FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Collaborative Effort

3 posters

Go down

A Collaborative Effort Empty A Collaborative Effort

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:00 pm

So, an something's been bugging me for a while. We have all these great minds here, but yet (from what I've heard) RPs rarely seem to finish. Now, normally, an RP fails due to dwindling interest, either of the person running it or of the members. I think there's a way to solve both of these problems.

Why not organize a sort of "team," one that works together to craft RPs collaboratively, then present them to the forum at large? Ideally, there would be varied the people in the group, in order that the resultant RPs would be able to appeal to more people. Thus, more initial interest, and (on the premise that two or more minds is better than one) a superiorly crafted story which would hopefully hold said interest longer. Furthermore, because it would be run as a group, even if one of the writers lost interest, it wouldn't spell doom for the RPs-- the others could just take over his or her position.

Now, in an ideal world, FoG's best and brightest would sign up for this, the cream of the cream of the crop. But, I'm sure many of them have ideas of their own, that being how they got to be the best and brightest (also, I don't want to start an argument over who are the top dogs). Furthermore, I'd like to be a part of it, and I'm pretty sure I don't even measure against some of you here. Anyway, we're all good RPers, which is why I'm just posting this out to the community at large. Ideally, we can run this through a group PM, a personal IRC, or (possibly?) establish a group (Unlikely, as it appears the group functionality isn't open to peons like me).

On a final note, just because I'm starting the ball rolling here, doesn't mean I'll be "in charge." Other groups that I've seen along these lines have had the "leader" basically telling everyone what RP they were going to make, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of an collaborative effort. So, the first order of business would be establishing genre and general plot-line for the story, which I will (probably) not participate in for fear of people agreeing just to be cooperative. -_-

Anyway, is anyone else interested in helping out?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

A Collaborative Effort Empty Re: A Collaborative Effort

Post by Kingmaker Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 pm

I'll join. As you know, I can work well with others but lack motivation. I think this'll seriously help the forum AND myself as well.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 pm

xD
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were following me King.

On another note, if anyone has suggestions or general thoughts on the subject, but can't join, feel free to share your thoughts. Discussion is good!
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 am

I'd like to join in on this. I think my best work comes from collaboration, so I'm definitely into it.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down