy, is just a case of ignorance, if I may be blunt. The universe itself is forever expanding to infinity. It's constantly growing, and new galaxies (some even formed by the collision of two or more galaxies, as I recently learned in Astronomy), along with stars, planets, and suns are constantly being formed. The universe is larger than any human can possibly try to comprehend. The way I see it, we are just one speck in the universe filled with unimaginable amount of life. It's like if we were in the ocean, living as a single-celled organism on a plant. We would be just one tiny portion of the life that exists in the ocean.

I've read so many things online from countless websites talking about aliens. Many of them, even to me, sound far more like science fiction than reality, but the biggest mindblower of it all is just trying to wrap your head around the things you read to try and imagine if it WAS real.

I'm a fan of the TV show UFO Hunters. I also am a believer of deep underground military bases (or D.U.M.B.s), and I was so excited to see one of my favorites, Dulce, being discussed and traversed on UFO Hunters. It's an excellent episode, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRLWJPiQzqI It even explains the technology we have and use in order to create these underground tunnels. It will surely surprise you. Also on the subject of these deep underground military bases, here is a video on YouTube that has been receiving a lot of attention on them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDAE_9v4h0 The Dulce base even has its own Wikipedia page. (Very freaky stuff!)

Now, what I'm about to share is something that I am seriously inclined to believe, and when I say that, I mean that I was believing this before I saw this come on TV one day. Both onenitedrive and myself had theories on this, but when it suddenly was on TV one day, we were both startled and surprised to see that we were not the only ones entertaining the idea of such things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdMk_zpo20&feature=PlayList&p=B90B50CD1E7F3D49&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13

I'm certainly not one of those people inclined to believe anything and everything surrounding aliens, nor is onenitedrive, as I believe we have both, on many occasions, formed our own opinions and theories and dismissed other ones. I am, however, very open-minded on the subject, and I find is extremely fascinating, if not my most favorite subject to explore.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets Empty Re: Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets

Post by Fluff Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:17 pm

This one time, my dog made a mess on the carpet, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't anything meant to be placed on this earth. It had a face and everything.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets Empty Re: Aliens, UFOs/USOs, and Life On Other Planets

Post by Tamwyn Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:36 pm

I believe in aliens, if not highly advanced ones, though that would be cool. Even if our circumstance is a 1/20198540239524587-902860-28734-5623 chance, the universe is infinite....
Tamwyn
Tamwyn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mezrin Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:25 pm

I think they're real. Saying there isn't is saying that there is no planet in the UNIVERSE that has living conditions similar to those of Earth. Even if they were worse, the life that was there would evolve and adapt to become perfectly suited to their planet as we have become to Earth. They're out there, yeah, and saying they're not is ignorant.
Mezrin
Mezrin
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://manticoreproductions.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:44 pm

I believe in the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. The universe may not be infinite like we think, but it is way too big not to harbor some other life form. Like it was earlier said, just because there is no planet exactly like Earth of which we are aware, doesn't mean that other forms of life couldn't adapt to their own planet.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 pm

I won't weigh in on one side or another, because I don't honestly feel that there is enough evidence in either direction. Though, you know I can't keep out of a debate, so here comes the Devil 's Advocate. (When y'all started throwing the dreaded "I" word around, I thought that the other side needed representation. - there are a number of very UN-Ignorant people who believe that alien life is at best unlikely.)

The space in the universe MAY be infinite, but the energy in the universe is not. So regardless of the amount of sheer SPACE to work with, there is a scientific limit to what can be done with it. (This is, of course thown out if a wild card such as a diety/dieties living outside of the confines of space is taken as a possibility, but that is an entirely different conversation.) If the First Law of Thermodynamics is correct and energy cannot be created or destroyed, then all life forms in this (possibly) infinite universe are competing for a finite amount of energy. This, of course doesn't rule out the possibility of alien life, but taking infinity out of the equation may be enough to bring us back to the realm of statistics.

Okay, with the danger of this post lasting so long that no one will read it, I will quit for now. Ninja Disappear
}Steps shyly from the podium{
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Don't say "y'all." It implies I used the word "ignorant" when I in fact, left it out for the very purpose you mentioned.

Just because energy cannot be created or destroyed doesn't mean that there isn't enough of it to support a great deal of life on other planet. I honestly don't know if I really believe the universe is infinite, but I do believe it's big enough to be beyond our realm of studies ((for now)). There could be almost as much energy as there is universe, so it's not so impossible to believe there's enough to support a lot more life than just one planet's-worth.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:26 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Don't say "y'all." It implies I used the word "ignorant" when I in fact, left it out for the very purpose you mentioned.

Just because energy cannot be created or destroyed doesn't mean that there isn't enough of it to support a great deal of life on other planet. I honestly don't know if I really believe the universe is infinite, but I do believe it's big enough to be beyond our realm of studies ((for now)). There could be almost as much energy as there is universe, so it's not so impossible to believe there's enough to support a lot more life than just one planet's-worth.

Nah, I was using Y'all in the sense of addressing specifically 'Those who used the 'I' word', otherwise I would have used 'All Y'all', which, my cousins from Tennessee insist is a completely different thing. Very Happy

And on your point, I completely agree with you, but I was trying to bring the conversation back to earth (so to speak.) In fact, that is my point - The limited energy argument is no more proof of the LACK of alien life than the infinite amount of space is proof that there IS alien life. Both of these things are just pieces of evidence that can be plugged into help find the odds that there is something out there...
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:13 am

No, the universe isn't infinite. It is just larger than our instruments allow us to see and is ever expanding. Other galaxies are moving away from us at a ridiculously fast speed, implying that at one point (in the beginning of the universe), the universe was very condensed, and now is growing and expanding.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:41 pm

See, I can believe that the universe is growing. There's no reason why it shouldn't be able to grow. Then again, the universe could have started out as big as it is, and the things within it are just moving to fill that space. It's like when all the continents of Earth were just one big continent and the plates moved to form several.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:30 pm

The Big Bang is a cosmological model of the initial conditions and subsequent development of the universe. It is supported by the most comprehensive and accurate explanations from current scientific evidence and observation. As used by cosmologists, the term Big Bang generally refers to the idea that the universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past, and continues to expand to this day.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 pm

The thing about a theory is that it hasn't been proven. It could be what truly happened, or it could just be another in a long list of ideas of what actually happened. The ideas and beliefs that have so far been voiced could be waaaay off the mark for all we actually know.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:40 am

I personally think it's very human to think we're all alone for the sheer value of egocentric thoughts. =P

I do think there is life beyond this planet. Be that intelligent or not.
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:57 am

In that quote, Fate, their use of the term "universe" could simply mean our known universe, the matter that we can see and measure in the form of galaxies and theorized Dark Matter, rather than the actual confining space of the universe itself. I don't see how that area could change at all. It is also rather baffling to me to imagine what the borders of space might look like... Does it look like anything at all? What do you see when you reach the outer limits of the universe? Is it like the old theories of the edges of the Earth, where you fall off into an infinite waterfall of...nothingness? Or perhaps the west side of the universe suddenly converges with the east in a never ending circle? This is one of the main inspirations for the novels I hope to someday write. It is simply too hard for me to fathom that space extends infinitely. It has to end somewhere....

But back to the topic of alien life. With everything that is out there, millions of galaxies, each with hundreds of millions, even billions, of stars, it is not logical to assume that our star is the only star to have formed a planet hospitable to life. And that is just to life as we know it. Life does not have to depend on the same elements that we humans do. We only look for that because that is the only form of life that we know. Who can say that the lower atmosphere of Jupiter or Saturn doesn't hold some strange, floating alien life form?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:15 am

I don't picture the universe being flat and just ending. I think it would make more sense if, like Earth, it simply was round and that one and eventually met up with the other end.

That's exactly the point that I think most people overlook, Silvone: "Life does not have to depend on the same elements that we humans do."
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:I don't picture the universe being flat and just ending. I think it would make more sense if, like Earth, it simply was round and that one and eventually met up with the other end.

That's exactly the point that I think most people overlook, Silvone: "Life does not have to depend on the same elements that we humans do."

Silvone Elestahr :
"It is simply too hard for me to fathom that space extends infinitely. It has to end somewhere....."

Have any of you ever thought that maybe we aren't ready or capable of realizing how big Space really is? Now, I am the first to flame anti-progressists in various religions or political parties and such. However, you have to recognize the fact of the age of the human species and our blissful ignorance.

For all we know, we could be the most advanced species in the universe. There is probably a reason why there have not been any actually, official visits by aliens: they aren't space-faring yet.

In fact, there could be thousands of thousands of alien species among many planets that just cannot contact or simply do not know about us. Imagine a vessel like Voyager 1 crash landing in the middle of ancient Rome, how do you think we would react? it is probably happening somewhere else. Then again, maybe ther are other civilisations at the same stage of development as us.

Many, many theories, no answers. Perhaps we aren't supposed to know the answer....
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down