FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early 90's Road Trip?

2 posters

Go down

Early 90's Road Trip? Empty Early 90's Road Trip?

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 pm

What's the Story
Morning Glory?

It's 1991. The music scene has just changed again; this time for a genre called grunge. Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc. The youth of America is changing, seeking something new, and we're breaking away from the norm even more. Hip hop is beginning to emerge, AIDs is growing, homosexuality is showing its face to society more and more. The world must be in pieces to attempt to make a whole.

But that's the bigger picture, and we're not focused on that. This is about the music of our souls. Of our hearts. And where a group of unlikely strangers can go with only the sound of life on their minds...

~x.x.x.~

A man in his late thirties, calling himself Dr. Sunny (or just Sunny), has gotten a bus. He's painted it with a peace sign and brilliant colors, and he's getting ready to go out and do something memorable. He's ready to affect the lives of a unique handful of people. He's trained in psychology, and is going to find youthful members of the society to take out, to go about with. He wants a road trip that will forever change their lives and his own. He wants to chase down the music.

This group, they'll be going from music festival to music festival, leaving behind their pasts to enjoy the present. It's all about living to the fullest, and living in the moment.

---------------

I'm going to see if this gets any interest. I'll be the driver and host of this adventure, Dr. Sunny, as well as one of the members on the trip. I'll take up to perhaps ten people on the bus, hopefully a little less. Like five to seven.

I want an even number of males and females, or close to even. No bus full of just chicks, or just dudes.

Now.
Anyone want to hop on for the ride?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Early 90's Road Trip? Empty Re: Early 90's Road Trip?

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Here's a bit more explanation: I hope hope hope I can get some interest for this!

- - -

Dr. Sunny is actually a man named Samual Norman, a popular psychologist in San Jose, California. He lives a happy life with his wife Maria, and enjoys is wealthy lifestyle...

It is when his wife dies, that his life drastically changes. A middle aged man, left alone with oncoming insanity from such a powerful loss, and no longer able to deal with the psychological problem of his rich whiny clients. Suicide seemed more and more appealing to the lonesome ex-psychologist, but something saved him. And it was the music.

The grunge scene truly opened up in 1991, early on. He listened, and he heard, and he felt like it sparked something in him to live again. The man at first traveled alone, back and forth, to different concerts and things, meeting the youth who lived in this day and age to the fullest... And he took on the nickname Dr. Sunny. And with his newfound hobby, he decided to do something completely spontaneous, and rewarding. He spent his retirement funds on a bus.

A large school bus, nothing special, with the seats removed. He put in the effort to get it cleaned up, and washed. He put in the back of the bus bean bags and a fridge, and several curtained areas. He has a sofa in one section, and the front still has the usual brown leather bus seats. He painted the outside with spray-paint, wild colors of violet, orange, yellow, and blues. A peace sign is on the back, a brilliant trippy sun on the front left side. He's got wild designs all over it, and on the right side it reads "The Sunny Ride".

And with the rest of his money, he has several saving areas. He's got one to pay for festival and concert prices, another for food and hotels, a savings for gas and bus fixes, and a last one for anything else and beyond. And now, with his bus ready, he's prepared for the adventure of a lifetime- traveling from city to city on the west coast looking for a handful of young people (17-29).

And with them, he hopes they'll teach him how to live again, and that he can offer them the ride of a lifetime.

- - - -

I have several twists and turns for this, but first I need interest. ANYONE looking for a fun ride in the 90's? PWEEZ?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:25 pm

I'll ride along as lead singer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Lol, wait. Let me explain something.

This is not a band rp. These people aren't in a band, they are just strangers riding on a bus going to different music festivals. They're patrons of music, not apart of a band lol. Do you understand?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 am

Hey man, I heard you were like, looking for people to rock out with, or somethin' you know? I totally got like, this chracter in mind, so if you, uh, still wanted to go, that'd be rad.

I can, maybe, bring some bud.

EDIT:

Diodri wrote:Hey man, I heard you were like, looking for people to rock out with, or somethin' you know? I totally got like, love music, so if you, uh, still wanted to go, that'd be rad. I can, maybe, bring some bud.

That will probably be in my intro post, XD. And yes, I quoted myself. In the same post. I rock.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 am

Nevermind then

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 am

Sweet! Nice to have you Diodri. If I can get maybe like two or three more people interested, I'll whip up an OOC that'll be a good deal more descriptive of the settings, and things.

TWO OR THREE MORE PEOPLE!?!?! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:29 pm

Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down