FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Place In Space OOC:

3 posters

Go down

Our Place In Space OOC: Empty Our Place In Space OOC:

Post by LittleSun1 Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Welcome to the A23 Beta, your semi-permanent home for... Well, however long it take to get back to Earth. Feel free to skip the section labeled story if you’ve already read the interest check.

The Story

Spoiler:

Setting

The A23 Beta:

Spoiler:

Planet B66

Spoiler:

Character Sheet
Name:
Age: (Must be at least 18, 22+ if educated past high school)
Description: (General appearance and civilian clothes. NO pictures.)
Profession and Education/Training(if any):
History: (Not a novel, but what was their life like before the A23? Why did they choose to leave? What are their favorite memories of earth? What are their worst?)
Personality: (Flaws and highpoints. Likes and dislikes. Strengths, fears, and weaknesses. How has their past shaped their behavior in the present?)
Who They Left Behind:
Handicap(If not included above):

Characters
1. Reginah Althea Haspark ~ LittleSun1
2. John ~ JohnChristopher

Rules
1. Follow all Advanced Roleplaying rules and guidelines.
2. Make good quality, creative posts. Make attempts to involve other people (if possible), and strive to have something new, original, or just plain interesting in every post. Stretch your writing muscles!
3. Even if the setting isn’t true to life, realism is key. This goes for romance, action, dialogue, and characters. No love at first sight or ninja moves for us.
4. Make sure to thoroughly spell check, read through, and edit every post. Try to read them aloud, if at all possible, as this usually brings any rough spots to light.
5. If you think it’s appropriate, and it doesn’t break any rules, then it probably is.
6. Follow your character. If it’s something you really think they’d do, then the rest of us will just have to live with it.

This roleplay will likely begin as our characters are just waking up from stasis. They’re all in one relatively small section of the Cryogenics Zone; The one grid that didn’t completely malfunction. From there, I guess we’ll see where it goes!

Anyway, I suppose it’s just a matter of waiting for character bios now. I’ll continue work on mine, and await your own! Ideas and suggestions, as always, are more than welcome.
Apologizes for the length,
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
LittleSun1
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Our Place In Space OOC: Empty Re: Our Place In Space OOC:

Post by Lara Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Can I still claim a spot, or will you need my completed sheet first? =) I've got name, age, and description entirely written out already; profession and education, I have outlined but just need to put in a coherent form. I just need to work through history and personality.

Edit: Everything except history and personality is written. I'm just having huge issues writing both remaining sections; history, because I've included so much of it in other parts of the profile, and personality, because I always have a hard time writing it all out in sheet form.

Last edited by Lara on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnChristopher Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Hey I'm here. I feel so simplistic with my name as just "John." I'll change thename if I feel the need to, I guess.

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Name: Leanne Aster
Description: Leanne is tall yet skinny, standing around 5'8" and weighing in (last she checked; she's so forgetful about these things sometimes) around 125 pounds. Keeping her frame shaped enough to be able to bend and twist into the strangest places (required of her by her job, especially back when she was still apprenticing) is, thankfully, not so difficult due to a fast metabolism (and the occasional moment of forgetfulness when she's fixing something).

Leanne's clothing style is one that leans on the tighter side (because she doesn't want baggy clothing catching on anything while she's working), yet still remains as comfortable as she can make it. Her legs are usually covered by jeans (which are in turn covered in at least one belt filled with various tools), but her arms sometimes remain out in the open when she rolls up the sleeves of whatever t-shirt she decides to throw on. Her hands usually sport a pair of industrial working gloves, which hang off one of her belts whenever she isn't wearing them, clipped securely on (she goes nowhere without them). One of the few personal touches to her outfit is a slightly worn bandanna, which more often than not ends up around her neck rather than on top of her fiery red hair.

Leanne has made several attempts at keeping her hair orderly, one of the most recent including cutting its length to where the longest bits barely skim the top of her shoulders. What can reach is sometimes put up into a ponytail, but the un-layered nature of her hair tends to make it stick out in all sorts of directions, so she leaves that as a last resort. No matter how badly she tries to keep it in line, however, a few sections often end up hanging in front of her face, especially while she's working. It also isn't uncommon to see her tucking said sections back behind her ear in a vain attempt to keep them out of the way.

To go along with the red hair, Leanne's eyes are a bright shade of emerald. Her pale skin is yet another tribute to her Scottish heritage, and the same goes for the faint dash of freckles across the bridge of her nose.

Profession and Education/Training(if any): Leanne graduated school at 18 with a high school diploma and a degree in self-taught tinkering. Rather than bother with college, she managed to get accepted into an internship, or apprenticeship as she liked to think of it, with a middle-class repair team. After a year and a half of running errands and scouring messy workshops for specific tools, she was finally initiated as a member of the crew, and she lasted at that level until she turned 21. It was then that she heard of a higher-classed team who was looking for another crew member. She threw out a few investigative lines and received a bite a couple of weeks later, to her delight. She was with that team for two years, until the irresistible temptation of the A23 Beta.

History: The burst of joy that comes from every job well done. The look of happiness on her mother’s face whenever she comes to visit. …The feeling of sadness that came from the times when her brother, at his most stressed, would jerk his arm away and walk off. The utter despair that she fell into when her father passed away.

Leanne threw herself even harder into her work after her father died, at first refusing to talk about the reasons behind his death or acknowledging anyone when they tried to make her feel better. Over time, she dealt with her grief in her own way and returned to normal, but she still doesn’t like to talk about it. Her mother’s illness was another kick in the gut of her emotions when it first began to show that it was more than a simple disease, but rather than spiral back down into the sea of emotions she felt with her father’s passing, she threw on a smile and acted as though everything was normal, though she once again worked even harder. One of the main reasons Leanne chose to join the crew of the A23 was to help pay for her mother’s treatment – before boarding, she had worked out a deal with the people in charge to send all of the money home to her family. The other reason? The idea of working on the advanced technology that the A23 had to offer.

Personality: Doesn’t enjoy long lengths of “unnecessary” group interaction. Dislikes idle gossip and chatter, though often rambles when others are around while she’s working or when nervous. When alone while working, she often ends up humming or whistling without realizing it.

Doesn’t care much about “prettying herself up”, especially since she’ll just get dirty again later when she has to fix something. Tends to throw herself into her work, wanting to do the best job possible so that everyone, herself included, is satisfied with the end result. Often forgetful when it comes to things like eating and sleeping while trying to fix something. Enjoys long showers after the day is done, and uses them as a way of relaxing.

Considers herself to have a great logical mind, and deals with problems with a “how can I fix this?” attitude. Doesn’t often cry, at least not in public, and while she’s willing to talk about her past if the conversation comes up, likely won’t mention that part of the reason she tried so hard for a position on the A23 is because her mother is ill and needs the money for treatment. Rarely talks about her family at all, in fact, and often attempts to change the subject if the topic does come up and questions are directed her way.

Is a good listener when you can catch her not working or heading off to fix something. Is very good with even the smallest of details, and if she gives you her attention, she’s not likely to miss much of what you’ve said.

Fears, weaknesses, and other traits to be addressed if and when they come up, but at the very least, Leanne is not afraid of standard things such as cramped spaces or spiders thanks to the nature of her work.

Who They Left Behind: Mother (51) and older brother (27). Leanne has always been very close to her mother, and has grown even more so since her mother was diagnosed with what looked to be a high-strung type of cancer. That same diagnosis put a bit of a strain on her relationship with her older brother, if only because his workload doubled as he attempted to work enough to pay for their mother’s visits to the hospital.

Handicap(If not included above): A mechanic’s nightmare, Leanne wakes up to find that her right arm, from the shoulder to the tips of her fingers, is completely paralyzed. If not for the fact that she could see it, she would hardly be able to believe it was still attached to her body.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down