FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread

2 posters

Go down

Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread Empty Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:45 pm

IC thread: Here

For those who are wondering what this RP is, this is the RP that I have been working on for over a few months and had been raising interest in this thread. Now, without further adieu, here is the RP that I have been working on called Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga.

Character Sheet and Rules

I am always a person who is a massive fan of paragraph introductions, but for those that want a character sheet, I have created a simple one that would just about fill in the basic outline of your character.

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (race related)
[b]Race:[/b] (any of the common races that I haven't described in the races section are acceptable. Any Gelbarean Races are to be judged separately)
[b]Magic:[/b] (if any is used by your character. Magic rarity is followed in this order: Aura<Drægarian<Void<Necromancy<Shadow<Illusion<Nature<Elemental<Mana. Leave blank if your character is not a magic-user)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (no pictures allowed (and no buts either). One paragraph description of 7-9 sentences)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Again, 1 paragraph of 7-9 sentences. Leave blank if you mention that you will be developing it in the RP)
[b]Traits[/b] (Fill in the two sections below)
-[i]Strengths[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*] (add more if necessary)[/list]
-[i]Weaknesses[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*] (add more if necessary. Make sure this is longer than the Strengths section, so there is no overpowered characters.)[/list]
[b]Equipment:[/b] (Place anything in your character's inventory here and a brief description of them if you want to describe them)
[b]Bio:[/b] (Add any key points in your character's history that are somewhat important. 3 paragraphs of 6-7 sentences for those key points minimum. Can do 2 and say you'll develop character's history during the RP)
[b]Other:[/b] (Although I think I've covered everything in the other sections above, feel free to use this section for anything I've missed)

The Rules

These are the simple rules of what my RP have to undergo:

-All the Standard rules of RPing apply here (no GModding, PPing, Cybering, etc)
-No excessive swearing
-The weapons available are swords, maces, shields and whatnot, but there are a rare cases where steampunk and gun technology being used as weapons. Due to rarity, only a handful of people will have the technology, the rest will have swords and magic.
-Maximum of 2 characters allowed (with sidekicks to your main character counting as 1 character)
-While there are no real sides of the RP now (compared to the old one), if you want to assign your character to two sides or a neutral side, feel free to join the remaining mercenaries or the side of evil (and state that in the Other section if you so wish)
-No OoC in the IC thread. All OoC (and character sheets) will be posted in the OoC thread provided.
-Only one person who is allowed to time skip in the entire RP and that is me. For those who want to time skip will need to ask me for permission.

While there is only these small things, please refrain from posting until I get all of the information I have down into this thread.

~M3~

Last edited by Mercinus3 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread Empty Re: Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Map of Gelbaron

Spoiler:

Cities/Towns in Gelbaron

Gelbeterron

Spoiler:

Celbaron

Spoiler:

Galacteo

Spoiler:

Taelvera

Spoiler:

Eoqusse

Spoiler:

Aureanus

Spoiler:

32 cities/ports

Last edited by Mercinus3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread Empty Re: Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga OoC thread

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Places in Gelbaron

Gelbeterron

Spoiler:

Celbaron

Spoiler:

Aureanus

Spoiler:

Galacteo

Spoiler:

Eoqusse

Spoiler:

Islands in Aranth Ocean

Spoiler:

The Great Sanctuary and The Land of the Dark One

Spoiler:

27 places

Last edited by Mercinus3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Magic of Gelbaron

Mana magic

Spoiler:

Elemental

Spoiler:

Nature

Spoiler:

Illusion

Spoiler:

Shadow

Spoiler:

Necromancy

Spoiler:

Void

Spoiler:

Drægarian

Spoiler:

Silvæan

Spoiler:

Aura

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mercinus3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Gelbarean-specific Races

Maloux
Spoiler:

Drægar
Spoiler:

Drægarian
Spoiler:

Silvæan
Spoiler:

Krimntaar
Spoiler:

Carrefær
Spoiler:

Werepyres
Spoiler:

Felidinæ
Spoiler:

Derapherons
Spoiler:

Tarren
Spoiler:

Spectral Lions
Spoiler:

Derreg Lizard
Spoiler:

Derroneva Plant Spider
Spoiler:

Kolvera Vultures
Spoiler:

Queldaemons
Spoiler:

Belgarenith Nightshades
Spoiler:

Meirdaerian Creatures (brief)
Spoiler:

Pæla Ice Skaters
Spoiler:

Defrena Land Dolphins
Spoiler:

Gelvok Eels
Spoiler:

White Harlergeth
Spoiler:

Fire Lords
Spoiler:

Razvères
Spoiler:

Galactean Slammers
Spoiler:

Tempestero Skyhunters
Spoiler:

Vulturo
Spoiler:

Serrated-Bill Toucan
Spoiler:

Void Creatures
Spoiler:

28 unique creatures

Last edited by Mercinus3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Planes of Gelbaron (To be done at a later date)

The Shadow Realm

The Void
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:51 pm

The Forsaken Weapons of Callelotte

Haruugyo

(New Picture, with thanks to my friend, Attila)

Kaljo Rejjio
(Old Image)

Callelotto Valo
(Old Image)

Kolzucho
(Old Image)

Galangdei
(Old Image)

Kal Kerron
(Old Image)

Denos Velenchion
(Old Image)

Rycolflange
(Old Image)

Rhendoflande
(Old Image)

Rundi-flanze
(Old Image)

Kal de Tolorande
(Old Image)

Doltventa Folcren
(Old Image)

Infernatus Derrevato
(Old Image)

Merrano Derrevato
(Old Image)

Callelotto Maggeströan
(Old Image)

Chiborata Queldensoz
(Old Image)
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Using this post for accepted character and/or any information that will be coming soon in the distant future. Feel free to comment and apply now.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Long overdue CS:

Username: Dax

Character Name: Galen Darkblade

Race: Dark Elf

Magic: Dark Elemental Magic

Appearance: Standing at 6’1, Galen is of normal height for his race. He is rather slim, weighing at 155 pounds making him quite agile and fast. His hair is snow white and drops to about 5 inches below his shoulders; they are always tied in a neat pony-tail. His eyes are mainly purple, although they tend to change color when he uses magic for some apparent reason. Galen always carries without exception a smooth staff made of black wood with a fist-sized, un-cut ruby somehow pounded into place, keeping it from moving. He has a small dagger sheathed on his left hip, but that is mainly used for domestic purposes (i.e. skinning, crafting, etc.). Galen wears very simple brown, leather sandals that maximize his movement all while being comfortable. In between the staff and the sandals, there is the robe. It is dark silver on its body and black on borders and edges. There is some writing in a luminescent dark blue written over the black edges, simply saying who fabricated it, for who it was intended, what is was made for, etc. The writing is sowed in Dark Elven hieroglyphs and symbols.

Personality: (I tend to develop a lot in RPs and it may change depending on the character of the other player’s characters, in which case I might edit or just say to disregard this part altogether)
Galen, contrary to his race’s normal behavior, is abnormally out-going, friendly and sociable. Instead of being included in his society because of his open-mindedness as such child would be in a human scenario, he was cast aside because he was different. He never faltered from his original personality, though, and still holds a very sociable complexion. He is very opinionated, likes to play with words and/or likes to just plain-out charm people. However, he does have a darker side.

In some dark moods, he becomes a cruel, disgusting beast. He seems to fall into a frenzy and sees all red, if you will. He knows no mercy and can be known to kill innocents if they do not comply with him when he is in this dark mood. Some say his studies in Dark Elemental Magic has caused this, others say that it was impossible for a Dark Elf to be this nice, hence the innate evil nature of his race had to come out somewhere.

Traits (Fill in the two sections below)
Strengths
    [smooth talker]
    [powerful summoner]
    [rather intelligent]
    [high mental/intellectual endurance]

Weaknesses
    [horrible at close combat]
    [slightly clumsy]
    [low physical endurance]
    [weak enchanter]
    [weak magic defenses (unless his summoned creature or his staff take the blow instead)]

Equipment:

-Utility Knife (for domestic needs, explained in appearance)

-Staff

-Personal medical herbs

-Ruby ring (Silver body with a smooth ruby incrusted in the middle. It is purely for decoration and is from his late master.)

Bio: Galen Darkblade was born to the most ordinary of ordinary families there are in a Dark Elf community living in a remote area of the Hiemalia shelf on the continent of Aureanus. His father was a smith, had a stay-home mother and he had two sisters and a brother, all older than him. Immediately after Galen’s birth, his parents realized he wasn’t like the other children or even his own siblings. The child smiled incessantly, never cried and was not a pain to have at all. That, in the Dark Elf community, is very rare, very rare indeed. Because of this ‘condition’, Galen had barely any friends (oddly enough) and was shunned by even his own brothers and sisters. Galen’s parents and the community thought that it was best to isolate this ‘different’ child, thinking that him being alone with himself will come to realize that his general up-beat nature is generally unpleasant and will come to hate himself, thus changing his character. It failed miserably.

Eventually, somewhere in the teen stage of Galen’s life, he was fed up with his people. Instead of the isolation making him hate his own character it just made him loathe his people for such barbaric acts committed to one of their own. He decided to run away with nothing more than a few small pies, a knife that he still holds today and the clothes on his back. He ran away to the Aureanus port, living as a stealer and a beggar. At first he was impossibly thin and sickly, but as the years went by, he eventually got the hang of being light on his feet and being able to feed himself. He was, however, never to become great at this life-style because of his general physical clumsiness. It wasn’t easy, but it looked like there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Then ‘he’ showed up. In one of Galen’s low-tier regular burglaries, Galen was proceeding to take the scraps of meat and vegetables from a house where the occupants were soundly sleeping. Then, out of nowhere, it happened. A shadowy figure in a dark silver robe with black edges and borders, coupled with strange, glowing symbols all while holding a black staff incrusted with a ruby, had appeared before him. He had done so with no sound and looked as if he had been there the whole time. Indeed, he had manipulated the shadows into hiding his person, only revealing himself when deemed necessary. The man stood before Galen, who was speechless. The dark man, as he introduced himself, was the only Elemental mage in the city-port. His specialty: the Dark Elements. As it turned out, the man had been watching Galen for awhile and pondered over when was the good time to come forth. Apparently, the middle of a robbery was a good time. Anyway, the man finally asked him if he wanted to learn the ways of the Dark elements, for he was ageing and was desperate for someone to pass on his knowledge. Apparently, there aren’t many willing souls in this washed-out port. Galen, having no idea what he was getting himself into, accepted out of curiosity.

Many years passed and after countless lessons, practices and summons, Galen was finally ready. He became a Dark Elementalist. Unfortunately, soon after Galen’s ‘graduation’, his master and father-figure passed away, relinquishing all of his worldly possessions to him; his student. This way, Galen inherited all of his master’s items and tools; he even got the small, run-down house near the port district, which suited Galen’s needs exquisitely. Galen has been living in that house for over 200 years (still a young adult by Dark elven standards) and longs for the time he can visit his deserted people. Only time will tell. For now, the Dark Elementalist lives alone.

Last edited by Dax on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Your CS is very interesting, Dax. The only thing that I have a problem with it is that Jaeltreg Forest is in Gelbeterron, not Aureanus. Not to worry though, mistakes do happen and I am certainly not a person who hounds down on the mistake like some sort of perfectionist. Character is accepted (though make sure to change the continents when you've got the time ^_^)

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:38 pm

No Problem, I will do it right now. Let me just fix that up and make it coherent.

Edit: I made that town of Dark Elves like in a remote area of the Hiemalia Shelf.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down