FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 28 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:49 am

Several. Foot (once) , fingertips (God knows how many times) , hand (once) , leg (once) , ribs (3 times now), annnnnnd I think that's it. Most of it was from sports. (Football helmets plus fingers....helmet always wins.) Other times from.....altercations we shall call them.

Same question! Have you ever broken a bone?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 28 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Shekinah Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:00 am

Nevah!

Have you ever been hospitalized? (apart from the broken bones thingy Razz)
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Several times. Some serious, some not so much. What can I say, I've lived a full life.

What has been the best job you ever had?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eris Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Best and worst job I've ever had was... Starbucks. Definitely Starbucks. Wink I loved the atmosphere and people, but the hours were hard. Opening the store at 4:30 is not my favorite thing in the world...

What's your favorite musical? (and you better have one! xD jk )
Eris
Eris
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:54 am

I can't really say, truth be told. I always suck at pointing out favourites (be they music/films/books/etc) Razz Still, a few that I really like are Chicago and Moulin Rouge!, plus the Disney stuff - The Lion King for one. It's a long list really, I'm just pointing out the ones at the top of my head.

Same question, so someone more passionate about the subject can give a proper reply. Wink
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:49 am

JOSEPH AND THE TECHNICOLOUR DREAMCOAT.

I am 20 years old and I have loved that musical since I was six. My mother found a tape (one of the ones you put in a boombox/stereo/old thing they don't build anymore) one Christmas and I spent the entire month listening to it. I know every word, I know every song and I finally bought the movie. There is literally no musical I love more than that and - in all honesty - I would punch a panda if it got me tickets to see it live.

... So... what's the movie you're most excited about this month?
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:31 am

Paranormal Activity 2. I plan to go see it alone tomorrow. I would have gone to see it with my friends a week ago, but my Grandma just had a birthday and I was kind of guilt tripped into backing out and going to see her. It was fun though. Anyway, the first movie was pretty much the only horror that really had me freaked out even after I left the theater and I really enjoyed it plus as a Entertainment Arts/Animation major I thought the set up of the whole movie to be interesting and since I've heard the Second one's better I'm really looking forward to it. I should watch sometime in the morning though since I'm going to see it alone. >.>
___

What band would you kill to see live and why?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 am

Blind Guardian, without a doubt. Every time I've watched their live performances via YouTube or other such, I've been amazed at the...the...energy of it all. Not to mention that, in Germany at least, the audience fucking rocks. You have people singing their entire songs along. Plus they sing about some of my favourite works of fiction. Next year they are coming over here, so I really hope I'll get a chance to see them!

Do you think that humanity is ready to face a vastly different civilisation than our own? Something completely un-human like?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm

That depends on how technologically advanced they are. If they're extremely under us, I think Earth'll be happy to be the 'amazing super race' and help them to develop until the monsters we make of them consume us in a hilarious fit of irony. If they're extremely above us, we're gonna cling to them like they're gods and the resulting division between talking to them/blowing them out of the sky because they look 'scary' will cause such a rift amongst humanity that we'll blow ourselves up, prove to be too dangerous, and the alien race will either a) destroy us, b) fly away and never return and tell its alien friends not to visit or c) think we're so destructive that we're made into their slave warriors to kill their enemies and/or regular slaves because we'd be like monkeys.

THE ONLY WAY we'd peacefully accept a new race without much blood shed is if we encountered two races and one of them sided with us in war against the other. That's how humans know who our friends are: we fight with them. The war will eventually resolve one way or another, but at the end of that, we'll have new space-buddies and everyone will be happy. So yes, if they become our allies in war. NO PEACE. WE DON'T WANT IT. Mad It's creepy and we'll blow you up 'cause humans roll like that.

--

You make a clone of yourself to get a new heart but you end up befriending it. Do you still take the heart?
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eris Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Wow, what a hard ethics question! I suppose I would still take the heart, because that was it's intended purpose. But that just sounds waaay too heartless to me. Maybe that's why I need a new heart. xD But seriously, I think I can't really put myself into that kind of situation. I'd have to actually experience it in order to figure out what I'd do.

--

You are friends with a married couple and one of them confides in you that they are having an affair. Would you feel obliged to tell their partner or would you keep quiet?
Eris
Eris
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm

I for one don't tolerate cheating in the least. Cheating on your partner, especially when married, should always result in immediate termination of the relationship and the chater should be PUBLICLY STONED FOR THE CRIME OF ADULTRY!

I'd tell the other person in a heart beat. After kicking the crap out of the dirty no good cheating son of a..... You get the point.
_

Okay.

The Star Wars galaxy is real and you're a Jedi Knight. Your best friend joins the Dark Side and you're sent on a mission to take them out. Do you complete the mission as ordered or do you join the Dark Side to be with your friend again?
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:49 pm

I would do my best to bring them back (from the Dark Side, that is). If they resisted, I would attempt to disarm them. If necessary, as a last resort, I would kill them. My past RP experience was in a Star Wars universe... and I had a reputation for being one of the "purest" or "truest" Jedi on the site.

_____

Pick any three famous thinkers, dead or alive, that you would like to have a lengthy discussion with. Who would they be, why them (if you can think of an exact reason/example), and, briefly, what would your first topic of discussion be?
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Jesus Christ, Nostradamus and Aristotle. The first two because of their 'popularity'. Some might not consider them to be thinkers, but I do. I want to know the people behind the names, because especially those two are more names and archetypes and idols and stuff than a real person. Aristotle because I've always wanted to meet him if it would be possible.

First topic? God/religion of course.

If you could be any musician, who'd you want to be and why?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Ke$ha. That girl has zero responsibilities, rarely writes her own songs, doesn't actually sing, and her music is pretty damn catchy. Can you say 'easy life'? I would like to stop being her once she ultimately overdoses on Jack Daniels, though.

Second choice is Justin Timberlake. That man can do no wrong, but he actually has to work, which is a downer.

If you could be a movie star for a day, which star and which day (a normal Tuesday or a birthday...?)
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Johnny Depp. He's one of my favourite actors ever and I'd pick a normal day on which he has to work, as I'd simply just want to know how he does it. Other actors I'd want to be for the same reason are: Adrien Brody, Tadanobu Asano, Javier Bardem and Russell Crowe.

What do you collect? (if anything)
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

I collect feathers. I pick them up whenever I find them. I have all of the ones my pet bird drops.

What is your favorite color?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Blue! I don't know why... it used to be green, but changed at some point.

Who is a famous figure that you hold a lot of respect for? If you feel like sharing, why them?
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:52 am

Hmm. I don't know. I don't much care for celebrities. I think they are represented completely falsely and that a lot of them are NOT very respectable. I suppose I could say Justin Sane, the lead singer of Anti-Flag. He is very much so a peace supporter and actively gets out the word, interacts with his 'fans' (we're more people who gather for the same cause), and he actually DOES something about his belief. Plus, he doesn't get a lot of media attention. (Punk rock never does.)

Since this is an interesting question, I think I'd like to ask it again.

"Who is a famous figure that you hold a lot of respect for? If you feel like sharing, why them?"
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 am

None really. I mean, why would I have (more) respect for someone because he/she happens to be famous? I don't know these people, all I know about them is what I read about them in newspapers, on the internet etc. and I don't know if that's the (whole) truth. Also, I know a lot of them do 'good work' like charity and stuff, but I mean, if I'd have that much money I'd do too, because it's so much easier to do so when you're that rich. So, no one really. They're just people like you and me, I'd have to get to know them better.

What do your friends hate about you/what do they think is annoying about you?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:07 am

I'll admit it. I can be a cocky son of a bitch sometimes.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life. Who would it be?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 am

Tool, if a band counts. They are innovative, sharp, good, intelligent and they keep surprising me. And of course, Maynard's voice is one of the best.

What's for dinner tonight?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

I'm thinking Moe's (reaaaaally good fast-food Mexican) after my jazz rehearsal so I have energy for swing dancing tonight!

What is one book or book series that you feel really impacted your writing style and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh goodness. I don't know. I suppose I could say anything that Tolkien has written. He made me want to strive for good, complex style and the use of detail. I mean, I don't try to be Tolkien. I just mean that reading Tolkien makes me want to write with description and great style.

What writer do you try to NOT write like?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Stephanie Meyer

Boxers or briefs?

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Same, haha. She writes like an 8th grader.

Well, I wouldn't know, being a girl. I've worn boxers before to sleep in, and they're just like shorts. I don't think they'd be comfortable under girl jeans though haha.

Hm, what to ask, what to ask.

What band do you think is most over-rated and why?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Die Antwoord. I think they're more created because of the hype than because of anything else. Sure; they formed the band (whatever you want to call it) themselves, but it's mainly because of the big media attention (over here anyway) and the Facebook-users who put their songs on their profile, what they get their being famous from. I've read that they have sharp and edgy lyrics, with mass critic against vulnerable topics in society, and that's all good, but that doesn't mean you're a good band/musician/whatever. It just means you know what doors to knock on to get a reply. I get the feeling they're only called good because of what they write and that once they're passed the first stage of being famous (people starting to know who you are, where you're from, having bought your first album and shit) they turn around completely and get ruled by whatever the people want them to sing about. Well, that's easy money making. But there are a lot of other bands I think are over-rated, which I can't think of right now.

What's one job you'd never EVER want to have?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 pm

I agree with what you're saying about bands once they get famous - they just have to do what pleases the masses after that.

Teacher. Without a doubt. I will never, ever be a teacher. Yes, my degree will be in English. And yes, I should pick up my Ed minor as a fall back. And I still might. But I never, never, never want to be a teacher. I hate going to school five days a week as it is (not that I hate having something to do five days a week; I hate having to be in school.) I don't have the patience for it; I don't like children. Everything about it sounds like hell.

What is one job that you absolutely WANT to have?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:04 pm

I absolutely WANT to have a job as a marine biologist. Heck, that's the whole reason why I'm in grad school right now. Once I get my master's, I want to work for a government research lab doing something with marine mammals and/or conservation, behavior, bioacoustics, etc. I definitely want lots of field work (e.g., time on research vessels and lots of scuba diving) and to go to research conferences and share my findings with the general public. If I can get people to care about our oceans, maybe they'll be more prone to take action to keep from messing them up for future generations.

Do I sound like a science nerd yet? Thought so Razz

If you could replay one event from your life, what would it be and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 am

Gee, I don't know. I don't think I'd want to do that... I mean, when I look back at things, everything that has happened, is what brought me to this point in my life and who I am right now. I've experienced a lot of difficulties, maybe too many already, who's to say? But they have helped me form me to the person I am right now. It's kind of the same answer as: what would you want to change about yourself/your life, well the answer is: nothing, not REALLY. And if I don't want to change anything about my life or my past, it's no use to replay an event either. What's happened has happened and what's done is done. Even something nice as the awesome Muse concert I went to last June, or the awesome dance festical RockIt I went to last July isn't something I would want to replay. It's where it belongs and if I want to go again, I'll go again next year Very Happy I'll only get messed up because of the mixed memories RazzWink

Are you the forgiving type of person?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:31 am

Sometimes, sometimes I am not. It really depends on just what it was that was done. There are some things that can be easily forgiven and there are some that just can't be very well.

Since that is a good question I ask it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next