FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spellsinger's Tale

4 posters

Go down

Spellsinger's Tale Empty Spellsinger's Tale

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

"Come, listen to my tale, hear the sounds of two hearts beating, hear the screams of this world bleeding, a tale of elegies and rhapsodies, of discord and harmony, a tale of the Spellsingers, and how they came to be."

The audience clapped and cheered, for they knew the tale well, and it was an old favorite. They surrounded the old man cheerfully by the campfire, each one locked in rapt attention.

"Once, long ago, when the mountains were young and the oceans as children, there was The Song. In The Song all things were created, from the lowliest mouse to the mightiest Dragon, and everything in between. The Song was the instrument of creation, first harnessed by beings known as the Treblé. They were the ones who orchestrated the creation of this world, and populated it with all of the animals and plants. Centuries passed. The Treblé grew within themselves a desire to make something more than just mindless beasts. Thusly, the humans were born."

"Among the humans, various kingdoms and tribes were organized, and they warred constantly. Some among the Treblé wanted to wipe the humans from the face of the earth, seeing the creation as failed. But some among them saw the better nature of the humans. They looked for ones among the humans who promoted peace, and who ultimately had a better nature than the vast majority of their fellows. These became the first Spellsingers. Weaving Songs of peace and harmony they ushered in a new age of tranquility in this world. This was called the Age Of Harmony."

The audience cheered, enraptured by the old man's tale. Coins were tossed into his hat, but they knew that there was more of the tale to be heard.

"The humans grew complacent with their powers, and some started using them for evil. Singing songs of destruction and discord, they gained a foothold in the world and started waging war on a grand scale, many flocked to their side, including some of the Treblé who had long wanted the humans wiped off the face of the earth. This was called The Discord. The good Treblé sided with the good Spellsingers and ultimately both sides were decimated. The Discord was three hundred years ago, as you all know well, children. Ultimately the light won out, and the leader of the good Spellsingers, Arrean Ouroborum, founded the Arpeggio Knights, a force dedicated to upholding justice throughout the land. His line has held the tradition well, and even now the Arpeggio Knights are a beacon of goodness to all who can see them."

The old man got up, hefting his hat that was full of coins, and dumping the contents into his money purse. The crowd's cheers could be heard for long after, as toasts and reminiscing coalesced into a village wide party. The old man's mood, however, was not so raucous. He knew of the coming darkness, and that the Arpeggio Knights were in no condition to combat it. No. It was time for a new generation of Spellsingers. And that was what he was out to find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so basically the players are going to be spellsingers, a kind of mage who casts his spells through song. This is the only way to use magic in this world. Note that there is a melee tradition among the spellsingers as well as the other medieval weapon styles. The world is medieval fantasy, with monsters appropriate to that setting. When casting a spell I would like you to write a short lyric describing it's effect. For example: A spell to set an orc on fire would be as follows. "Bit of flame, spark the air, burn this orc, everywhere!" For more powerful spells I would like longer lyrics, such as spells of building/making. Note that you cannot create something from nothing and magical constructs are flimsy, but you can do simple creations. If you had the materials to build a building you could sing it into existence but this would take more than one singer, etc. Only humans are going to be allowed. There are no elven or dwarven Spellsingers.

Back to top Go down

Spellsinger's Tale Empty Re: Spellsinger's Tale

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Looks interesting. I'll just have to see if I have the time for this one.
Which reminds me. "Death to the Unclean!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Mmm, looks good. You have my interest, but I don't know if I have the time.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am

This seems like it would be pretty fun. I'll give it a shot if it gets off the ground.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:32 pm

I'd love if some of you would actually commit Razz. I've got 3 maybes. I want 5 for sure people in before I start.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

I'll commit if it starts up, lol. I just don't want to get ahead of myself and create something/someone I'll never use.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm

If I get 5 people saying they're in I'll start the ooc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 pm

I'll commit then. I'm considering various "different" characters from what I normally play. I think they'd fit, but so far I've got... clothes. xD
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

*Raises a hand*

I would very much like to join, if I may. =D Sounds very interesting.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Sounds good to me.. that's what.. 4? I don't think Cold is gonna do it actually... so 3. 2 more people! Recruit! Gogogo!

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 am

Alright, I'll actually commit.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:38 pm

I want my character from the original one if thats okay Elric.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:57 pm

I changed the world though. There aren't mythical creatures in this one ._.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Damn it Elric!
D:

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:47 am

I'd like to play, if you're still looking for people.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Okay we have Anaris, Mysticaldragon, RedBaku, Kaedai, and Stion. I'll start in a day or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Having monitor issues so when I replace this one I'll start the ooc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Anaris, let me clarify from above: You can play your original character but as a pixie, she can't spellsing Razz. OOC IS GOING UP!

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/advanced-ooc-discussion-f15/spellsinger-s-tale-t1499.htm#31573

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down