FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fairy and the Elf

2 posters

Go down

The Fairy and the Elf Empty The Fairy and the Elf

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:07 am

The Fairy and the Elf

Prologue

0:01

Behind a veil of mystery and enchantment, there lies a vast and wondrous kingdom: the realm of fairies, isolated from the rest of the world but for a single, hidden entrance.

Amid wide, sunlit fields, lush forests, and all manner of dwellings, the fairies live in peace, raise up children, protect their lands from indigenous dangers, and work wonders of magic and enchantment. Overseen by the royal house, the kingdom has more or less remained at peace and in harmony for many centuries.

Because there are still those who remain... who remember... who suffer none to touch the Door.

0:35

Long ago, the gateway beneath the Great Prism Falls was an open portal between the fairy kingdom and elvenlands. Folk traveled forth and back again since time out of memory, and without fear.

But a war broke out between fairies and elves. With no end to the fighting, both sides were long past weary of bloodshed, yet their quarrels remained. So they bound themselves to a pact, that never again should their two kinds meet.

The fairies retreated to their kingdom and weaved a great spell about the entrance, that madness and misery might follow any who ventured near. The elves dammed the Prism Spring and stopped the falls, that the gate might never again be opened.

So 'twas done, and peace, if not harmony, returned.

1:12

None are alive in the fairy kingdom who remember why the war started. Record and legend and myth have been intertwined in elvenlands, fact buried beneath the weight of folklore. All that is certain is that the war started, the war ended, and the fairy kingdom was lost. By the time the fairies' great spell wore away, the whispered Door of the Fae was only a distant and haunting memory.

The elvenlands forgot magic, for the fairies were gone. Even their language had forgotten them, for now all things untoward or unexplained were called faerie and fayrsome and fey. A faerie path, a fayrsome wind, a fey mood. And yet the image of fairies could not be wholly lost. For elves undying remember ever, even faintly, all that ever they have seen. They live now in elven art and song, as the angels of beauty, as the winged guides of children, as the graceful keepers of dreams.

But all is not well in elvenlands. Orcs and goblins live beyond the elven woods, in cold, hard mountains and shamble forts. Always they desire the pleasant lands of elves; ever are they wont to pillage and cause what mischief they may.

It is the fifth century since the war. Orcs and goblins have been streaming in droves toward a forgotten and fayrsome corner of elvenlands. The elves lost many scouts and hunting parties before this information became known. Confused and concerned, a full mobilization of elven forces is underway.

In the meantime, the high prince of elvenlands is charged to take a company and investigate the fiends, discover their designs, and delay them if he can.

2:44

Disaster visits the fairy kingdom as the orcs and goblins burst through the Door of the Great Prism Falls. With the advantage of surprise, the horde wreaks havoc upon the pristine fairy realm.

The fairies are far from defenseless, but this new war brings terror unimagined, and many are affected almost unto death in fright.

A dark doom lies upon the fairy kingdom.
Can hope survive?
Is there a light to follow this darkness?

3:09

The princess of the fairy kingdom has not abandoned hope. Even now she does her part wherever she can do it best. There is such a spark of life in her that she refuses to bow to the night.

Unbeknownst to her, the elven prince is about to answer her hopes.
If he can himself survive.

One princess.
One prince.
One destiny.

Will it be enough?

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

The Fairy and the Elf Empty Re: The Fairy and the Elf

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:25 am

The wind whistled through the tall grass of the green fields briskly, caressing the glistening blades and chilling the beads of early morning dew.
Aqua green eyes stared up at the dark sky, thinking how it looked as parchment with an entire pot of black ink spilled across the crinkled page. No stars sparkled tonight. No moon shimmered. A shadow of dread fell across the fields that usually brought so much calm and comfort.

Silvery blonde hair caressed milky arms as she sat up, glancing about as if she would suddenly spot the source of the ominous and mysterious dread that haunted her soul. She saw nothing but night time shadows. Heard nothing but silence and the chirping of crickets.
Celebrinel shook her head and chastised herself for being so ridiculous. The great prism falls sealed away any threats to the fairy world, there was no danger here. Her father was right, she was jumping at mere shadows lately. She needed to get a grip.

With a sigh, Celebrinel picked herself up off the ground and dusted off her spring green dress. She gave her wings a gentle flutter to get rid of any grass that may have clung to them.
“You are losing your mind, Celebrinel” She murmured to herself as she began to her trek back to the city, refusing to take her eyes from the trail “Pay no heed to dancing shadows, they are mere shadows”
She wished she knew why she was receiving these ominous feelings. She felt as though something was not right, like something was out of place in her world. Something crucial.

“You are wrong about that, princess. We are no mere shadows. You‘re screams are going to be such music”

The scratchy course voice sent of jolt of alarm through her system as she spun around the face the voice’s owner. Her eyes widened in horrified panic. Her mind was frozen with fear and confusion.
An orc. A very huge orc at that.
Celebrinel took a step back in precaution, trying to remain calm “H-how? Wh-why?”
The orc only gave her a twisted smile of gnashing jagged teeth and lunged for her, she only managed a scream of sheer terror before instinct told her to give a great push upwards with her powerful wings.
She could fly back to the city, but then she would lead this monster and possibly more of him back to her people, endangering them all. Perhaps she could get him good and lost before she went back to warn her father and the other fairies.

Celebrinel barely managed to fly twenty feet before ropes shot up into the sky to grip her wrists and ankles, she looked down to see more than just the one orc, but at least ten of them. Obviously they had been hiding among the trees.
She struggled and screamed with tears streaming down her creamy cheeks as they dragged her further down and down despite how hard she flapped her wings to try and pull the ropes away. They were just too strong.
With one good yank from all of them together, Celebrinel plummeted down and hit the ground hard before they all rushed in and bound her wrists together. Her ankles followed soon after. A strip of cloth was used to cover her mouth and muffle her screams for help.

Tears streamed down her face as she could hear over the wind many screams. The city had been attacked. These orcs had most likely noticed the king’s child missing and went to seek her.
She refused to die like this. At the hands of filthy monsters lacking heart and compassion.
Celebrinel drew her bound legs back and used both legs to kick at the orc standing over her, she managed to knock off his balance and send him sprawling onto his butt. What she planned to go after assaulting the orc, she hadn’t quite anticipated.
“Bitch!” The orc snarled, drawing back a fist.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 am

Prince Lanthir leapt off his horse, dodging past the orcs advancing on him. The sound of his company's hoofbeats had caused them to hesitate and stop their attack on the winged maiden. His men knew the plan: take care of the orcs while Lanthir swept the maid away to safety.

It was a good plan, in theory. As it was, Lanthir was forced to draw the slender, curved blade at his shoulder. He slashed first one orc's right shoulder, then another's left hamstring, as he weaved in between the brutes. The elf's night vision served him well, and he broke through the orcs' hastily built line.

The maiden, tied hand and foot, was scrunched up against the trunk of a tree. Her eyes looked up at him as he bent to lift her from the ground. "I'll take you to safety." Lanthir looked back; his men were already giving the orcs more than they could handle. The prince picked up the maid and dashed into the woods. His dappled gray stallion followed him without direction, and as soon as they were a safe distance, Lanthir placed the maid up in front of his saddle before climbing into it himself.

The gray steed bore them swiftly through the trees. Lanthir did his best to steady the maiden as they rode, though he wasn't quite sure how to position himself between her wings. They were warm and soft, he could feel, as one of them brushed his skin while he held the reins. She was like something out of a dream. This whole place was like something out of a dream.

Lanthir rode on, looking for an obvious landmark where his company could find him. Before long they happened upon a willowy pond. Lanthir dismounted and brought the maiden down beside him, and the horse, again without direction, waded in to drink.

Though the black sky was ominous to Lanthir, somehow nothing could really feel wrong in this dream-like place. Everything about it was calm, like a paradise.

"Now, my lady, let me free you of those bonds." Lanthir produced a curved knife and carefully maneuvered it behind the ropes, cutting them loose. He untied the strip of cloth around her mouth. All at once he was awed by her beauty, even shrouded as it was by the dark. "Are you all right?"
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Celebrinel thought for certain she was as good as dead as soon as the orc pulled his arm back to hit her, that was until the strike never came and she felt her body being lifted up onto a horse. The presence of the elf holding her so protectively against his body surrounded her with masculine strength.
His strong arms wrapped around her waist, his body enveloping her protectively and his spicy male scent filling her senses. Celebrinel had never before experienced these strange flutters in her stomach, though she had not much to compare this elf to. Not many males of her own race even dared to embrace her this way, no matter how innocently.

The pond they approached now was one she knew well, she often came to swim here, the willow trees provided good cover from prying eyes.
He slid off his horse and then gently scooped her off as well, she let out a breath of relief when he set her down gently upon the soft grass and volunteered to remove her bindings.
A grateful smile met her lips, reaching all the way to her tear soaked eyes “You saved my life, Sir elf! Thank you! Thank you so much! I am Celebrinel, princess of the fairies. I am forever in debt to you”

She was not certain how this elf got here or how he knew she needed rescuing, but he was there when she needed help and that was all that truly mattered. It meant so much to her that he would rescue her, given what the relationship had always been between elves and fairies. He could have let her die and then defeated the orcs, but he chose to save her.
“My people” Celebrinel inquired “Do you have any news of their fate? Are they alright? Have they defeated the other orcs?”
Celebrinel suspected her mouth was running away with her again, but she could not help it in this current situation. She feared for the lives of everyone she loved.

She looked up as moonlight began to cut through the creepy dark clouds, shedding some light to pierce the ominous darkness that had befallen the fairy kingdom like a possessive shadow. Her aqua green eyes returned to the elf and a bright heat bloomed in her cheeks, she suspected he would be handsome, however when the moons light draped across his features… She felt as though she had swallowed her tongue.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:06 pm

"I fear I bear no news. In truth, my lady, I am more than a little lost. I know nothing of what you speak, save that we came hither because of the orcs. They marched through a waterfall, we thought perhaps into some system of caves. We had to wait for a long gap in their procession, for more indeed are on the way, orcs and goblins from the mountains beyond elvenlands. Once we entered this place, the orcs were long gone, so we set out to find them, and lo here you are. Now I am glad of our haste.

"You are a fairy, then? Is that what you creatures are called?" The dark-haired prince tasted the word. "Fairyland..." It sounded strangely familiar, again as if brought to life out of a dream. "Is that where we are? There is something fayrsome about all this. I feel as if I am in a drea..."

Just then, the moon came out, illuminating the figure of the fairy princess with silvery light. Wild, golden hair framed large, cerulean eyes that seemed to glow with a light of their own. Her long, delicate, pointed ears peeked out from beneath the her tousled hair. Her wings moved with life, almost white as they reflected the moon.

"...dream." The prince's silver eyes watched hers, like deep pools of water alive with... with what? A kind of power, he supposed. Their cerulean glow was mesmerizing. "If I doubted before, I can no longer: fair princess." The elf smoothly bowed low from the waist. When he came up, he said, "I am an elf. If you already know those monsters as orcs, I suppose you must have heard of my kind as well. I am Lanthir, High Prince of elvenlands. My parents are mobilizing our forces as we speak, for orcs have ever been our enemy."

The prince paused, hoping he wasn't overbearing her with information. "You said you fear for your people's safety. Then you know where the orcs have gone? My people cannot help us yet, unless they cut off the flow of orcs and goblins coming into this place. But we can help you, myself and my company. They are loyal warriors all; we will aid you if we can. Will you take us to your people?"

A breeze began to blow. Hoofbeats could be heard in the distance. Help was coming.

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:49 pm

A bright blush stained her cheeks as he bowed before her, commenting on her fair visage.
"Yes," Celebrinel replied with a trusting smile, "I will bring you and your company to the city. I pray you can save my people from those awful monsters."
As the sound of hooves stomping rapidly upon the ground became louder, Celebrinel turned to face the direction of the sound of approaching horses. "Your company, that must be them."

Her heart pounded frantically in her chest, she was so frightened for her father and mother. If they perished, her heart would surely break.
So many emotions and feelings coursed through her all at once: worry for her people and parents, fear of the horrible orcs, yearning for the her elven rescuer.
Prince Lanthir.... High prince of the elves.... Her father would be furious with her if she professed love for this elf....
One question floated in her mind.... Could she honestly ignore such powerful yearning due to parental dismay? No. She knew she couldn't.

"You are about to make such risks for us," Celebrinel murmured gratefully as she turned to face Lanthir. "Your heart is brave and true. I thank you from the very depths of my soul."
She fought yet another blush as the idea came to mind to thank him with a kiss, but her royal sensibilities forced the urge back. She did not wish him to believe she had loose favors.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:23 pm

"Prince Lanthir!" called one of the prince's captains.

Lanthir wrenched his eyes away from the fairy princess to look up at the mounted elf. Lanthir accepted the greeting with a genteel nod as the rest of the company rode in. Then the score of them seemed to notice the fairy all at once, and there was a collective whispered appreciation of her beauty, bathed as she was in moonlight.

Lanthir swung up into the saddle when his horse returned from the pond. The steed's dappled gray coat made it seem almost magical itself, shimmering in the night. Lanthir's company awaited his instructions, many of them glancing back and forth between prince and maiden. "My friends: Celebrinel, the princess of this fairyland," he said, presenting her with a grand gesture of his arm. "The orcs we followed assault her people, for indeed there are more elsewhere in this fay and wistful country."
Excitement and concern rippled through the company.
"We ride at once, wherever the princess will lead us, and deal there as heart and honor would command."

"A day!" the elves cheered into the breezy night. "Even so!" several added.

Prince Lanthir turned in his saddle and extended a hand down toward Princess Celebrinel. "My lady," he said, offering a ride. But then he checked himself, realizing she had wings. "Ah, unless your prefer to fly?" His tone rose with the question--he hadn't actually seen her fly--but with the magic of this place all around, he could well believe it.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Celebrinel studied his offered hand in a wistful manner before blushing brightly, her eyes cast down shyly upon the emerald grass.
"One moment" She murmured before giving soft flutter of her wings after which they folded together and fell flat against her back. The wing then disappeared into a blink of silver and lavender sparkles.

Upon noticing the curious stares directed upon her from all the elves, Celebrinel laughed good naturedly; the sound almost like tinkling music.
"I apologize for not saying something first before clearly startling all of you" Celebrinel said "I have the ability to put my wings away so to speak when they are inconvenient for me, like now for instance"

She smiled sweetly before she reached up for him to grab hold of her, she felt him lift her light frame easily onto the horse in front of his body. She looked down at the horses mane and blushed, never before had a male caused such feelings in her before; It was like she was dancing on the clouds and her heart was pounding a mile a minute. She felt warm and safe and she leaned back against his chest

"The royal city is not far from here" Celebrinel explained "Perhaps a half hour going North from this location"
All she could do was pray that just maybe if the gods granted it, her father and her mother would be safe and sound. Her heart would surely break if they perished.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Twenty-one mounts carried twenty-two lithe riders over wood-graced hills and meadows. The thick vegetation muted their passage through the night. A short while later, the dark shape of civilization loomed with wide fields all around. Torches and fires lit the city ahead, and when the company could see that the city gates had been forced through, Lanthir felt the princess gasp with worry.

Lanthir quickly weighed the likelihood that his men might overwhelm a force of orcs and goblins large enough to gain the city. He decided upon a subterfuge. "Ho!" he called, bringing the company to a pause as they neared the gates. He looked first to one of his captains, and then the other. "Take six: three to the left, three to the right. Spread out to surround the city, and sound upon your horns when you are in position. Take four, go through the city looking for survivors, and respond when the horns begin. The rest, come with me!" Lanthir's captains quickly caught on and leapt to do their part, while the prince himself led his nine remaining elves straight toward the towering palace.

Lanthir noticed little of the city's appearance--he had greater concerns on his mind, and the torchlight illuminated only small spheres with their orange glow--but his night vision told him that the fairy dwellings seemed diverse and fragile. He suspected they were in fact neither. He was learning the way of this land, that little was as it seemed. He could worry about the city looked like when daylight came. More important, Lanthir could not fail to notice the occasional fairy, fallen bleeding and dead, lying in the streets--with few orcs to keep them company. Lanthir spurred his horse faster over the smooth something that made up the road.

Within moments, a rhythmic banging could be heard from the direction of the palace's silhouette. They've made it all the way to the palace gate, thought Lanthir in dismay. Celebrinel must have had the same thought, for she shrank against his chest as if to drown out the growing sound. Lanthir wanted to reassure her, but he wasn't so sure himself. He needed to concentrate, and hasten, for his plan to work.

The street opened up into a courtyard. At the far end stood a short way before the castle gate. The orcs were there. That is, most of them; there were a few here in the courtyard, looting and breaking things, gurgling in gruff voices or, if they were goblins, diving through windows or climbing roofs while chuckling high-pitched and mischievously. Lanthir halted as his fellows clattered into the center of the courtyard behind him, drawing the looters' notice. The prince gestured, and the mounted elves made short work of these few stragglers. That should be enough time.

A hunting horn was heard in the distance, loud and long. A second, on the opposite side beyond the city wall, caused the battering sounds to cease from the palace gate. Orc cries followed as more horns sounded within the city itself, then more beyond, then more in the city, and finally Lanthir and his men in the courtyard sounded at once.

Orcs feared elves, for good reason. They only invaded elvenlands on raids, afraid of repercussions. They had skirted elvenlands on their way here. Now prince Lanthir knew why: to prey on a new land where they would find far less resistance. The sound of elves here to disrupt their plans, as Lanthir had rightly guessed, now put fear into them. Lanthir's men were hidden on the fringes of the courtyard, waiting for the orcs when they came back from the palace gate. The orcs poured into the center of the wide area, and immediately Lanthir and two elves cut off the way to the palace. The rest of the elves bore down on them, shouting, coming out from the branching streets. It might have been ten against two hundred, but the horns still sounding in the distance and the suddenness of the pounding charge put the orcs to flight.

"Hurry, princess, fly to the palace! We'll drive these filth out of the city!"
When Celebrinel lighted off, brought out her wings and took to the air, Lanthir reared his horse and drew his sword. "Onward!" he called, joining the rout. The orcs had a head start. Lanthir sounded his horn once more and pounded after them. The horns elsewhere in the city responded, closer now. That spurred the orcs to an even hastier retreat. The were wild, now, running with abandon. When they passed the shattered city gate and achieved open ground where they could turn and fight, four of the other six elves appeared, and all the elves sounded on their horns once more: two in the distance, the rest bearing down upon the small orc army. That scattered them.

The orcs must have expected to see elven foot soldiers everywhere in the city, and the sound of horns in the distance would have told them that more awaited outside. When they saw their path clear, they seized the chance for escape. Lanthir chased them with horns until he was certain they would not turn back. The orcs headed straight back toward where they came from, but the elves dared not pursue. Twenty against two hundred, even with horses, was begging for death. Orcs were not inept at fighting. So the orcs were gone. Unfortunately, they would be back--in hordes.

Lanthir hurried himself and his men back to the fairy city, up the streets, past the courtyard, and up to the palace gates. Still night, Lanthir wondered if everyone inside the palace was safe. Celebrinel should meet him, he hoped. Day was still a few hours off, and everyone would be weary, and the city needed to be refortified--he needed to let everyone know they were safe for the time being, and then he needed to rest. Despite his worries, though, Prince Lanthir slowly realized his plan had worked. Twenty elves had put two hundred orcs to flight. He let out an amazed, breathless sigh and turned to his comrades. "We did it! A day!" he cheered.
"A day!" they resounded as one, shouting their victory to the magical air of fairyland.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:14 am

Celebrinel's heart pounded in her chest as she soared up high to the tower where her mother and father would be kept under the highest securities they had in their possession.
She landed gracefully upon the balcony and rushed forward to push the glimmering glass doors open, a rainbow shimmer passing through the glass as it recognized her as a member of the royal family and allowing her to pass through. Rushing inside as quick as her slender legs would allow her, she hurtled herself into her father's arms as the aged fairy turned around to see his daughter safe and sound.

"Father! Mother! You are safe!" Celebrinel gushed, burying her face into her father's grand tunic.
"Celebrinel, our sweet darling!" Queen Tatiana gasped, tears filling her eyes as she thrust herself up from the chair she sat upon to join her husband and daughter "We were so frightened that something had befallen you"
"Something almost did, mother" Celebrinel explained, lifting her face from her father's chest as she remembered everything that had happened "Orcs tried to kill me outside the city gates in the forest, I was saved by the prince of the elves, Prince Lanthir. He was so very brave"

"Elves?!" King Oberon echoed in pure disgust, a brow arching in uncertainty "You were rescued by an elven prince? Preposterous!"
Celebrinel glared at her father and placed her elegant hands upon her lush hips defiantly "It is the truth! Prince Lanthir and his men saved me and they are also responsible for thwarting the orcs here in the city!"
King Oberon and his queen were stunned to silence, it seemed so unlikely that elves would ever do anything to help a fairy, let alone a whole lot of them. Celebrinel however was firm in what she said, therefore there was no denying what their daughter said was the truth.

"I do not like this" Tatiana added and then sighed "However, if what Celebrinel says is t rue, then we owe this Prince Lanthir a great deal if only for just saving our beloved Celebrinel"
Oberon nodded gravely "Yes, losing our sweet daughter would have been utterly unbearable. Very well, my darling Celebrinel, take us to see this savior"
"Follow me!" Celebrinel gushed joyously as she headed for the balcony and gracefully jumped down, her wings catching her in mid-air.
Her parents followed suit and floated with her gently to the ground where stood Lanthir and his men.

Celebrinel smiled brightly at the handsome Prince Lanthir as her father reluctantly stepped forward with an outstretched hand "You saved Celebrinel. Thank you"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:56 am

It was a few moments after the cheering died down that a subtle noise was heard from a balcony high, high above--a subtle dlick-doom combined with a crystalline echo. A second later, three figures fluttered down through the starlit sky, alighting on the enameled ground between the group of elves and the palace gates. Celebrinel touched down first. The other two, undoubtedly, must be the fairy king and queen.

They had golden hair like Celebrinel's. The king was dressed in rich, elaborate garments, with a particularly grand tunic that looked soft and comfortable where it was not encrusted with gems. His bright blue eyes shone in the dark. The queen's eyes were a darker shade of royal blue, and there was a depth and knowing to them. Her dress was, if possible, even more rich and elegant than the king's glittering garb. Each had a pair of wings many times as impressive as their daughter's.

The king, seeming hesitant, stepped forward with an outstretched hand. "You saved Celebrinel. Thank you."

Uncertain what the customs were, Prince Lanthir honored the king and queen as an elf would do toward Lanthir's own royal parents. He swept a dramatic bow, bending low from the waist in a smooth motion, paused, then reversed the action to re-straighten his posture. "It was an honor, most noble King of fairyland. I fear, though, that I must darken this reunion. The orcs indeed are driven off, but only for the moment. A much greater force is on its way. My people are massing to stop them, but many orcs and goblins may come through before then."

Lanthir paused while this news sank in. Now that the night's fighting was over, he realized he was feeling faint. "Before we speak of such things though, ah, if I may be so bold... might we impose upon your hospitality? A place to take rest, and perhaps food and drink?"
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Tatiana's frame grew stiff and turned her eyes to her husband, seeking his own opinion on the matter. They were grateful for their daughter's life, but there was still so much tension between the fairies and the elves that remained.
Though he wished that he could refuse and send the elves on their way, but he was thoroughly in a position where he could not, this elven prince had saved his daughter's life and in regards to his daughter, she would never forgive him if he sent her savior and his men away.

"Very well" Oberon replied with a regal nod of his gilded head, the tawny loose curls bouncing ever so slightly with the movement of his head.
He looked to his daughter and took joy in the look of bliss upon her lovely face, he lived to see his sweet daughter happy. She would do their people proud when the day came for her to ascend the throne.
"Please take advantage of our hospitality" Tatiana spoke up, her clear blue eyes moving across the small sea of elves "We would lost our reason to breath if not for your kindness. Please, enter the palace and refresh yourselves. Have food and wine. There are plenty of chambers available for your rest"

Celebrinel smiled brightly and surged forward towards Lanthir, she took his hand in hers and pulled him gently towards the palace doors "Come, I will get you settled personally, Prince Lanthir"
The feel of his hand in hers felt like the most heavenly and serene magic, as if being by his side was destiny, like she belonged to him. A soft blush covered her cheeks and she hurriedly shook it off, she couldn't let this handsome and dignified prince know of her girlish thoughts. If he knew how she dreamed of him, she feared he make think her silly.

She escorted her handsome elf prince down the grand halls and corridors to the wing of the palace where the bedchambers resided. She stopped at a blue door edged in a glimmering gilded border, Celebrinel push it open gently and led him inside.
The floor was cobbled white marble, but it held no coldness to it; Walking upon was like walking upon the warm earth. The walls were draped in a sapphire blue silken material that shined like jewels when the sun poured inside. At the far end of the room against the wall was a white marble fireplace with a decent amount of unburnt logs waiting in the hearth.
At the opposite end of the end was a grand four poster bed of decent size covered from the covers and the canopy in azure blue silk.

Celebrinel turned and looked at Lanthir with a sweet and beautiful smile "Do you like it?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:50 am

"It's beautiful," the Prince replied. All elves seemed to have a good sense for beauty. Lanthir couldn't help comparing this palace to his own people's back home, where rich, petrified darkwood and expansive, intricate crystal made up the highest echelon of wealth and decor. "It's so bright," he observed. Even at night, as it was, the white marble seemed to glow.

The rest of Lanthir's elves were being similarly tended to by other fairies. That much, at least, the Prince had a chance to note before being whisked off by Celebrinel. He had hoped to eat a little something before taking rest, but then he noticed a bowl of fruits in the center of the bedroom. That would do for now; he felt he could slip almost at once into dreams, and not only from weariness.

"Magnificent," said Lanthir, again complimenting the room. He turned to Celebrinel; she was most pleased. "Please give your parents my earnest thanks, and thank you as well, Princess," he said, this time bowing a little. "I think I can manage. Is there anything I should know before I see you in the morning--or, at this hour," he chuckled tiredly, "perhaps even later?"
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Celebrinel simply smiled sweetly and shook her head, her silvery blonde hair moving elegantly like water as she did "No, just rest. I will have a meal sent up to you shortly, vegetarian if you prefer it"
She had to admit that she had forgotten at first about food for her eagerness to be alone with the handsome elf prince, not for reasons dishonorable though. She simply wanted him to herself for a short while, to know him past being her rescuer.

"You truly were so very brave, Prince Lanthir. I am so very grateful to you for all that you have done" Celebrinel said, blushing softly as her eyes gazed up to meet his face.
Oh how she wished he would kiss her now. To feel those soft looking lips grace hers with a tender kiss would surpass any fantasy she had dared to dream before. Celebrinel knew however the idea was preposterous, this prince barely knew her and therefore would not feel the need to kiss her or declare any feelings of love or devotion. Such girlish dream would blind her to reality.

"Rest well, sweet prince" Celebrinel murmured with a dreamy smile before she turned and headed for the door.
What was she thinking anyway, her parents would probably never allow her to be with a elf like that and if Lanthir actually wanted to marry her, they would have to elope and she truly doubted he would wish to do that. Her unrealistic dreams would have to remain silent, no matter how much she wished otherwise. That is just the way is was meant to be, unfortunately.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:19 pm

After eating some of the fruit on the table, Lanthir settled in to bed. It was very soft and comfortable--almost too much so; Lanthir thought were he not so tired, he might not get to sleep at all. As it was, the downy bed took some getting used to. Which left the prince awake with his thoughts for a little while. There was a lot to sort out.

It all seemed to be a blur, so quickly had events transpired. One moment there was no such thing as these creatures called fairies--at least not in reality--and the next he had rescued not one, but a whole castle full of these fairies... in the midst of a land he never would have dreamed existed. Well, actually, he might indeed have dreamed it, but that was what made this place so strange. It was so familiar, yet so impossible. And here he was, sleeping in the palace of its royalty. What was he going to do now?

Exactly as he said he would.

Lanthir nodded to himself. There was nothing for it. This was no dream, and these people were in peril. What young elf never desired to live out a marvelous dream? Well, here was the chance like no other. Put that way, Lanthir no longer felt uneasy about the future. Unsure, perhaps, but now excited. And then, with that little conflict resolved, the elven prince drifted off to sleep.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 am

The palace gardens thankfully remained untouched, the moon roses and star orchids still wafted their sweet smell throughout the garden, the king and queen of the forest flora.
Celebrinel bent down at the waist to take a bit of a star orchid's smell into her nose, she sighed heavenly. This garden always provided her with a bit of peace ever since she was a small child.

Today however... It provided only half of what it usually did, her mind and her heart were completely taken over by a certain elven prince. It was odd for her, he had not been here very long, but she could think of little else but him.
"This is lunacy" Celebrinel murmured aloud, seating herself upon a marble bench beside a mixture of forever lilies and eternal daffodils, their purple and yellow radiance too beautiful to be real "I cannot be in love with Lanthir, he is an elf and secondly, I barely know him. So why does my heart ache this way?"

She stood gingerly from the bench and paced the expanse of the garden, should she tell Lanthir how she felt about about him? Or should she be silent allow him to find some nice elven princess to marry? Rejection was something she feared when it came to Lanthir, or perhaps acceptance without sincerity.
"Oh sparkling stars and shining moon" Celebrinel sighed, staring up into the inky night sky "Tell me what to do? You are ever the true sages of love and passion, if any can give me advice... it is you"

Celebrinel knew she would receive no answer however and gazed up towards to window of Prince Lanthir's chamber, she wondered if he felt the same of or her or ever could.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:44 am

The sun was a long time on Lanthir's face before the dark-haired prince finally, slowly, became aware that he was waking. The envelopingly soft pillow had made his ears hot. The covers came up to his nose. All around him was warmth, the scents of subtle flowery perfumes, and the barely audible noises of distant activity. A bird or two still sang.

A crackle from the marble fireplace finally brought Lanthir's eyes open. Lanthir thickly tried to recall if he'd been the one to build the fire. After a few moments, he decided he hadn't bothered; some servant must have tended it. The thought brought him back to where he was, and he woke up all over again. He sat up and looked around. Sapphire drapes sparkled in the sunlight pouring in from the large, open window. It was late morning. And oh yes, Lanthir was in fairyland.

Lanthir rubbed his hands over his silver eyes, unsure which version of this kingdom was more dreamlike--the one where he was asleep or the one where he was awake. He yawned, dislodged himself from the covers and sat on the edge of the bed, then brought his brows together in thought, squinting at the window. He looked down at himself. He was still wearing the clothes he'd arrived in: a rich brown, long-sleeved tunic beneath a silver and blue silk surcoat, a dark leather belt over a wide sash, and black wool leggings. His soft black leather boots, he could see, were still where he'd left them next to the bed. Though of excellent quality, the boots seemed rough and dirty there on the white marble floor. Lanthir scooted himself over and put them on. Then, standing up, he wriggled the sash and belt back down to its proper place around his waist, straightened some of the wrinkles out of his surcoat, and again took stock of his surroundings.

The fruit bowl had been restocked. Lanthir helped himself to what looked like grapes. They were more pungent than he anticipated, though not unpalatably so. He spit out the seeds into a small saucer ready on the table. He tried a few more fruits he hadn't noticed the night before.

A few minutes later, there was a light knock at the gilded door. Three of Lanthir's fingers had a spots of sticky juice on them, and he cast about for a way to clean them. Unsuccessful, he reluctantly licked the juice off and wiped his fingers on his tunic, beneath the surcoat. "Enter," he called toward the door.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 am

Pushing the gilded doors open, Celebrinel entered wearing a fresh gown of pale green silk with an almost transparent overlay of lavender chiffon on the skirt, her silvery blonde hair shimmered beneath the circlet of silver her father insisted she wear as often as possible. A sweet smile was glued to her lips, the same smile she wore whenever she came across Lanthir.

"Good morning, Prince Lanthir" She murmured almost shyly as she came into the expanse of the room "I hope you rested well"
Celebrinel was silent for a good couple of minutes before she chewed nervously on her lower lip and spoke her thoughts "I must confess something to you, Prince Lanthir, though I fear you may think ill of me"

How to do this? How was she to tell him how she felt and should she even be doing this at all.
Refusing to ignore her heart a moment longer, Celebrinel allowed her instincts to be her guide as she came forward and gently wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pressing her lips to his gently.

As she pulled her face back, she was blushing furiously and all she could manage was a whisper, audible, but still only a whisper "I do think you have stolen my heart, Prince Lanthir"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 am

After those several moments of awkward silence, Lanthir never expected to be so suddenly invaded with a kiss. The fairy girl's lips were cool and soft as they met his own, warming swiftly because, as Lanthir could feel through the pressing embrace, of her racing heart. When Celebrinel finally pulled away and Lanthir opened his eyes, the princess was flushed and nervous. "I do think you have stolen my heart, Prince Lanthir," she whispered.

Lanthir, for his part, was still reliving the press of her light body against his, the gentle pull as their melded lips parted. Her words were almost lost on him, and only after an overly long pause could he manage a response.

"Y... your heart? W... this is," he gasped in a deep breath, "...I, ah... don't know what... customs... y... are observed h-here, but ah..." his brows drew together in puzzlement. "How can it be possible for you to, ah..." he gestured, uncertainly, at all of her. "Are you saying you wish to... be with me? Forever?"

Instead of waiting for her to answer right away, Lanthir aimed his face ambiguously downward, as if in thought. He doubted his ability to get through an explanation if he were to see how she was receiving his reaction. "It takes decades to choose the one. Why would you...?" He put his fingertips on his mouth, as if that would give him some answer. "I'm sorry," he said, the words nearly muted through his fingers. "I only tried to help. I never... My people only choose after long acquaintance. To choose so quickly... it just isn't done. Are all fairies as--wait, that's not what I--" He looked up in distress, fumbling, hoping he hadn't hurt her feelings.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 am

Rejection...
She knew it... She should have from the start... These sort of feelings weren't supposed to happen over night anyway.
"It... It's alright" Celebrinel replied softly, taking a few respectful steps back "I was being very foolish and naive. Fairies are supposed to know their soul mate almost right away if not over a few days, but..... I've never seen it for myself... I was carried away, I apologize"

She genuinely felt ashamed now, it was never her intentions to make him feel so cornered "I never meant to put you in such a corner, I pray you will forgive me and forget this ever happened"
With that, the crestfallen princess turned and exited the chambers. She shut the door behind her and hurried away before he could stop her.

"It is for the best" Celebrinel told herself as she neared the throne room "Fairies and elves have never entered such a union before and perhaps they never will, perhaps they were never meant to"
As she entered the throne room, the warm light streaming the glass windows warming her face, Celebrinel was put on guard as she saw her mother and father talking intently with a fairy prince from their neighboring kingdom.

Somehow, Celebrinel knew she was hoping for too much to think he might be here to talk trade or something like that. She wasn't that lucky.
"Mother, Father... Prince Remiel" She greeted, greeting Remiel quite reluctantly "To what does our kingdom owe the honor of Prince Remiel's visit?"
"Prince Remiel" The king replied "Has come to ask for your hand in marriage, Celebrinel. We told him it was entirely up to you to decide"

Celebrinel smiled at her father's loving consideration of her feelings and turned her attention to Prince Remiel. He was indeed handsome. Sunshine gold hair reaching the bottom of his waist and resting elegantly over his shoulders and back. His eyes were a vibrant robin's egg blue and his complexion was like honey. If only she could say that it did anything to stir her.

"Princess Celebrinel" Remiel murmured, his elegant cream and gold edged robes swishing around him as he came towards her "Long have I admired your beauty and your wit, I would be honored if you would choose me to become your husband"
Well damn, how was she supposed to react to that?

"I am flattered" Celebrinel replied as honestly as she could "Would you be kind enough to allow me a few days to consider? I really must think this over before I come to any sort of decision"
Prince Remiel nodded thoughtfully "Of course, Princess, for you I would move the stars themselves. Take as much time as you need, your parents have given me permission to reside here until you have made up your mind. I will wait as long as I have to"

Celebrinel nodded and felt her heart sink instead of feel excited, she would rathered be sharing a moment like this with Lanthir, but it was obvious now that those dreams would be nothing else but dreams. It was time to wake up to reality.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:48 am

What an odd way to start the day. Lanthir did hope he hadn't hurt her feelings. He would have to discreetly inquire after the customs of this place. Perhaps they were much more different from those of his people than he had at first thought to consider.

Worry about it later, he told himself. There were more pressing matters at hand--like the defense of this strange, glorious new land. He ought to go and find the king and queen. Yes, that's what he'd do. If the princess was there... he'd have to think up some explanation. It dawned on him that the princess might be displeased and have the power to cause mischief, which as far as Lanthir knew might endanger the entire realm. Maybe he ought to play along with her romance, just to be safe.

Out in the hall, he thought about it all as he paced along wealthy corridors. It might not be so hard to play at romance with the princess after all, he thought. Even if he inadvertently agreed to something in ignorance, it might not be so bad. She was quite beautiful, after all, and who knew but that fairies were closer to elves than any other creature. But what of his own kind...? Should he risk getting too involved, too attached? He was the prince; he had responsibilities. His lot was to serve his people, not himself. He would have to weigh this carefully, he decided. He didn't know enough yet. Perhaps honesty was still the best course, at this time. Yes, he decided, that was safest. Best to deal faithfully when in doubt and with nothing to hide.

Lanthir raked his fingers through his dark hair. He looked up, then, suddenly realizing he had gotten himself lost. "Um, begging your pardon, my lady," he said to the first person he met, a female carrying a box. Probably a servant? "Would you know where your king and queen might be found? I ought to speak with them."

The fairy seemed to know who he was without introduction. This, more than anything, convinced Lanthir that she was a member of the staff. Servants knew everything. The winged girl courteously offered directions, and a grateful Lanthir was soon back on his way.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:11 am

Truth be told that Celebrinel honestly did not know what to do at this point, she knew it was time to wake up to reality and accept her fate as a royal princess however; after all, happily ever did not exist... not for a princess...
With that thought weighing down her heart, Celebrinel offered Remiel a polite smile and made her attempt to excuse herself from the throne room; she had to get away from Remiel for a little while for some quiet.
Up until in strolled Lanthir, as handsome and regal as ever; he stole Celebrinel's breath and stopped her beating heart. She tried to move, but her limbs refused and her eyes would not leave him.

Remiel having noticed the attention given to the elven prince, fluttered his wings slightly in annoyance and turned to Celebrinel; intent on removing her attention on his rival for love "Princess, might I interest you in a quiet walk through the gardens? I noticed the moon orchids are growing quite beautifully"
Oh great, now how could she refuse such a kind gentlemanly offer like that in front of her parents; she'd never hear the end of it.
With a silent sigh, Celebrinel smiled kindly and nodded "That sounds pleasant, I do love the moon orchids"

The smooth fairy prince offered Celebrinel his arm and she reluctantly took it, if she could not marry for love then she had no other choice than to marry in order to provide her people with ample protection from invaders.
She could not bare to look upon Lanthir's face though, she knew that she would lose her strength and resolve if she did; he would steal her heart all over again.
Remiel gave Lanthir a brief arrogant smirk before he steered Celebrinel towards the throne room doors to visit the gardens.

The only thing Celebrinel could hope for now was that her choices would give her people a happy and prosperous future to look forward for many centuries to come, they deserved some happiness after all of their struggles to maintain their peaceful existence; she as their princess owed that to them.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:29 am

When Prince Lanthir finally arrived in the throne room Celebrinel was there with the King and Queen, as well as a handsome male fairy. He offered to escort the princess to the gardens and Celebrinel accepted. What puzzled Lanthir about it was the superior half-smile the male fairy shot at him before leaving the room. Lanthir wondered what that could be about. Did he see Lanthir as a rival?

The elven prince turned his mind away toward more important matters. "Your majesties," he addressed the King and Queen, sweeping a genteel bow. Morning sunlight was streaming in, highlighting the two fairies' somewhat stern faces. "My company and I are most grateful for your hospitality."
"Elf prince... Lanthir, yes?" said the King. "I am King Oberon, and this is my queen, Tatiana."
"We trust you slept well?" said Queen Tatiana.
"A much-needed and well-taken rest, your majesty."
"You have our thanks, again, for rescuing our dearest daughter."
Oberon put in, "You had news of a great horde of orcs on its way?"
"Yes," said Lanthir, sobering. "The orcs that came last night were only a scout party. The main group is many, many times greater. Orcs and goblins breed quickly. Alone they fall easily; their strength is in their numbers."

A silence ensued. Lanthir ended it after a moment. "What will happen now? Is this place defensible? I know nothing of this land."
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Celebrinel was certainly distracted as she strolled beside Prince Remiel amongst the royal gardens, her mind was far away from the fey prince of her kingdom's northern neighbor; No, her mind remained with Lanthir as much as she fought it.
The fates were having far too much fun toying with her it seemed, pulling at the strings of her heart and guiding her thoughts ever back to Prince Lanthir.
“Princess?” Remiel inquired, stopping them in their tracks; Princess Celebrinel looked as if she paid no attention to him at all “Princess, are you alright? Has that elf done something to offend you?”
She wanted to laugh at that point, she desired only to laugh at Remiel and tell him that it was Lanthir that offended her; It was the over primped flying peacock standing before her that made her want to crawl beneath a rock “No, Lanthir has done nothing of the sort”

“Lanthir?” Remiel echoed in disgust and annoyance “You call him by his given name? Is there something more between the two of you that I should know about?”
Being offended quickly turned to feeling completely insulted and irritated to the max “Prince Remiel, you have no claim on me whatsoever as of yet; Even if there was anything between myself and Lanthir, it would of the most certainty be none of your business at all”
Being chastised by the beautiful princess for stepping out of line was not what Remiel was expecting and if he wanted to obtain her, he would have to appear far more docile until wedding vows were spoken or else the princess would back out far too quickly.
“I apologize for my behavior, Princess Celebrinel; It was uncalled for and I have offended you to which I am most aggrieved”
Celebrinel wanted to slap that fake look of apology off his overly superficial face, the man was beyond fake and it annoyed Celebrinel so badly; Though at this point in time, there was little Celebrinel could do about it.
“Do make sure you do not forget your manners again” Celebrinel replied simply, keep her tone calm and cool “Lanthir has done much for my family and my people in less than even a day, without him I would be dead and my people would soon be as well”

Remiel gave Celebrinel a stiff reluctant nod, it was true that Prince Lanthir had saved Celebrinel's life and in turn, the people as well for making them alert of the current threat against them. Though it was clear to Remiel than Celebrinel adored the elven prince and should the elf return interest in Celebrinel... Remiel would have her snatched from his grasp so quick he wouldn't know what happened.
“I understand” was his simple reply before he motioned to the beautiful garden full of blooming flowers “Shall we continue our stroll?”
“No” Celebrinel replied, her face and tone thoughtful “I should return to the throne room and see what Lanthir and my family have planned to counter the threats we are facing”
“Might I escort you back?” Remiel asked, fighting to not grind his teeth in the process from sheer frustration.
“That will not be necessary, Prince Remiel” Celebrinel replied innocently enough, though it was fairly clear she wished to be rid of Remiel's presence “I know the way around my own home”
With that, the lovely fey princess turned and was gone the way they'd come in, leaving a seething Prince Remiel alone in the gardens.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Finding the throne room empty, Celebrinel ventured to the Great Hall where she found Lanthir and her father seated at the grand table adorning the center of the room.
Though the two were obviously in deep conversation, both looked at her with surprise as she took a seat beside her father; it was clear they expected her to be walking in the gardens with the visiting prince.
“Darling, were you not on a walk?” Oberon asked his daughter, a brow lifted in confusion.
“Worry not, dear father” Celebrinel said, using an elegant hand to gesture towards a new subject “It matters not, what do we know so far on the matters at hand? Can we defend the people against this?”
It was clear her father did not expect her to be so concerned, it was normally not for a princess to worry about war and such unpleasant things; Though Celebrinel loved her people and she wanted to protect them, so formalities meant nothing to her on this matter.
The most Celebrinel knew at this point was that the orcs were planning something according to Prince Lanthir, this was something she wanted to make sure was nipped in the bud and prevented at all costs.

It took all she had to not glance at Lanthir with longing, he was so handsome and so brave, not to mention kind and benevolent; he was everything Celebrinel had ever dreamed of.
She silently berated her heart for its stupid inability to cease this adoration of Prince Lanthir, but that did little to quell her desires; She still wished for nothing more than to spend forever in his arms.
It was not quite clear to Celebrinel why she felt so strongly about Lanthir after such a short time of knowing him, but it was obvious to her that fighting it or questioning it was only going to create more frustration for than solve anything.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:23 pm

The short time Lanthir had with the fairy monarchs had been taken up in subtle word-ploys designed to divulge motives rather than share information. Lanthir felt the fairy king and queen were only just beginning to believe he was an honorable ally and not a spy from the elvenlands. When the princess returned unaccompanied and proceeded to ask questions, the king and queen were visibly perturbed and suspicious, and Lanthir wasn't sure how he should react.

King Oberon seemed reluctant to answer his daughter's question, probably because he didn't want the elf prince to hear. Suspicious or anxious, he waited until the room's silence grew uncomfortable, then said, "There are the ancient magics, and we have our guard, but the old ways of war have long been abandoned. It will take time and study. And if what this," he glanced at Lanthir, "elf says is true, there may not be time enough for it. It may be that he and his people are our only hope. For now."

"They will come from the waterfall, toward the..." Lanthir realized he wasn't sure whether they had the compass directions in this place. He could see outside, so he pointed toward the general area. "...north and east?"
The queen nodded, following.
Lanthir went on: "We could try to stop them in the fields as they come, or we could gather within cities and palaces to ward them off."
The queen nodded again, but then she paused and looked toward her husband. Oberon had not been paying attention. His gaze was turned toward the north. All heads turned to look, but Lanthir saw nothing. Oberon rose from his throne and crossed to the open wall, painedly, as if in a daze. He stood with his fists clenched, but his voice was hardly more than a whisper. "Orinia has fallen..."
Then Lanthir saw it.

A dark blemish had appeared on the lush green line of the horizon. Despite the distance, there could be no doubt. It was a black, thick, rising column of smoke.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: