FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM!

+4
Weiss
ImmortalSin
Kathryn Lacey
Sin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM! Empty Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM!

Post by Sin Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 pm

“We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky, and we've got to be careful. Really careful. So we don't trust anyone. Because if they find us... well, we just won't let them find us..

The thing you should know is that everyone is in really big trouble. Yeah. Even you.”

The Yeerks are invading earth. A Yeerk is a parasite that takes over the body of another being by way of infestation through the ear canal. They completely take over their host and make them what is called a controller. It resembles a small, grey-green slug about six inches long. Yeerks in their natural state have decent senses of smell and touch, but they are blind until they enter a host, as they do not have eyes. By themselves they are powerless but they have concurred the Hork-Bajir, Gedds and made allies out of the Taxxons. The human race is their next target. We can’t let that happen.

Who are we you ask? We call ourselves the Animorphs. Well we used to be a group of morph capable humans resisting the Yeerks. We have a few advantages that we use. First off they don’t know we are human. They think we are a small group of Andalite warriors who crash landed after the last big space engagement. The second thing we have going for us is the ability to become, for two hours at a time, any animal we have acquired the DNA to. In our last engagement we fought the Yeerks and got the Escafil device. The Andalite morphing cube, as we call it, gives the ability to morph to anyone who touches it. It was a hard prize to win because now we are down to two members and we need replacements. In short we need you. Do you have what it takes to become an Animorph?

Update! My first RP! Anyone else interested? Very Happy

Hello! I'm Sin~ And I'm uhm. Everything. Ever. Sometimes. Except tall. I don't do tall very well.

I'm 20, going on 21 in about half a year. Currently, I'm attending college, and even more currently, I'm feeling a tad scatter-brained, as I'm sure you can already tell. I'm a writer, but I keep most of my ideas in my head. I haven't managed to get a single original story past the third chapter before abandoning it due to hating my own writing so much I can't even stand continuing the project. I also enjoy roleplaying since I can focus on someone else other than myself and have fun without over-thinking.

I'm engaged to a wonderful man, no set marriage date due to the shaky economy. Who needs to start a life in debt? So, I would like to roleplay, but nothing with prospective romance. Any genre or timeline, more or less. I'm into experimenting with various plots. I can see my character develop in many ways through various things happening to them. I'm sort of sadistic to my characters as well, because hardship has a curious psychological effect on different personalities.

I'm still learning exactly how the RP works on this forums, I actually haven't looked yet. I think I'll go do that now!

Oh, quick question, who did the avatars for the mods and admins? They're very nice :3

Last edited by Sin on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New RP!)
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.mixpod.com/playlist/41304552

Back to top Go down

Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM! Empty Re: Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM!

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Welcome to FoG, Sin.

It's good to see another friendly face join our ranks. Don't worry about being scatter-brained. All the good geniuses tend to be. ^o_~^

I totally know how you feel about having a hard time finishing anything past a few chapters. I have the same difficulty, and I think it stems from similar reasons. I prefer my writing when I role play to when I write on my own. It's just... better to have other ideas contribute to the story, you know? At least that's how I feel.

I believe Kalon Ordona II created the characters in the avatars, and Weiss created the background for the avatars and the entire signature thing. I could be wrong, but I believe I'm correct. If I'm incorrect, someone will be along shortly to give the truth. ^^_^^

Enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM! Empty Re: Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM!

Post by ImmortalSin Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Oh lookie, it's me but without the Immortal part!

Welcome to FoG, MortalSin!

Be sure to check out the FOG Information Forum for rules and all of that lovely stuff.

As for the avatars, Kalon Ordona II did the portrait figure (he made mine also) and Weiss added the background/border/signature?/other pretty things.

They do look great though, I'll have to agree with you on that.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy yourself here!

Edit: Aw, shucks Kathryn. You're too quick for me. I'd edit out the unnecessary info but I'm pretty proud of my links, haha.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Oooh, Kathryn has ears Surprised The ears. Do they twitch? Anyway it's not the ideas that bother me. It's the fact that there are too many at once... then I try to re-read when I forget something, get annoyed, and stop xD One time I tried to make a detailed profile for each character so I wouldn't forget details, but it bored me into not even finishing the first chapter. Someday I'll figure it out. :3

Oooh it's me but cannot die! Hi other me!

Hm... maybe sometime I can bribe for an avatar too. Possibly. I have to figure out what a Sin looks like first o-0 This is one of the names that doesn't have an image to it, actually... hm. Anyway, thank you both for the warm welcome! You both earned a feather!
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 pm

hahahah Immortal, I was going to add links, but then I figured someone would beat me to posting, so I refrained. XD

Sin, The ears don't really twitch so much as wiggle if I choose to make my regular ears do that. They're latex ear tips that are applied with spirit gum. I love those ear tips, and I'm very proud of them even if I didn't make them. Aradani Studios did.

Ah, well, rereading is my problem, too. If I reread things, then I decide they suck, so I delete them. This results in me having to start from scratch, and when that happens, I give up. I'm too much of a perfectionist. =\

Kalon actually does the character portraits for free if I'm not mistaken. His art studio thing where you can make requests is here. I've been debating whether or not to commission one for some time, but I usually just use photographs for my set-ups, so I've refrained so far.

Immortal, did Ryona do your avatar's background, too, or was it just the signature?

{EDIT}
Yay! A feather! What kind of feather? Is it pretty?
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Hello! I Found a Cave of Rocks! And DOOOM! WelcomeToFOG
Image borrowed from the lovely Fate Foretold, our FOG mother and site administrator who is currently on hiatus.
I doubt you would need to bribe him. Kalon seems to enjoy making the avatars for the users who want one. Rightly so, since they are quite the awesome little token. It helps, somewhat, to establish a forum persona when people can attribute an image to your name; especially an image of a person.

Anyway, I will confirm what the two before me have stated, since they seemed uncertain. Kalon did, indeed, create the characters; while I, indeed, added the other effects, as well as the signatures. So, if you want to have a portrait done, Kalon's Portrait Studio is the place to go.

Afterward, if you want it turned into a signature and/or forum avatar, Kalon provides that service himself, optionally, or you might have one done in the style of ImmortalSin's by Ryona Noel, who has an art thread here. I don't know if she actively accepts requests, but you might want to PM her to make your request so that it doesn't go unnoticed.

All that aside, welcome to the forums. Obey the few rules we have and you'll likely not hear from me again. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me or any of the site staff. There is also a Feedback forum where your questions can be addressed by the other site members, as well as the staff.

If you're interested, a new contest has just begun, the prize of which is a fully hand drawn and colored image from Kalon Ordona II, samples of whose art can be seen in the introductory post for the contest. It might be a good way to get your foot in the door and test the waters.

Last edited by Weiss on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link fixed.)
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 pm

So as not to be confused, the link to the contest thread itself is here. Weiss accidentally linked to a post within that thread.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 pm

-snaps fingers- You did the smart thing, now it looks like I copied and just added something to top you, haha.

And to answer your question, yes Ryona did my background as well as my signature. It took us a little while to get it right, but I'm so glad we persisted. She ended up combining both of the backgrounds she'd tried out and it worked really well!

Sin! I love feathers! I love anything bird-related! It's my birthday tomorrow... you must have known. Aww

It feels really weird calling you Sin... because people call me Sin too. And I refer to myself as Sin. This is going to take some getting used to, heh.

Oh, I see. Now everyone thinks they can just waltz in here and post links as they please. Way to out-do me Weiss. Bleh
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Oooh friends everywhere! And just a feather. I have lots of feathers. My other name is SinFeathers... because I like the feathers... though I had to start a new collection recently, a friend of mine recently set them on fire... and the rest of them I had to cover in pink paint to keep another friend from stealing them. *pouts* Luckily Sephiroth gives me lots of feathers... anyway!

I think I'll have a shot at that contest... I'm amusing the "intro" prompt doesn't count for the 3000 word limit. Should be fun! Plenty of time for me to stare stupidly at it before an idea hits me. Then I can read everyone else's and wonder why I never thought of their ideas. Hehe.

Ooh, can I just randomly start joining RPs that are recruiting now? o-o

Kathryn - Yeah, perfectionism is my problem. That and when I try to do short entries I always try to do a mini novel. So I either can't stop until I give up or I keep going until I give up. Foop.

ImmortalMe - It's alright, everyone will know you were here first. They'll just throw rocks at me for making things confusing and things will be fine. :3

Weiss - D: Does that mean I -have- to be bad now?
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Oh yes. Weiss only shows up when naughty ones are about. Another sure fire way to make him appear is to clap three times and shout Neko!

He loves cat ears. Clap

Aw, and did your friend really set them on fire? That stinks. I used to have a rock collection, and there was a piece of fossilized wood amongst them as well but my mum made me throw them all out. I did collect feathers one time but they smelt, so I had to throw those out too.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Petrified wood <3 I have some of that. Jade from Canada. Some kind of diamond hand-mined from New York. Fossils. I had this huge sand dollar I found once but some jealous classmate stole it. Kids ftl. But I got to keep my mega sized clam shell...

... in other words I have a collection too. xD

*claps three times* NEKOOOO!
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Who dares summon m-...oh, it's you again.

In response to your questions: the intro does count toward the 3000 word limit, since the intro can be modified or changed, but is an integral part of the contest's theme. Thus, it cannot be excluded from the entry, but how much significance it has within the story (and, therefore, how much of the word count it occupies) is at the discretion of the writer.

Yes, you may start expressing interest in roleplays that are now recruiting. Each roleplay will (or at least, should) have an Interest Check thread, where you may post that you are interested in joining. It is not advised to submit character sheets or anything of that sort until the OOC thread, at which point you should already know whether or not you will be participating in the roleplay. If you post in an Interest Check thread and do not receive a response, it is usually beneficial to PM the thread's creator to express your interest.

The exception to this is when the thread's creator has expressly stated that you may do otherwise. While you are required to follow the rules of the forums at all times, you must also observe the rules of the individual thread when applicable, so as not to anger the roleplay's DM/creator.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:00 am

Okay, thank you for clearing that up! See, no need to smite me, was just curious. :3 I think I'll look at the prompt again tomorrow after I've slept on it. Could take me a few days to get an idea. Hopefully I won't end up with limit+1 words... it has happened before. I had to fix a whole paragraph to get the same result and get under the limit. Strangely enough...
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 am

Yeah. I have only joined one of the writing contests, and I wasn't satisfied enough with what I produced. If I join this one, it's going to be even more difficult because the word limit is shorter than usual. Bleh... I always want to add more detail than is permitted for the word count. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 am

Hehe... Same. I like my details, I'm not exactly the most brilliant person when it comes to using smart, short themes. I always feel mine feel short. It's like comparing a short sprinter to a marathon runner...

o-0 Now I have another question. I tend to use similar themes on some of my RPing characters as with my personal characters. And since RPing on here means you guys lay claims to the threads. Does that mean you take ownership of the characters as well, or do we maintain that, and just the plot belongs to the forums?
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 am

This was brought up a while ago...and perhaps someone will come along to correct me if I'm wrong.
The idea is, of course, the property of the person who came up with it. However, according to the site rules posted ^ (somewhere above), if you post it here on FOG, then it becomes the property of all who participate in it. Yes, the idea may be yours, but you can't then take the entire role-play off to another site and claim the story to be yours alone. FOG keeps records of everything here. So, to answer your question more directly, nothing you write in another person's role-play belongs to anyone but you. Your characters are yours, your ideas are yours, and everything is kept here on the site to prevent any...confusion.

Welcome to the boards, Sin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:29 am

Okay good xD I'm not one to do something like that unless the other persons want me to format the whole thing into a story. Then I say it's based on an RP o-o I would probably link to this site if I did something like that. I was more worried if I RP here with any original characters/ideas/themes/cookies I would get sued if I took my things into a book. If, somehow, I manage to finish one...

Thank you very much for the info and the welcome!
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:02 am

Welcome to FoG! Don't worry about being scatterbrained. I guess we all tend to be at times. I can remember that America's unity as a country started in the 7 years war with France about 20 years before the American Revolution but I can't remember to take out the trash on trash day. I say as long as you don't forget to post there shouldn't be to big a problem. I was going to say 'if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask' but it seems that you already have all your questions answered. Laughing See you around FoG!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:19 am

I think I might have it worse. I know that mountains interrupting the usual weather flow from the sea are the usual geographic cause for most deserts, and I can recall random minor details of books I've enjoyed... but I honestly never memorized the time table. o-0

And yes. Yes you shall. I am in your thread, stalking your RP. And I has cheeseburger! With questions. Gotta stalk around a little more, but I think I have all of my questions answered.

Thank ya muchly!
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:08 pm

[munch] I was just providing an example. One of many... Like remembering the Viking incursions between the 800-1000s [munch] brought the whole of the European continent to become Feudal and set back social progress [munch] for hundreds of years. I remember that but am terrible at remembering names. Oh was that your cheeseburger? Sorry I ate it all. Anyway welcome and I look forward to your character!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:13 pm

D: Cannot has cheeseburger. Oh well, at least I have cinnamon flavored apple sauce. Anyway! Posted my character, trying a new personality than usual. This one is going to be fun to develop! I don't think there are any holes in the background, but feel free to poke at it, I haven't read The Animorphs in forever!

And I don't remember names well either, but I also don't remember history well because my education system is a piece of junk. My freaking history teacher tried to get us to do a sock puppet show instead of teaching us about famous inventors... *grumbles* When your regular classes teach better than your honors classes, you know it's bad.
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Whoa, I can't believe I missed this thread!
Heheh, it looks like my reputation precedes me. XD oops, I mean, Twisted Evil

I see that everybody will have to do how I've been doing all along! Everybody used to call ImmortalSin "Sin," whereas I'd call her "Immortal." Now everybody will have to call Immortal "Immortal" and reserve "Sin" for Sin! Clap

Welcome to the FOG, Sin! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks!

They could also call her Sin and call me Imposter, though that might confuse anyone who doesn't read this thread first... anyway, as long as it doesn't bother her, I'll keep this name. If it does, I can request to get it changed, I wasn't aware it was a well used name when I signed up. I honestly just went "ZOMG ACTIVE RP STUFFS DO WANT". Hehe.

Anyway, yes, your reputation is massively proceeding you. Do want a picture. I just don't have an image to this name... o-0 Otherwise I would be trolling your pretty pictures thread for one. Well. By trolling I mean getting on my knees and grovelling. Surprised
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:36 am

No, no, no - don't be silly! It doesn't bother me even slightly. I think it's kind of fun, to be honest. A little confusing, but still fun! So don't even think about asking for a name change!

Ah yes, the infamous Kalon. How could anyone not know of you? Beware dear Sin/Imposter/MortalMe... he may seem cute and cuddly at times but it's all just a rouse. He'll sneak up while your back is turned and... Stabby
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Hehe alright. The confusing is part of the fun of it all!

Oooh. Stabby no good. Well, it's a good thing I'm in the habit of carrying protection on me.. a squirt bottle! Beware stabbers... you shall have water... in the face Surprised There is no cure for that if you don't carry a towel on you. And since it isn't Towel Day, I don't think many of you will be!

Bwahaha...
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Hm... Sin, I'm curious, did you create both the Animorphs and your personal signatures? They're really good.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Ya. o-o I'm really no good at making images for myself unless it's a feather. But I can take images and alter them and mix them together how I like. I also edited my rose in my avatar to have that "cracked" kind of appearance. I'm actually kind of bad at taking an image and not editing it, hehe. It's an addiction. ><

Thank you for the praise. :3 I like making things. I didn't know how I could help my first RP out so I figured I could make an image thing to promote it.
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Well, I hope the promotion works. I almost wanted to join it when I saw the banner, but I knew I shouldn't. I have never read any of the books though I intend to at least read the first in the series if my library has it. I have to finish the first few books on my list for the 50 Book Challenge ((<--- Shameless Plug! Shameless Plug!)).

Anyway, I just wanted to compliment your skills. Even if you're only able to splice images together, you do a very good job of it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Awe, thank you. v-v Maybe someday I'll be able to make the images I use. Someday...

Hehe, feel free to join if you want to, you really only need to know the basics since the characters seem to be all original. But that's up to you. I hope you can get your 50 books in a year. It sounds like something I would do if I didn't get agitated when I read other books at this point... just makes me want to write. Plus I'm a little behind. o-0
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah. That would be really cool. I pretty much suck at anything except basic editing to the photographs I take. I avoid making set-ups for that reason.

I've learned in the past that it's better not to join a fandom unless I've read/seen it. I tried doing that with a role play based on the Midnighter series by Scott Westerfeld, and I just didn't understand what was going on enough to continue to be a part of it. I did read the series later, and it was okay, but nothing special and probably nothing I'd realistically want to role play again.

Well, the thing with the 50 Book Challenge is that you can start your year at any time as long as you finish in three hundred sixty-five days. However, you don't have to have fifty books on your list, either. Two of the people who have posted their lists only have twenty-five, and I think twelve would be the smallest number I'd allow because it's really not that difficult to read one book per month.

A lot of people who posted are unsure as to whether or not they'll be able to really complete the challenge, and that's fine. It's just something to get people reading again. My own hopes are to finish one book per week. I'm on my second book. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next