FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thoughtful Gift...pun intended

2 posters

Go down

A Thoughtful Gift...pun intended Empty A Thoughtful Gift...pun intended

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:01 pm

So Ryona had the idea that it would be awesome to read through the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Silmarillion (me anyway, for that one), and to write in the margins our thoughts and feelings on the books. We would write about what the words mean to us socially, philosophically, whatever, as well as how it compares to the movies and such. And, eventually, it would be a gift to our son, Theoden. She suggested buying some used copies, or one hardback that contains all of them. But I decided (to her surprise!) to use my really expensive and super-special copies of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (LOTR is a red and gold leather copy, and the Hobbit is a green/red/gold leather copy). I think it would be an absolutely priceless and wonderful gift for him, so long as he shares our appreciation for books (including LOTR), culture, and philosophy. And we would each use a specific color pen, so he knows which of us wrote what.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that. I'm super-excited to get started on it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Taeo already loves books. He loves carrying my hardback books around, flipping through the pages and just feeling it. Drives me nuts...but I just can't tell him no. Until he starts asking for lots of them.... So I am sure someday he will be just like me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

A Thoughtful Gift...pun intended Empty Re: A Thoughtful Gift...pun intended

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:03 pm

That's a great idea, Silvone! I'll have to do the same thing sometime for when I have kids. ^^

Heh, this makes me want to do a FOG Lord of the Rings Reading or something. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:06 pm

That's sounds like a super awesome gift! Damn, can't you make a copy for me too, I'll let you adopt me. Wink

Btw...I guess I'm not reading the title right, but I can't find the pun... >_<

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:09 pm

It's a gift...of our thoughts...and it's thoughtful. It's a thoughtful gift, like "hey that is nice!" and it's a thoughtful gift like "hey, that gift is all about my parents thoughts!"

I'll consider adopting you after you finish college. I can't afford to put a baby thru college yet. Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Hehe, well. Here in Sweden you don't have to pay for college, just books and housing and food. So it wouldn't be too expensive. Wink And awwww, Ryona likes me! Very Happy <3

And I understand the pun now, thanks. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down