FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC

2 posters

Go down

5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC Empty 5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:31 am

Once the world was a more rational place. There was an abundance of technology all around. Space travel had been discovered, if not near perfected. Mathematical theory has been condensed into an art form. This is a world where the logical mind is dominant. Every man has a technological assistant. There is no area left of the natural world that is unexplored. The world has been industrialized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leslie Bell was standing outside of the Cosmopolitan Inn. She had just gotten off the phone with her boss, and the intent was clear. In fact, the words were still ringing in her ears. "Get off your ass and go search for more antiques." That bastard of a boss. Most of the time he was a lovable kitten, as easy to meld as clay. But whenever he had a hunch about another stash from the pre-hypnotic age, he rode her like a mule.

"I've a feeling Leslie darlin', that you'll find some near the crater south of Cesca. My sources said that there was reported sightings of a building when the dust storms settle. You could be like those archaeologists that found that cache of video files in that one forest! And you could make me a lot of money hun, now get to work!" That's what he said. What a chauvinistic pig. But not a horrible person, just a money-hungry man.

She couldn't help but sigh. But her boss wasn't stupid. And her job was kinda interesting. It was still better than some of the jobs her girlfriends had. Mimi was a publicist for some rude bitch, and Kelly had to waitress just so she could make some pocket money in an old time bar. At least her job was potentially exciting.

So with a heavy heart, Leslie rose from her chair and made her way to her vehicle. With a fluid motion of opening and closing her craft, she was ready to drive to the site. The ETA? Around an hour. So she could sleep on it while her hovercar did the work for her. After inputting the data, Leslie closed her eyes, waiting for her assistant to tell her when she got to the site.

Time passed by, and she arrived. "Wake up! Wake up!" Ugh, she'd have to change the personality on her assistant so it wasn't so shrill and annoying. Like a tiny little fairy... Her arms made a weary practiced motion, rubbing her eyes as she struggled to wake. A great yawn escaped from her mouth, as she blinked and saw the area around her. It was... a desert. Great. That'd make her job all the more difficult.

The sands shifted for hours, as Leslie focused her eyes on the ever changing environment. A few times she thought she saw the locale of the object of desire, but she was sadly mistaken. But then she did see it. Or what was supposedly it. And it was time to look.

Her feet dragged through the heavy sand, her face gaining minor abrasions from the sandstorm. But it would be all worth it if the discovery was made. As she inched closer... the world revolved. It spun faster and faster, as a metamorphosis took over the land. The world was changing from that which was rational, to that which was less so. Where science was dominant, magic would now be such. The world had revolved... and no one could remember that which it was before. The world had turned over a new leaf. It was a new start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are five factors of the new realm.
Desmondia Demencha- Dominant Colors: Brown and Gray; Area of Expertise: Astromancy
The mystic arts explained by a woman: that is Desmondia's take on her power. She rules her realm, the northern realm, in a much more subtle manner than any of the other factors. That is, she has an army of spies disguised as fortune tellers and other nonsense jobs. But her realm appears to be the most lax. The only time you'll see people forced to wear her colors is when they choose to, (or a holiday, but the public loves holidays).

She lives in a modest manor, with only a small retinue. Desmondia is extremely loved in the public eye. Not only that, but she is the wisest of all the five factors. If given good reason, she would give up her seat in a moment (or at least just make it not so... powerful). But as such, the most information would need to be told to her.

Her magic is very potent and potentially dangerous. It is unknown as to what she could do, but if anyone controlled her mind or anything silly like that, it could spell the death of the world. But with great magic comes great drawbacks. It is unknown exactly what would happen if she had to actively use a strong part of her magic, but if she did, she would be drained for quite some time. If it ever happens... take advantage of it: by the time you are fighting her you'll need all the help you can get.

Gregoric Mazul- Dominant Colors: Pink and Yellow; Area of Expertise: Geomancy
Master of the Earth, Gregoric has built his domain from the ground up. Literally. He lives in a palace sculpted out of Orange-y mud, adorned with pink trellises. He resides in the north-western part of the realm, and that live in it are under his command.

Gregoric is like his magic: as hard as a mountain but also as flexible as clay. Within his domain are his subjects, who are hard workers, generally farmers. Everyone provides for everyone, including Gregoric. Gregoric's main functions are safety, law, and protection from natural disasters. Lots of earthquakes to settle...

Still, he isn't a completely hypocritical man. He has protected his realm from bandits and other such threats (although if he asked for them first isn't known). It is possible he would give up his seat of power if enough incentive was given. But one would have to convince him first, and that would require a tongue as swift as wind and as powerful as lava.

Manul Illevic - Dominant Colors: Scarlet Red and Orange; Area of Expertise: Illusions

Manul resides in the north east in a palace that is hidden by an illusion in the forest. Only those who are invited know how to get there and those who have been there before. This is not really because Manul is a wary man, thought that is, of course, part of the reason, but mainly because he is an observer. And one that his hidden, can observe the best.

Because Manul is such a good observer, he has great knowledge about the people who live in his faction. He knows how they live, what they think and expect of life, what they need him to do and therefore he considers himself to be a good and great leader. That doesn't mean he can't be selfish and/or cruel, because he can; once he sets his mind to something, he wants it (done), no matter what the cost may be. He's a sane man, who makes rational choices and he tells himself that, of all leaders, he's the one with the best interest for his people, though if he were to look deep in his heart, he'd have to say that he wants it all for himself. His people could die and he would not let a tear, instead: he'd be building a new faction from scrap. He's a strategist and a tactist.

His people are very pragmatic and live by the day. As for what Manul thinks of them; he's right, most of the time anyway. They do think he's a great leader as he gives them what they need without hesitation, but they are not satisfied by the way he 'hides' himself. People talk about him and people do, if they look in their hearts, mistrust them. They are mostly merchants and there are lots of families in this faction.

If you'd want to get him off of his throne, you'd have to let him no choice than to do so. In order to do so, you would have to come up with a plan that is similar to the board game chess: as said he's a strategist and tactician and therefor you need to overrule him at his own 'expertise'.

Magdalen Yterren - Dominant Colors: Navy Blue and Violet; Area of Expertise: Chaos Magic
Magdalen is the dominant force of the south east part of the world. Her magic is coupled with her vivid imagination, allowing for some quite odd effects . Her realm is that of the courtesans. All women that are not married are under her control, in a not horrible relationship. Those that visit her realm can purchase these woman, as long as they do not do bodily harm.

Her prostitutes are spread all over her area, with den mothers that protect them and provide for them. All of the women are trained to use small arms, so that they can protect themselves if need be from the more rowdy customers (who are explicitly told what they are getting into). Her higher ranked whores are all highly devoted to their mistress, and none question the chain of command.

Magdalen is quite courteous to her guests, and always invites them to "play around" with her wares, including her private stock of men for the more discriminate tastes, or high ladies. But convincing her will be another task entirely. She is quite content with her seat of power. The only way to dethrone her would be to convince of a better idea. But if she were to die, her area would fall apart, with women raped all over the place. Thieves and vagabonds would roam the area, facing teams of women armed to the teeth with knives. Only attempt it if no other recourse is available. Chaos is not the answer to search for.

Desi Arturo- Dominant Colors: Vermilion and Fuchsia; Area of Expertise: Demonology
Desi resides in the south western part of the new world. As his dossier suggests, his expertise is in Demonology. His power is great, and he has solidified his domain through cruel tactics and fear. Say what you must about the man; even if he is a disreputable man, he keeps to his word. But be forewarned, he may say one thing and it may mean another thing entirely. His manor is filled with those that are cruel. It is more like a thieves den then a proper mansion. The only kind man left within his service is the jester.

In this cruel foothold of power, he demands tithe from his subjects once every three weeks. They are to give him the best 50% of whatever they gather, whether it be livestock, plants or livery. But in return, they need not fear any other bandits or factors that come near. With Desi's demonology, the peasants are safe for a great distance, until they displease their lord.

His domain is steeped in his dominant colors, and the peasants are all forced to either wear vermilion or fuchsia. Those that enter his domain are often blinded for a few short moments, as the traumatic sight would harm the eyes of those that see it. As such, those that enter the realm are advised to bind their eyes with a simple white cloth until the time that they adjust to the shocking images.

Desi's grip on his lands is firm. He has a hierarchy of thieves and minions that would be able to take over the realm with his passing, albeit with not as firm as a grip. The only plausible ways to deal with him would be to destroy his whole retinue or to make a different man out of him. And anyone that is willing to try either is to be wished well.

The five factors are such.
Map:

5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC File?id=dhqhr5tc_2cc6hjjdw_b

Last edited by MoiraofWords on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC Empty Re: 5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC

Post by MoiraofWords Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:38 pm

It's almost done Shekinah :O

Take a look and make suggestions where needed and post what you want to ^^
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC Empty Re: 5 Factions and the Revolving World (Shekinah/Moira) OOC

Post by Shekinah Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Hahaha, you're an artist waiting to be discovered dude Wink Cool going on drawing and posting that map Very Happy
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Ha, ha, ha, very funny. It twasn't supposed to be a masterpiece but a functional map ><
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 am

Could you create a char sheet or post your char first for me to use as an example?

May sound stupid, but I'm kinda lost without any of those two. I never know what to write/to start with.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey, you are the one that chose to be the protagonist but....

I'll have a sheet up soon :O
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Name:
Dominant Color (only the factors are strong enough to maintain two) + Magic Type:
Biography (or what your character remembers anyway):
Job (current):
Personality:

and anything else you think is important.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Yay, thanks for that! Now I can be thinking of a char Razz

Maybe I'll be a male after all... See? I'm always like this: I can never choose, and once I do, I change my mind anyway!

Well, I promise I'll have a char up by tomorrow Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Oh, and one more thing:

Of course, if I choose, for example, to come from Desi Arturo's faction, then my dominant colour would be either Vermillion or Fuchsia and my magic would be Demonoloy, but am I free to create some 'sub-magic' in that expertise? And for that matter that I'm very good at certain spells, while I suck at others?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

No, your dominant colors can be different, as can your magic. Thats just what the rulers of the realms magic would be, and they'd want you to wear your color so you don't gain extra power.

And its more that you only have one thing, but you are good at it.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Ah okay, will do then! Thanks Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 pm

And yet again a question, I keep asking them, sorry if you're already annoyed with me Razz

Are we able to learn different types of magic? Because I'm not sure that I'm sure I exactly know the meaning of your colours if you say they can differ from the faction you're from...

I can be from the northern faction, with an expertise in chaos magic and scarlet red as a dominant colour, what does that mean? And what does it mean to be able to have two dominant colours? And if I can be from any faction, having whatever dominant colour I want and whatever expertise I want to, than what does it matter that every faction has it's dominant colour?

I'm sorry if you all have said this before, then I'm just stupid Razz

That were more questions than just one... Razz
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

It's my bad, I properly haven't explained it well enough.

Your color is how you focus your magic, and evoke your effect. You visualize your color, let it surround you, let it consume you. Those extremely talented can visualize another color to compliment their color already, thus increasing the effect and magnitude of their magic. But the "will" needed to do so is immense, which is why the only people known to be able to are the 5 factors.

Each person can have magic. Not everyone focuses on their magic, as it is too weak. There are common magics that anyone can perform, parlor magics. There can be common minor magics, but the more powerful magics are more unique.

As a serf of the factor of the realm you reside in, you generally wear your factors dominant colors as a sign of respect, although accenting your outfit with your own colors is not completely taboo. The only colors free of any control are black and white.

But just because you reside in a realm doesn't mean you have your Factor's magic, you have your own.

As the factors are the rulers, what they have matters to their serfs. If you want to not die, or remain within normal standing, it is traditional to show your support openly.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Okay, now I really get it Very Happy I can go and make my char now. Thanks so much, dude! And thanks for your patience with me Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Np. I plan to enjoy your character. Unless its a mean character. Then i'll pout on the inside.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Name: Kalei Niji
Sex: Female
Realm of Residence: The Northern realm, as ruled by Desmondia Demencha
Dominant Color (only the factors are strong enough to maintain two) + Magic Type: Baby blue + Shapeshifting
Biography (or what your character remembers anyway): Kalei's memories start to come out of the fog at a point in her life where she was taken in by a childless family who could never have children of their own. She only knows about the time before that what they told her: that she was a child, wandering the streets, speaking out a name. Her adoptive parents as well as she doesn't know whose name that is, but Kalei doesn't think much of it. The dark part of her memory haunts her in her dreams, but she doesn't remember any of it when she wakes up. It just causes her to have a bad bed rest.

When 18, she decided to learn how to become a spy and now she is.
Job (current): Spy
Personality: A witty, intelligent, spontaneous young woman with a good feeling of humor. Though she doesn't seem to take life all too seriously, she really does. She's very reliable, dispite of her current job, and very trustworthy. Easy going, but able to plan ahead and her cheery mood is also her best cover: people do not expect her to be cruel or mean, but she can be, but only if VERY necessary. But, she doesn't like it. If she's forced to act like that, she distance herself and once she's herself again, she might have trouble with who she really is. Kalei is very afraid of heights and doesn't particular like the dark. Nightmares from her past are still haunting her. She gets mad if you betray her or her friends and even though she may not look like it, she's not very forgiving. Sometimes she might be too self concious.

SORRY it took me so long! Had troubles in school and I was sick and all... but here it finally is. Hope it's okay!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

So, what's the hold up? Very Happy
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Name: Valari Ykerren
Sex: No thank y-- Female
Realm of Residence: Northwestern Realm, Gregoric's realm
Dominant Color + Magic: Lavender and Voodoo (dolls)
Biography: Valari grew up, with the harsh expectations of the realm. Gregoric was very clear on the matter-- everyone would work towards their upkeep. There wasn't much that she was skilled at, and she had to work. With that in mind, the only thing that Valari could think of left was that of a job that could endanger her life. But she didn't want to do anything that was considered "harsh" labor, where she would only have a limited life span independent of her efforts. As such, the only job left was mercenary. Over time, she learned how to be competent enough to go on missions and not die. And that was nearly enough.

Currently her company was sent to Desmondia's realm as part of a liason, or some other political reason that is beyond her immediate comprehension.

Job: Mercenary
Personality: A woman that has grown rough and tough with the earth, but also elegant and graceful as her career demands. As if to lighten the darkness that follows her lifestyle, Valari employs humour for her benefit. Getting paid means completing a job to the end of the mission. Backing down on her word is worse than most crimes.

Valari has learned to distance herself from the normal female stereotypes. It is necessary in her field of work. She has grown more gruff and simplistic in needs, able to be less wordy than most.

Equipment:
Main Weaponry: Wired Chakrams and backup set.
Contingency weaponry: Neko-te (pair)
Light armor, leather
Documents
Wax Figures.
Colored waxes.
Lavender Sash

The holdup was school and me doing my research :O
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:59 pm

any other comments or things to go over before we start the Ic?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 am

Meh, school. *looks at a blank piece of Word paper that should turn into a paper about crime policy between now and tomorrow*

Nope, I think I've all got it now Smile Love your voodoo (doll) idea!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Poke poke- you still alive?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah sorry, I didn't have internet acess at my mom's place for the last three weeks and I've been busy with school, but I was planning on posting today Wink
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:00 pm

No problem, just wanted to make sure you weren't dead :O
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Still alive and posted! Very Happy
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Worry not, I shall post within... a fortnight >>

I'm sorry about my laziness and casualness :0
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 pm

It's okay dude Very Happy I don't really mind it, to be honest Wink
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Quite a bit belated-- i'm easily distracted and forgetful. But i must say, it has been ACTUALIZED.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down