FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Lose Sight of the Shore

Go down

To Lose Sight of the Shore Empty To Lose Sight of the Shore

Post by OmegaPancake Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 am

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

--Andre Gide

"I don't love him," she grumbled one night, her head resting sullenly on her hands. There was little Ethan could do or say--after all, she was the one who had married the man. "I mean, I don't know. I love him. But I've never really been in love with him. You know?"

"I've never been married," her dinner companion admitted with a smile. "You'd think in all my years, I might have been--but never once."

The woman stared at him, perplexed. "In all your years?" she said, raising an eyebrow. "You can't be more than thirty, can you, Ethan? You've hardly started living yet." It had been a long and interesting evening, and he didn't feel like ruining it with petty corrections. "I'm sure you'll find yourself a nice girl to settle down with before long."

He looked pensive. "Perhaps," he said, putting his hand over his chest as though he was covering his heart. It was on the wrong side of his chest, but even if he was confused, the gesture was there all the same. He'd always been a little confused on that matter. "I suppose ere long, everybody finds
someone, even if they aren't who they'd always had in mind, hm?"

"Exactly," the woman agreed with a smile. "That's the spirit. Well, it was lovely meeting you, Ethan, but my husband will be getting home tonight, and I ought to be home to greet him." With that, she stood, her fingers sweeping the table as she went. "Don't worry about the tab," she assured him. "It's on me."

Well! Now that I've shown you that tiny bit of an introduction, I suppose I ought to give you a clue as to what this whole deal is about, eh?

You see, my dears, I have been looking for quite some time to start a one-on-one roleplay, but it seems the pool of suitable victi--err, I mean partners! Partners. The pool of suitable partners has been small, nigh unto nonexistent. All I seem to get is unintelligent drivel from twelve year old girls (not to say there aren't smart twelve year old girls, the smart ones just aren't the ones who want to role play with me).

What I'm looking for is a realistic plot, intermingled with a bit of fantasy here and there because I can't help myself when it comes to things like that. We would, as you might have guessed, be exploring the budding affair between the individuals above. I'd like to have a partner who could manage both the woman and her husband's characters, though if needbe we can work around that (either I can play the husband or we can introduce a third member into our merry band occasionally). I haven't got too much set in stone about either husband or wife, aside from a bit of background information for you to poke at!

So, I suppose I should tell you about the characters, before I ask you to dive into the abyss with me.

The Woman

A fairly average young wife, this woman is only in her early twenties and has no children. She and her husband have recently moved back to his childhood hometown where there is a branch of the company he works for. Because of his frequent business trips and seeming disinterest in her, she finds herself more and more disillusioned with their outwardly "perfect" relationship.

The Husband

A very driven man, he spends much of his time away, climbing the ranks of the company he's been employed in since he started college. He now makes decent money, and lives with his young wife in the town he's spent his best years in. However, he is very focused on his work, and sometiems does not pay his young wife the attention she feels she deserves.

Ethan Hyatt

The "new kid on the block," as it were, Ethan is a young man of considerable mystery. He has only moved into the small town within the past few months, and it seems the community hasn't gotten used to his odd and somewhat eccentric ways just yet. Still, he's helpful, and it seems that despite his oddities, he isn't out to hurt anyone, so he's a welcome addition.

Now, if it isn't obvious, I'd want to start the roleplay up BEFORE there was any sort of relationship, to develop characters and build chemistry. This roleplay is a bit different than the ones I'm used to, but I'm of the opinion that one should try new things! If there's anything I missed, or any questions, feel free to post about them and I will answer them ASAP.
OmegaPancake
OmegaPancake
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down