FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check

3 posters

Go down

Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check Empty Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check

Post by Shekinah Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:38 am

Hey guys,

Last night I was watching the first episode of the second season of the smashing series Carnivale, and when watching a particular scene an idea suddenly hit me. It's still a little vague, but I'd like to know whether or not some of you are interested anyway. And if you are, you could, if you want, offer me some help perhaps.

Anyway, here's the idea:

The setting is a post-apocalyptic one, in which computers, machines and almost every other form of technology is scarce. They still exist but with great limitations and you often have to look hard before you find any of them. People start experimenting with magic again, sometimes succesfull, sometimes not.

The one thing that keeps them going every day is the sound of a ticking clock. Everyone hears it, every day. No one knows where the sound is coming from, the only thing they know for sure is that it is a clock. No one knows when it will stop and no one knows what will happen when it does, but everyone has their own theory about what will happen. There's only one person, The Prophet, who knows the secrets about the clock, but The Prophet has to learn this secrets still. The Prophet is predistened to get to know all of it's secrets and what to do about the ticking sound and what to do when it stops. Because it will stop one day.

There's also this group who's looking for as many computers as they can, thinking they can discover the secret about the clock by using this scarce technology.

That's my idea so far. Anyone interested? Any thoughts? Share it with me please Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check Empty Re: Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check

Post by AutumnLeaf Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 am

"I used to have a recurring dream when I was little. I would watch the earth from outer space and there would be a clock ticking, counting down to the apocalypse. I'd try to scream but I'd have no voice, and just as everything exploded I'd wake up crying.

That clock is ticking again. I can feel it."

I've always wanted to use that line... Thumbs Up anywho, it's interesting enough. Good times I think shall be had by all~
AutumnLeaf
AutumnLeaf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check Empty Re: Hourglass - A post-apocalyptic rp interest check

Post by Shekinah Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:41 am

Hahaha nice line indeed, where is it from?

And thanks Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnLeaf Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:45 am

This photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanka/3503743108/

I'm not sure if she wrote that herself or if she read/heard it from something else. but it's nice nevertheless.
AutumnLeaf
AutumnLeaf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 am

Very cool Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm interested. I could use a good rp right now.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:09 am

Okay cool. I'll wait a few more days and then I'll create the official OOC, in which you'll also find character sheets etc.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:05 am

I may join

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:14 am

Awesome! Let them all come Wink

In that case I might create the OOC later today. But first, I need to clean the kitchen and finish my annoying paper...
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Okay, I posted the official OoC. Everyone who's interested and wants to join, go here:

Hourglass OoC
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down