FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My!

5 posters

Go down

Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My! Empty Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My!

Post by Skittle_Overlord Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Some convicts on death row are given a chance to earn back their freedom. The only problem is, they might die doing it. DUN DUN DUN!

In the future, most things are mechanical, technology has blossomed. I know, shocker right? And people have plenty of mechanical equipment that goes way beyond i-phones. Including but not limited to; communicators in their brain, credit bracelets (credit is basically money), sunglasses that have internet and TV on them, and an access code on their arm that identifies who they are to the police. There are Cyber Punks that steal data and vandalize sites all over, but the place they hide in is called ‘The Pit’, where every race, gender, and culture is mixed into one big mosh pit, hence the name- The Pit. This place is so run down and shifty that even the cops don’t bother with it anymore. That’s where you can hire a Cyber Punk; these guys are hired by businesses and everyone who needs some data taken or sites trashed. There are even those who assassinate or do high level robbery for an extra fee. So Pit=criminals gallor

Somehow, but some misfortune for your character, or stroke of luck for the cops, you are caught. And guess what bub, you're going on death row.

Now heres the government's problem;

A woman by the name of Wendy Harper made a program (top secret one, no I won't tell you, you'll find out). An organization known as Luminarus wants the program. Lumanaris is a cult made up of humans who believe in some sort of mechanical massiah. And they are humans made almost entirely of metal, they had almost everything replaced with mechanical parts. Most are barely human anymore. Surprisingly, Lumanaris is quite a organization, and they grow by number everyday. Wendy's program is being used to further their mechanics and change themselves and various animals they get a hold of into dangerous things. Guess what the next step is, yep, they're pullin a crusade on humanity. 'The Pit' has already been attacked, and a lot of people were either killed, or converted.

Our convict characters are assigned to take the Lumanaris down, or at least keep these 'things' from attacking other places until the government can figure out a way to counter there programming, it all comes down to Wendy's program, what in the world does it even do....well I know what it does, you're just going to have to figure it out. Heh.

Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My! Empty Re: Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My!

Post by Skittle_Overlord Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:55 pm

"Should we be doing this?"
"Shut it Tracy, the test is scheduled and authorized."
"The means of the test isn't, Norman." Tracy hissed in Norman's ear, not loud enough for the three guards to make out. They glanced behind them every once in a while, each branch of the program thought the same of the other. That their partners in this endeavor were always up to nothing good. In this case the military guards were correct in their assumption of the scientists.

All five exited the elevator and made their way to Saori's cage, she was not given the luxurious cells in which so many of the other expiraments 'enjoyed'. This occurance was of course, only blamable to herself. Her unpredictability 'forced' their hand.

One of the guards injected her with the drug through the bars of the cage that was not big enough for her to stand in, but as they paused they started to wonder if it had any effect, her limp figure remained as still as ever.

The scientists urged the guards on and the now team of six made their way into the elevator. "God is it even alive?" one of them suddenly asked in the awkward silence that ensued, as if on que her head lifted slightly, her eyes eternally placid, causing the guards to jump, and the one not holding her pulled out his taser. The resounding effect gave his hand a third degree burn.
"SHIT YOU IDIOTS, you don't use a taser on a subject being taught to manipulate electricity!!!" Tracy braught out a vial more of the dazing drug, Saori's head lolled back down as Norman aided the burned guard.
"This has to be the worst expirament in the entire batch, can't test worth shit, unpredictable, troublesome. We should stick her in the correction facility, make sure you write that on her form for the transfer Norman." Norman silently nodded grimly, it seemed necessary, but the thought of the correction facility was grim. Basically they removed parts of the subject's brain that were associated with independant thinking. Often they skipped the whole process and just used the expirament for various brain surgery practices.

After the burned guard was sent away the team made their way to the section of the labs with the measuring courts; A room as big as an indoor tennis court, but with numbers linned in a grid pattern along the floors, walls, and ceiling. The guards placed her in the middle of the court and locked the iron door behind them. Their were a total of two doors in the room, one the guards left through, the other connected to a holding cell where they placed another particularly powerful expirament that had been doing well. They were doing a test on kinetic reflex, and it would be watched from the four cameras placed in the corners of the room. Origenally the test was supposed to be non-combatant, but they were left with little else of a choice.

"Alright then, time to shoot her up." Norman said, fearlessly pressing a button that resulted in a mini turret coming from the ceiling to shoot a dart at Saori's limp form. This dart was filled with mixture of adrenaline and a chemical found to durastically increase aggression. This compound had yet to be tested, kill two birds with one stone as he put it. This was the unauthorization Tracy spoke of, this method of testing and the drug were not supposed to be used for the test today, but as long as the military got their results, the pair didn't believe their to be any problem.

The effects were instantanious. Saori's heart began to beat painfully fast. Her head spun into clearity, and her muscles tensed and untensed at an uncomfortable speed. The hanger door opened and out sprung a Trevaori lion.

"Are you ready female?" He roared.

Instead of an answer Saori writhed for half a minute until she too was in her Trevaori form, she lost the fight against it, and nothing but rage lined her form now, not even words. She let out a snarl and lunged. The lion dodged but was left with a gash in his side. Saori did summersault into a standing position from her lunge, immediately afterwards she backflipped to land on the lion's shoulders as he charged her. She let him fall forward with his own bodyweight as she left two sets of gashes in his back. The lion spun around as she jumped to his side and took a swipe at his head. He tried again and again to swipe at her form, to grab her, something. But she was to quick, she flowed around him like a river, all the while poking holes into the boat. The noise the made was viciously ear splitting.

Finally the lion left an opening for her, his stamina almost gone and curtainly bloodied, she got on his back, bit into jugular, and ripped it out with a fearsome snarl.

"SHIT we weren't supposed to let it go that far!" both scientist fummbled as she continued to midlessly rip into the corpse, still in a frenzy. Until a minute later when she doubled over in pain. Now instead of angry roars the room filled with anguished ones. She rolled over and began to slowly turn back into her human form, calwing at her chest with her now human nails she screamed. Her heart was painfull, it seemed the drug had some side effects.

Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My! Empty Re: Cyber Punks, Monsters, and Psychos- Oh My!

Post by Ehoron Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 am

I'm all for some cyber-punk goodness. I like my tech. I like it a lot. Consider me interested.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 am

Alrighty! Looks like I've got one taker already! To start I would at least like two others to show some interest. So in the meantime, any questions or suggestions?
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:59 am

Skittle, could you please explain to me what Cyber and Steam Punk are for me? Apparently this is Cyber Punk and I just was never explain what they exactly are.

I'm going out on a limb to say that they involve technology heavy worlds and places.. gadget-worlds. Am I at all accurate in my guess?

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 am

Well, Steampunk is set in the style of the American Industrial time, but with mechanics that are very advanced. Things like top hats, goggles, cogs, clocks, and smoke stacks (hence the 'steam' part of steampunk) are a common sight in these roleplays.

Cyberpunk is set with a much more modern spin, the cybernetics are sleek and efficiant, it looks much more like a future-esque setting than a steampunk roleplay. But not so much that it looks like star trek. A good example would be something like the movie Ultra Violet, minus the virus thing, the technology there would be similar to the type of technology in a roleplay like a cyberpunk one.

Was I clear enough? I have some picture examples if you need them.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:22 am

Yeah. I guess I kind of guessed right in some regards. I never knew the difference or what they were even to consider making one myself. I suppose now that I know I could consider RPing in one of these.

But you know I'm busy with my own projects right now. I just wanted to know what they were and the differences.

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle! G.I. Joe!!

XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:57 am

glad I could help! ^_^
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 am

Yeah, I think I'll make my first Steampunk RP after Vaniya is starts up and things are established with that project.

I don't want to clutter your interest check thread with my posts so I'll just say thanks again for explaining it!

Steampunk actually does sound kind of cool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 am

Not any real questions at this time, though I might look for some more explanation of the tech stuff later on.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 am

That stuff will be in the ooc, but I'll allow a lot of creativity from the rpers as well, whatever your imagination can conjure up, that's what I'll allow. To a point at least, basically I'll just ask everyone to be reasonable if they want to introduce a piece of tech in.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Mmk. Sounds great.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:42 pm

I would join, this would give me a legitimate excuse to make a batshit crazy psychopath. I love those.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:19 am

That's.... four?
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 am

Tkwiget wasn't going to join, he just had some questions. So I still want at least one more.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:38 am

Ask Stion Gyas if he wants to join. I think he is active enough and believe he is into Cyberpunk as well as Steampunk. That might help you catapult the RP into moving along.

Skittle knows that I would join but I have a serious project that I need to get done. If I joined this and it got completed and I started up the game on FOG, it would probably consume much of my time away from my other role-plays. I don't want to drag a bunch of people through that kind of crap. I believe Skittle wants to have as many dedicated people to her RP as possible. I can't join cause I can't promise I can be one of those people. It would be rude of me to even try.

But yeah, try PMing Stion Gyas. He might be interested. Might try looking through the Archive post where everyone lists the stuff they like and dislike to RP. Those are just some ideas you could try out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Very Happy Thank you Tkwiget! I'll go pm Stion. And yah, I kinda figured you wouldn't want to join because you'd be busy with the Vaniya project.

I had fun reading all of the info you have set up btw!
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:04 pm

No problem!! If you bookmarked the website, you will be able to check up on in every few days for updates. It's far from finished as I have to spice it up with some pictures and probably a better layout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Hunter Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Well, I've never really RPed in this type of setting before, but I can see where both my characters could fit in Smile

Shadow Hunter
Mist
Mist

Female

http://Whenitcomestowar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HurricaneDelta Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:02 pm

A cyberpunk setting dealing with a machine cult... consider my interest officially drawn. I do have a few questions, however, regarding the technology.

-What measures are used to ensure people's identification matches the person in question? I'd imagine that photo-ID isn't very effective anymore- are we using retinal or genetic scans? Are there ways around that? (My cyberpunk characters are inclined to use false identification, so I feel it's relevent.)
-What advancements have been made in weaponry? Are we still using conventional firearms, or has technology made personal mass drivers (electromagnets or fission-propelled weaponry) or energy-based weapons available?
-Likewise, what measures have been taken to protect people from the current level of weaponry? If we're using ballistic weaponry, how effective are impact-resistant materials? If we're using energy-based weaponry, do we have absorptive plating, ablative coatings (material that "melts away" to diffuse energy), or personal energy shielding? How readily available are these means of protection, and how much do they cost, comparatively speaking?
-Medical technology... everything about it, basically. We already have hemostatic bandages that can save people who suffer from ruptured arteries. What advancements have been made in lifesaving supplies in the future?
-Regarding cybernetics, are they used solely for replacement of body parts, or can they be used for enhanced senses or stimulation of dormant brain functions? How invasive are these procedures, and are there lingering "tweaks" that must be dealt with (brain implants causing migraines or erratic behavior, unexplained pain from cybernetic limbs, et cetera)? Have cybernetics been weaponized, and if so, is it restricted to military or law enforcement personnel- or do other factions do it regardless of what the law says?
-Have means of travel advanced beyond internal combustion engines? If so, what is the current energy source for most transport; if not, is an advancement in development, did it fail in prototype, or was it deemed too expensive for production? Has vertical propulsion become common, and if so, is it done through electromagnets, fuel-based thrusters, or another means?

I know I'm probably putting a lot on you with these questions, so I'll refrain from asking any more until you've had time to recover from this initial burst. On that note, though- if you find yourself stuck on any details, I'd be more than happy to help out. Cyberpunk is one of my favorite fictional genres (and cultures). Heh heh.
HurricaneDelta
HurricaneDelta
Mist
Mist

Male

http://beatcrusherx2x.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:43 pm

I think I have enough people to start this thing....XD

Ok, HurricaneDelta, all those questions you just asked, are going to be answered in the ooc. Which I am typing up as we speak, please give me at least a day to finish it though.

After I set it up, you can pick it apart and ask away Very Happy. I am also grateful that you are offering help with it. I may or may not need it, so far I think I have everything thought out, but if I do need it, I'll be pming you.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HurricaneDelta Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Excellent! I'll wait quite eagerly for the OOC thread Very Happy
HurricaneDelta
HurricaneDelta
Mist
Mist

Male

http://beatcrusherx2x.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm also a big gearhead and can help out with tech stuffs. I <3 tech.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Ok guys, problem. I got my computer taken away, so that means that I only have access to a computer when I'm at school. So that means that I can't take on more than I can handle. Setting up another roleplay while I already have 3 going (one on this site and two on another) is a bad idea. I will barely be able to keep up as it is. So I'm putting this idea on official hold till I can get more computer time.

I'll revisit this and set it up when I can. Again, sorry, but it makes no sense to start something when I can't be involved in it.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down