FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning My Recent Inactivity

+4
Shadow Moonseye
Sighlent
Bird of Hermes
Weiss
8 posters

Go down

Concerning My Recent Inactivity Empty Concerning My Recent Inactivity

Post by Weiss Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 pm

I felt it was only fair to provide some type of outline as to why I've been scarce lately, since I don't want anyone thinking that I've vanished for good, only to return infrequently for the sake of obligation.

A few things have contributed to my recent inactivity. My father suffered a severe stroke and is still in rehabilitation. His condition is bad, and they're uncertain whether he'll ever make a full recovery. Supposedly, the rehabilitation is near as likely to cause another stroke or a heart attack as it is to lead him down a path of recovery.

To make matters worse, my previous living environment became so...unstable that I was forced to find a new place to live. The move, as well as the conditions of my new - very temporary - residence are little improvements to the previous, and there's been a lot of stress and tension floating about.

Just when I figured things were manageable and that I could find a way to make everything work out, my mother had a mental breakdown and attempted suicide, cutting herself and overdosing on medication. I visited her in the Emergency Room on the night it happened and found myself riddled with mixed feelings, but in the end she's still my mother.

Unfortunately, with her currently institutionalized for psychiatric evaluation, my younger brother and sister are in my older brother's custody and there's a lot that needs doing all over the map.

To put it simply, everything exploded. Add unemployment and the seeming inability to secure work beyond odd jobs to the list and I have a good bit on my plate. If not for my natural inclination toward unerring placidity, I'd likely be joining my mother in the psych ward.

I apologize that I haven't been around. I realize that the very purpose of my stepping in as an administrator was to fill the gap left while Fate took her hiatus. I have been checking back frequently to see to things that need doing, and I've found that there's pleasantly very little disturbance to speak of. The staff has been doing a great job keeping everything up to par and the users have been very cooperative on that front.

I'll be making an attempt at putting together the Monthly Features for this month, since I do have some free time at the moment. Also, if anyone needs anything, has any questions, etc., please feel free to PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Concerning My Recent Inactivity Empty Re: Concerning My Recent Inactivity

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 pm

I hope that everything turns out well for you in the end, Weiss. We'll be here for you when you come back.

And don't worry about those Monthly Features too much!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Oh Weiss, that is really pretty bad hun! I'm super sorry about everything that's going on right now and believe me when I say that I'm pretty sure we can all understand where you're coming from. Most of us are getting to the age now, if not already past it, where we're starting to realize just how old we're getting and by that I mean in terms of our relatives so to speak our grandparents and parents.

Just this past year my grandmother died from cancer, something which she only battled with for about half a year before passing on. Things like this, they happen so suddenly and I can almost understand where your mother was coming from and however I don't agree with how she handled it, what makes it even worse is that she's leaving you and your siblings to have to handle this all on your own. Basically, you almost lost 2 parents in one hit and that's some pretty heavy shit to cope with on top of everything else!

All I'm saying is that we're here for you if you need us, and our prayers are with you and your family. Just take care ok?
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Weiss, I'm so sorry that life dumped all that on your plate at once. I know sorry isn't much in the face of all that, but I really hope that everything works out for you and that things become more...stable, I guess.

If you ever need to talk, shoot me a message on skype, I've been on it a lot recently.

And don't stress over those monthly features, the other members of the staff and I are more than happy to help you out.

You and your family are in my thoughts and again I really hope that everything works out for you here in the near future.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:53 am

Oh Weiss. We completely understand. When life hits a bad spot it seems to dump everything at once. We have missed you, of course. Because we really really like you.

And that also means at least I understand completely. I hope that everything will start to get back together. I dearly hope that you and the people around will start to feel better and heal.

I haven't know you for long, but if you want to talk, don't be afraid to send me a PM, email or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:53 pm

That placidity of yours is a valuable asset, but be careful not to bury things inside. Make use of healthful outlet -- like FOG. Aww

We're all with you, Weiss. You've got a great support team here whenever you have need of us, so please take advantage of it. And thanks for letting us all know what's going on. Now I know more specifically what to pray for. Smile

It's times like this especially where I wish we could be there in person. Still, we'll do what we can -- that's a certainty. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Weiss,

I don't think we've actually ever talked, and I can't begin to imagine the craziness that is your life right now, but I just wanted to add my support to that of everyone else. I hope things turn around for you, and for your family, soon. I'm not sure why you would, not knowing me and all, but if you ever need to, consider my PM box open to you as well.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:37 pm

I feel the same as wakeangel above. I'm so sorry about all that crap, but I'm sure that you can pull through it in the end. Smile Stress is a temporary thing - and you have lots of people on FOG who are here to make it better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:31 am

I forgot to mention this earlier. You probably know this already, but still I was going to say that it's always a good idea to spend some time outdoors in nature, if you can. It's helpful even when life is going well, but especially in times of stress I think being around trees and other natural surroundings goes a long way. It puts things in perspective and can be uplifting and inspiring. Plants never give up, life goes on, that sort of thing. And, I don't know if you're very religious, but for me I always feel closer to God in that environment. And, you know, just the general calmness, the stillness, serenity, very alleviating.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Every little bit helps, right? Very Happy

Or, just to cheer you up a bit, you could always take my new antidepressant drug: Afterol.

It's a small world. Sometimes the squeeze is so tight, it's hard to fit inside.
Afterol®️ can help.

Afterol ®
~ You know it will
all turn out right. ~

(or)

Afterol ®
For your small,
small world.

Aww
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:45 am

I appreciate the support, everyone. I'm not very good at saying heartfelt things, or responding to them for that matter, but your sentiments are appreciated.

There's nothing to worry over, though. I put everything into my Constitution score. It'll take more than a few life problems to bring me down.

Now, if life happens to roll a natural 20...that's when you should be concerned.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:45 am

The member 'Weiss' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'20-Sided Dice' :
Concerning My Recent Inactivity 20sided
Result : 18
Game Master
Game Master
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Oh, an eighteen! You're safe.

Wait. Life isn't a daggermaster wielding a dagger, is it?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Let's go!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:13 pm

The member 'Sighlent' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'20-Sided Dice' :
Result : 5
Game Master
Game Master
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Forgive me for detracting from the purpose of this thread, but how do you get those dice rolls? I've been confused about that for a long time...

Back to the thread topic, I hope life is treating you better, Weiss!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 pm

When you click "PostReply," you can see the dice roll section below the Preview and Send buttons. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 pm

The member 'Kalon Ordona II' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'20-Sided Dice' :
Result : 17
Game Master
Game Master
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Ooooh...I see it now! Usually I just go with quick reply, so I never even noticed that until now. Cool! cheers
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down