FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering on in

+2
ImmortalSin
Guilty Carrion
6 posters

Go down

Wandering on in Empty Wandering on in

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Howdy, I'm Plaguewalker, and I'm mildly daunted by the prospect of RPing here. I figure it's a good way to challenge myself, but I've looked through some of the threads...

You people are quite good at this.

Anyway, I'm 18 years old, working at a Petland in my lovely home of Canada. Happily dating my girlfriend, and lamenting the fact that she lives in the States. Acursed borders and regulations! Most of my time is spent lazing around my house, be it playing video games or RPing. Most people think I'm weird cause of that. I probably am. tongue I've been trying to start writing more frequently, but I just can't seem to work myself into it...

As for RPing, I generally enjoy most genre's, although I tend to stay away from Romance only stuff and the fandom RPs. I'll write in just about any time frame, although I do have a little trouble with more modern settings for some strange reason...as for characters, I do so enjoy making Villians and the bad men. Not saying that I don't play heroes, but I just like to play with the dark side of things more. And I'm pretty quick to reply, but I've never been in any RPs with the post length requirements that these ones boast, so I'll probably be slowing down to work on my length and quality.

And, I suppose that's it. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and growing as a writer.

- Plaguewalker
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Wandering on in Empty Re: Wandering on in

Post by ImmortalSin Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Let me be the first to welcome you to FoG, Plaguewalker!

I was going to say that it is ever so good to see another charming new face here but... well, then I copped an eye-full of your avatar. No matter, no matter! We accept all sorts here. I'm sure you'll fit right in just so long as you refrain from poking anyone's eyes out. Sweat Drop

I'm certain this place will help you grow as a writer if you give it the chance. I really do hope that you enjoy your time here with us!
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Welcome to FoG! Don't let some of the threads scare you. Think of it more of a challenge that you can rise to the occasion and meet while gaining skill. Also if playing games is weird then we are both in the same boat. Anyway if you are looking for a place to force you to write and improve quality this is it. Anyway if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

I'll try my best not to poke anyone's eyes out, but I make no promises...

Thanks for the welcome, both of you. It cuts back on my worry.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:17 am

Yo.
Wandering on in WelcomeToFOG
Uh, welcome to the site and what-not. I'm not good at this whole greeting thing, and I promise I'm only doing it temporarily, but bear with me for now.

Getting right to the basics, feel free to contact any of the moderators if you need any help. Our administrator is on a temporary hiatus, but the rest of the staff are usually around to handle whatever comes up.

Be sure to read the rules.

Any complaints or other feedback can be sent to a moderator or posted in the Feedback forum.

That's about it, I suppose.

Edit: Contest. Check it out if you're interested. Good way to get your foot in the door and show us what you've got.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 am

Welcome to FoG, Plague.

I'm sure there's no reason to feel intimidated. For the most part, we're a friendly bunch who are ready and willing to help others grow as writers with constructive criticism and friendly tips.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 am

Plaguewalker wrote:I've been trying to start writing more frequently, but I just can't seem to work myself into it...

I'm the same way. I even wrote a 50,000 word novel in a month for the NaNoWriMo contest in November...but I haven't written anything since then...

Anyway, welcome to FOG! Take your time getting adjusted. The role-plays don't move very fast this time of year anyway, so you've got plenty of time to get a feel of the place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 am

I've never recieved such a welcome before...is this all real or just some kind of dream?

You people are awesome. Seriously. I think I'm gonna like it here.

And yeah...writing frequently just seems daunting, but I know it needs to happen. Which is why I like RPs. They get my juices flowing, and let me brain wander onto other subjects.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah, that's the great thing about role-plays. It's an arena in which you can have all the benefits of awesome literature without all the effort of writing a novel by yourself. It's fun to do it together with people, and many of them make great reading. xD

Welcome to the FOG, Plaguewalker!
I'm looking forward to RPing with you sometime! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content