FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented]

+2
Bird of Hermes
Sunwolf007
6 posters

Go down

Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented] Empty Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented]

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Now that we have more than 5 or 6 topics for monthly feature winners I was thinking that maybe a hall of fame topic is in order. Like a topic that is updated every month with the new winners and links to all the previous winners as well as the month and year they won. You could have it stickied and locked to regular posters and just have the mods update it with the new winners. I know I brought it up before but I don't think anyone seriously thought about it.

Last edited by Weiss on Mon May 03, 2010 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to indicate that the suggestion has been implemented.)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented] Empty Re: Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented]

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:51 pm

I think that would be kind of a neat little thing to have and not that hard to do.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented] Empty Re: Monthly Features Hall of Fame [Implemented]

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Actually I think Fate has already agreed to do that (I believe that was her intention from the start). She just never got around to compiling the official records. Now would be a good time to start though. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 pm

I kinda thought so. It would be neat to have a hall of fame. I can't wait to see it in action.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 am

I really like this idea, and I hope it's accomplished. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 am

First, I don't recall Fate ever mentioning compiling a Hall of Fame for monthly features, nor do I think it's a good idea to go around saying that she did or didn't agree to this or that unless you can provide a link to the post where she stated such. Sorry if that comes off sounding rather blunt or aggressive, but I'm not big on having empty claims of, "Fate said this would happen," thrown at me when, or because, she's not around to confirm or deny it.

Most likely, it isn't going to happen, because of my second point: the very forum in which the Monthly Features are contained is basically a Hall of Fame. They go in that forum and they stay there, in the first post of their respective month, for the duration of the board's life. If the Monthly Features were temporary or could be drowned out by other threads that are unrelated, I might agree that having a Hall of Fame is a good idea, since that was the reasoning behind a Hall of Fame for the contest winners. As it stands, though, I believe adding a topic for a Hall of Fame to a forum that is basically a Hall of Fame would be pretty redundant.

So, unless there's a convincing argument as to why this would be useful, I don't think it needs to be added.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:13 am

Personally, its the organization that bothers me. Say you were looking for an old RP or image thread that was featured but you don't know what month it was. You would have to search through the existing topics until you found what you were looking for. As it stands we have 10 topics to dig through and that number is only going to increase. If there was a topic listing all of the MFs then it would be easy to sift through the list and find what you were looking for. Like I said before back when we only had 4 or 5 topics that was alright. Now that it is growing into double digit numbers we may want to reorganize it so that the threads and members recognized previously are never forgotten because they are mentioned in an old topic that no one looks at anymore.

I don't know if it is a criteria but if taking into account previous features for the new Monthly features does happen the list would aid those who chose members. If you had a long list of winning topics you wouldn't have to look in 10 different topics to find previous winners to make sure you were not doubling up on features.

Those are the only two reasons that I suggested the idea. I may want to look at old RP threads that were featured to gain ideas for an upcoming RP or to look at how they organized their RP. Or maybe I want to see who has been featured the most for images before looking up their thread for a new sig. A condensed hall of fame list in one topic would help in those instances. I know that if I am looking for something that I don't want to look in a possible 10 different spots to find it.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Weiss wrote:First, I don't recall Fate ever mentioning compiling a Hall of Fame for monthly features, nor do I think it's a good idea to go around saying that she did or didn't agree to this or that unless you can provide a link to the post where she stated such. Sorry if that comes off sounding rather blunt or aggressive, but I'm not big on having empty claims of, "Fate said this would happen," thrown at me when, or because, she's not around to confirm or deny it.

All I have to say is that I feel like I just got hit by a 2x4. Disgust

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

That's a good point, Sunwolf. The part about having to look back for previous winners was something I had to take some time to handle when I was first doing the Monthly Features, actually. I compiled a list of all of the winners for every topic that I've been keeping updated with all the new winners. However, I suppose the Monthly Features can serve as a reference for things, rather than just a trophy case for previous winners.

I suppose that makes the Hall of Fame idea a lot more valuable.

Alright, then. I'll work on compiling the list and place a sticky'd Hall of Fame topic at the top of the Monthly Features forum.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you for all your hard work, Weiss.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Happy to be of service. [Takes a shallow bow.]
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Out of curiosity, who was the whiny I'll-delete-my-account-because-I-got-hit-by-a-2x4 person? Smile
Guest wrote:
Weiss wrote:First, I don't recall Fate ever mentioning compiling a Hall of Fame for monthly features, nor do I think it's a good idea to go around saying that she did or didn't agree to this or that unless you can provide a link to the post where she stated such. Sorry if that comes off sounding rather blunt or aggressive, but I'm not big on having empty claims of, "Fate said this would happen," thrown at me when, or because, she's not around to confirm or deny it.

All I have to say is that I feel like I just got hit by a 2x4. Disgust
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:41 pm

I don't know for certain.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Um...I know who it was but I don't want to name drop, as I like that person and am sad that they left.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Was Weiss's comment the reason that person left?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 pm

I honestly don't know. Both actions happened within reasonable enough time to assume that it might be the case.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:31 pm

The account belonged to DJ Agenda, and yes, I'm pretty much positive that I'm the reason he left - supported by my having asked another member of the forums if such was the case - because of both the removal of the theme-switcher and the events in this thread. It's unfortunate that he felt it was worth leaving the forums over, but it's out of my hands, and no longer my concern.

Besides, there's another member who left today for reasons that I have yet to find out; and he's the one I'm more concerned about, because his reasons for leaving are a complete mystery to me.

Anyway, I'm locking this topic, since the thread's original topic has been implemented as a feature on the site and the conversation can only continue veering off course from here.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down