FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Good or Bad guys?

+2
Kathryn Lacey
Dax
6 posters

Go down

Good or Bad? Light or Dark? Evil or Good?

The Good or Bad guys? Votele1063%The Good or Bad guys? Voteri10 63% 
[ 12 ]
The Good or Bad guys? Votele1037%The Good or Bad guys? Voteri10 37% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 19

The Good or Bad guys? Empty The Good or Bad guys?

Post by Dax Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:47 pm

In many RP's or videogames, you have a choice between villain or hero.

For the villain, it includes the typical black setting with black armor, cloth hood with red eyes, orcs, ogres, black dragons, demons, whatnot and a bunch of cool stuff (in its own way) to play around with.

As opposed to the Heroes which are usually shown in a typical white setting with humans, elves, angels, white armor with a white hood and white glowing eyes, whatnot and other cool stuff (in its own way) to play around with.

The thing is, what do people usually choose?????

I personally take both. Theres no real reason as to why or why I don't take a side, it depends on the mood and kind of day I had (:O).
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Good or Bad guys? Empty Re: The Good or Bad guys?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:01 am

I have to say, I am more comfortable playing as the "good guy" than the "bad guy." I like to do things the right way. I like to make things right in the world. I usually only play as a bad guy when there is no other choice or I have a really good reason to do so.

The only time I've ever played as a bad guy right off the bat was in a Star Wars video game, Knights of the Old Republic (1). And that was because I'd been a good guy in so many Star Wars games that I just had to experiment and see where it went. I have to admit, it was fun. But I was still plagued by those guilty conscious moments... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm on a pretty even scale. Though I do normally play the good-guys, it's because there isn't a lot of room to play as the bad guys in most role plays, you know? I'm not much of a gamer, so role playing is all I really have.

I know that when I'm in plays and skits and such, I love being the baddie. It's so much fun. ^^_^^

But yeah. I'm really in the middle.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HurricaneDelta Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 am

By nature, I tend to play games three times: once making decisions as I would make them, without consideration for "good" or "bad"; once consciously making an effort toward being "good"; and once, consciously working toward "bad." It does tend to depend on the brand of evil we're talking about, though- I have no problem blasting the hell out of the Stronghold of Good and mowing through the opposition, but the sort of evil that involves cutting down innocent bystanders and civilians bothers me. I can't explain the distinction, exactly, but I'm of the impression that it has to do with honor. If I am going to be evil, it had best be the kind of evil that gains respect from those who follow it and is feared by those who oppose it.
HurricaneDelta
HurricaneDelta
Mist
Mist

Male

http://beatcrusherx2x.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:20 pm

The light of truth and justice shall prevail always.

Yeah I liking playing the good guys. I mean come on it's always the good guy that gets the smoking hot enchantress or whatnot at the end of the game. Like what it is 14 final fantasy have taught us that.

And besides the good guy always wins in the end. And for some reason I have an aversion to evil characters in games and rps. I guess I prefer the self-sacrificing Hero type to the Self-serving Evil type.

But I also like my good guys to be a little deep and sometimes conflicted. Kind of like a Grey Jedi type or something. I prefer the good guys to be along the lines of Drizzit Do'Urden from the Forgotten Realms Series.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Hisoka wrote:But I also like my good guys to be a little deep and sometimes conflicted. Kind of like a Grey Jedi type or something. I prefer the good guys to be along the lines of Drizzit Do'Urden from the Forgotten Realms Series.

No matter how I love Drizzt, he always seemed to be a pale and thin character in the latter part of the series. Wulfgar is much more desirable.

I can play either side, and as previously mentioned, I prefer to have a sense of honor, no matter how roughshod. Respect is more powerful than fear, either way.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Wulgar is the biggest Mary Sue in the entire Forgotten Realms Series. First of all he a muscle bound barbarian that even towers over his own kind. And he has come so close to death so many times it isn't even funny. But every time he should have died one of his friends or some convoluted theory saves his ass. Honestly even when he did die he was saved yet again.

No Wulgar is too much the stereotypical hero,honestly he even has blond hair and blue eyes. And to boot he has a weapon he did no work to earn.

Drizzit was thin in the latter parts of the series because Robert Salvatore was trying to ohard. And honestly I think the series should have ended a long time ago. Drizzit was one of those been there done that, got the t-shirt types long before the series was even half-way through.

I like the Hero type but characters Like Wulgar are far too much a shining example. No one is that perfect and it irks me when these Knights in Shining Amour types keep popping up.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IWroteASongForYou Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:43 am

Usually I'm somewhere in the middle, but I'm more often evil than good. Smile
IWroteASongForYou
IWroteASongForYou
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down