FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity!

+5
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Renji
Fate Flyer
Eternity
Mezrin
9 posters

Go down

He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity! Empty He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity!

Post by Mezrin Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:04 pm

My subject line shows nothing but sleep deprivation! Now, back at RPGOF, I got a private message personally inviting me to this place. Personal invitations! I cannot believe it! Now, I'm sure it was just another generic message sent to a bunch of random people to make us feel special, but I shall gladly take it to heart and pretend it was specially made for me.

I'm Mezrin. That's it, really. I can be a jerk if people are getting on my nerves, and I really hate popularity contests, which is why I resent other forums I frequent (looking at you, A Writer's Recluse), but am otherwise friendly. So... Hi.
Mezrin
Mezrin
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://manticoreproductions.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity! Empty Re: He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity!

Post by Eternity Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Welcome welcome! Welcome to FOG!

And I highly doubt that those invitations were at random. Once you get to know Fate, you'll learn that she's a real sweetie, and I think she hand-picked all these good writers that keep showing up. Thus, her devotion and hard work shows; as you will see this community is quite nicely done!

So I hope you enjoy your stay here at FOG, and can't wait to see you in the forums!

Later Mezrin!

P.S. - love the name Wink

~Eternity
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity! Empty Re: He Who Holds Nothing Holds All Has Attained New Stupidity!

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:29 pm

(Aw, thank you, Eternity. ^_^)

Hi there, Mezrin! Welcome to FOG. The invitations that go out are most certainly to hand-selected individuals (though, from now on, they will be even more personalized), so there's no reason to not feel special. Very Happy

We're really glad to have you here, and I hope that you enjoy yourself. If you have any questions, always feel free to ask!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mezrin Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:31 pm

...I have 2 (now 3) posts here, and 1,557 on my other forum, and the people here are already better. I might make this my main go-to forum, really. Thanks for greeting me.

Oh, and I'm amazed that someone else lives around Chicago. Simply amazed.
Mezrin
Mezrin
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Aww, how sweet. Smile I'm really humbled and happy, but that's something that I've seen others here say as well.

Oh, hey, you are in Chicago! How neat! I'm actually originally from a place 3 hours west of here, on the border between Illinois and Iowa (the Quad Cities - not sure if you've heard of it). Do you live in the city itself? I imagine that would be a really lively and energetic place to live.

EDIT: Wow, and you are 13? That just amazes me. I'd have pegged you for someone around me age easily. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mezrin Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 pm

I live on the outskirts of the city. I'm in it, but barely. And it's a slum, to give you the bare reality of it. It's crime-infested, just like New York, but out here it's much better and I'm not afraid of any airplanes attacking me or some sort of crazed guy shivving me as I walk to school.

...Nevermind that. It is lively, however, as I live right next to Midway Airport. Which is a busy airport. UGH. I'm sure you've heard others say that, however, for all good things are merely history retold.

Now that my train of thought is dead... I just remembered.

I've created a little game. Am I allowed to advertise it here? It's a role-playing game, unfinished, but is done enough so that characters can be made and you can actually play the game. I just want to make sure it's cool with you.
Mezrin
Mezrin
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:49 pm

I'm sure there are a lot of places that you wouldn't want to go walking in the city alone at night time or anything, and that it's not all pretty. (Surprisingly, I've only been to Chicago just a few times in my life, and even living in a suburb of it now, I've only been there once since moving here.) I'm not a very big city person though. All the traffic and people stress me out, but that probably is because I grew up in such a small town, hehe.

Oh, and about your game. No, that's definitely cool that you advertise it here! I'm not exactly sure where you would post it though. People could create their own characters for it, so it would be a role-play then?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mezrin Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 pm

It is a role-playing game, yes. Think of Dungeons and Dragons. Now, take out a lot of dice-rolling, and change a lot of fantasy elements to Earth, a few hundred years later, and there was a nuclear war in an attempt to kill all of these demonic things and living shadows.

That is Exitus Sator. I'd like to make a thread for it, but I'm not sure where to put it. Where should it be placed?
Mezrin
Mezrin
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:44 am

Wow. Very Happy That sounds pretty awesome!

I'm not really sure where that could go either. If you wanted to make it into a role-play, you can always post about it in one of the OOC sections. Once you have your website up for it too, then that can be posted in the Links To Click forum.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:23 am

Welcome to FOG!

*waves his top hat*

Im just passing through and thought I would say hey.

Have a good time!
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:29 am

Welcome to the site Mezrin. I'll admit, usually I use the same generic greeting for everyone, but I'll personalize this one.

You seem like a pretty interesting character. Glad to see your so taken with our little site. It's amazing how quickly this place is growing, and how so many people compliment us on how awesome it is.

I agree with you when you say you don't like it when sites become popularity contests. Being popular on a site is one thing, but when it gets to the point where people won't even post with you because they don't recognize your name is rediculous. I was a member of a site like that once, but then I left and became one of the more popular people. It's nice to be recognized by your writing ability rather than your looks or how often you post. (Though I do like to think looks help my case Coolio)

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you around and hope you have a great time here on FOG.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am

Welcome to FOG Mezrin! I am loving the avatar and signature image! Very artistic and gothic! Razz

You would be making a very wise choice if you chose this to be your primary role playing site! It is fast expanding and full of skillful and friendly writers!

Even if you don't, I am pretty sure you'll have a blast every time you visit! Smile
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Hey! Welcome to FOG, yes the hand picking is one of Fate's signature moves. She's one of the fabulous fixtures here at FOG. Tempest is right, this is such a great rp network! It's quickly become my go to site.

Your RPG sounds really cool! You ought to put it up Smile I'm sure people would bite Smile
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Har! Har! Har! I've gotta say, Mezzy, I'm laughing pretty hard at this. You've got a real thing for the jokes. Should be a comedian - you know, like, uh, Mitch Hedburg. He was a funny guy. You've done a lot of funny things before, as we all know - making jokes about people who're in critical condition in hospitals - people who happen to be friends of other people on the forum, at that - insulting people and trying to edge them on to suicide when you know they're having issues, etc.

Anyway, onto the bulk of my message: You're a cock. And not the tasty kind, either.

I'm Mezrin. That's it, really. I can be a jerk if people are getting on my nerves, and I really hate popularity contests, which is why I resent other forums I frequent (looking at you, A Writer's Recluse), but am otherwise friendly. So... Hi.

You know, I find it kind of sickly satisfying that you post things like this behind our backs only for our forum to get invited over entirely a few days later. It's a knee-slapper, if I may say so myself. Thanks, by the way, Fate.

Anyway, I digress. This is pretty pathetic, was my point. If you have a problem with the community of AWR, take it up with the fucking community of AWR. Here's a link to a place where you can complain about our status and maybe discuss what you feel is bad about it.

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rb&action=display&thread=1915

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Hm. I'm pretty sure it would be best to do this on your own grounds...? I'm no mod but i'm pretty sure that was intensely unprofessional.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Spectre wrote:Hm. I'm pretty sure it would be best to do this on your own grounds...? I'm no mod but i'm pretty sure that was intensely unprofessional.

I feel like that was an intensely unprofessional comment, so I think it kind of evens out. Besides, if his posts here are right, he might not even still be looking around on our forums in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm not going to be dignifying any sort of argument here. If you're wanting to contact him, do it through e-mails. There's no reason to muddle this site because you've got personal [or otherwise] issues with this "Mezrin". Take it elsewhere?
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Welcome to FOG!
:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Spectre wrote:I'm not going to be dignifying any sort of argument here. If you're wanting to contact him, do it through e-mails. There's no reason to muddle this site because you've got personal [or otherwise] issues with this "Mezrin". Take it elsewhere?

That'd be very against my religious beliefs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey there, Schrodinger.

Welcome to the site; but unfortunately there's a time and place for everything. If you've got issues to disguss with Mezrin, you'll need to take between yourselves and keep it on your site. This isn't an issue you need to share with everyone else. I'll be locking this board until further notice.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down