FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G.I. BLOW!

+9
Gunneh
Ms. Night Surgeon
Sunni Ookami
Inerio
Fate Flyer
Ragter the junior greeter
Dio the Awesome
Squall Reyes
Hello Danger
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

G.I. BLOW! Empty G.I. BLOW!

Post by Hello Danger Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 am

GI JOE SUCKED! I was so disappointed. I went to the midnight showing too! Mad

Unless you're 12 - 14 I recommend you waiting for it to come out on dvd or even waiting for it on TV!

Anyone else agree? Disagree?
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

G.I. BLOW! Empty Re: G.I. BLOW!

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 am

I didn't even bother to see it. The trailers themselves sucked so bad I looked at my wife and friends and said, I don't care what you say I'm not going to see this and have my childhood raped. You don't take a toy, a game, a comic whatever the source material is, look at it, spit in its face and make your own very lame story to it and THEN plaster on the names of the characters and title.

I mean at least they changed the god damn title of Hellblazer to Constantine, surprisingly hated it as an adaptation but an ok movie regardless. I know so many movies want to go for CGI amazingness, but for fuck sakes. Star Trek had CGI and a damn good story to go with it! Is it that hard? Ironman! Another example! The first Transformers wasn't bad too! (Don't get me started on the second, it does not exist.)

Was it me or has this summers movies been disappointing compared to last years?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:28 am

^ This.

Because those movies aren't worth the time it would take to retype what Squall wrote.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Eh..didn't bother to see it either, from my angle, it just looked like this: *big action scene, explosion, 1 funny joke, more action scenes*

That's the impression I got from the trailer, anyways.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Your pretty much right on in your assumption Rag.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Ha, I figured as much. For once, my guess is right Smile
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Aww, did it? Onenitedrive wanted to see that, I think. I'll have to let him know that you didn't like it.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Why spend money when you could watch it online for free?

www.sidereel.com

Just wait for it to spread throughout the internet for people to watch for free. I watched it, didn't pay for the ticket, but it was a disappointment to me too. Didn't follow the original G.I. Joe storyline at all. What a joke.

The original cartoon is more entertaining than that crap movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm

The only reason I wanted to go was for the chicks. >> I totally don't have a one track mind. I'll admit though, I knew it was going to totally blow the series to hell. Like the latest X-men movie or Transformers 2, or Spiderman 3 or. . . Well, you get it.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah... I figured it would blow too! But I gave it a chance. If movies keep sucking like this people are going start accepting it, and come to be okay with the suck. What's even scarier is its getting worse, movies are getting worse! I fear for our children's children!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Actually, all the comic book movies I've seen suck. All of them.

Even Dragonball Evolution sucked.

Movie directors have no idea what they are doing nearly all the time. If they were original ideas, then I'd say the movie was alright, but even then it wasn't good enough for me to want to buy on DVD or blueray.

I swear, they need to fire all these directors and producers and have some people that are actually good at making solid pieces of video quality to make money off.

I guess they think that since they are the "ones" in charge they can change whatever the hell they want and butcher the brand name with a crappy product.

I sure as heck know if I had a cartoon show or series of other popular products, I wouldn't allow any asshole the chance of making a movie off my stuff. Money isn't really a great motivator if I care more about my fan base than some movie douche's wallet and check book.

I think the only people that have the right to create a movie based off something are the people that made that something. if they aren't alive, that's tough shit then. Deal with it. Nothing is stopping the person from making something is just as great or even better by using their brain and creative skills to construct a working storyline, plot, character development, and many other aspects that make a great movie, well great.

I feel the same way about the movie industry that I do about the video game industry. There are too many things untapped in the market that the people "in charge" know about but are also blind about to really turn a profit and entertain the nation with a very high quality film.

A movie is basically like an RP, right? I suppose some of those directors and producers need to actually try writing a story for once instead of splashing flowery pointless special effects in front of people for a couple hours.

I wish people would use their brain more often in professional fields. I sure as hell can do way better job than them and I have zero experience in the field. I feel like this entire site could do better than them. Sad. Truly is sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Ineri-hoe wrote:The only reason I wanted to go was for the chicks. >> I totally don't have a one track mind. I'll admit though, I knew it was going to totally blow the series to hell. Like the latest X-men movie or Transformers 2, or Spiderman 3 or. . . Well, you get it.

OR EVERYTHING WE EVER ONCE HELD DEAR DURING OUR CHILDHOOD!

D:
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Let's face it... for once, it's not Sparta.

IT"S MADNESS!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:06 pm

It did blow.

Bad beggining, bad develop, bad climax, bad ending, bad acting, bad effects, bad story speed.

Like, seriously, the best thing of this movie was the jokes made in it. At least some of it. At least in my case it was free. They were showing free sneak peaks on all/most Air Force bases for free.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 pm

First of all Tkwiget....you really expect something good out of a live action Dragonball movie? REALLY?

I think not all comic movies sucked and this is coming from a die hard fan. X men was decent, but X men 2 was very much on the ball, still a bit too heavy on Wolverine though. I liked Spiderman 2's take on Doc Ock even MORE than the comics. Which was surprising, damn surprising. Blade 1 and 2 were not back, 1 because it was good for what the had to work with, 2 because it was directed by Guillermo de fucking toro! Hellboy was spot on, yes they changed the plot which resulted in a very entertaining movie.

Ironman was rock solid. Only to be for shadowed by the "Godfather" of comic movies, the Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan took the Batman story and made it his own, and made it true enough the source material to make me die a happy man. Begins was also a very good story, but I have no love for the quick cut fight scene camera work. Sin City was damn well done, and 300 was also very good.

Now you do have your movies which were so so such as The Punisher (very under rated in my view), Both Hulk stories I thought were pretty solid, with the first one more of a character piece than an action movie, but at least it was a good one. The second one has the action the first was missing but still kept a good storyline. The second Hellboy though not up to the first one standards was thrill to watch. And Watchmen could have been done much better but was still a good movie in its own right.

Then of course there is those which we will not speak about. (You know who you are X men 3, Spiderman 3 and Origins: Wolverine and others.) It's not easy to make a movie about comics, there is so much history there so much about the character that should be included, but of course in the end will not because most audiences would never see a 4-6 hour movie. (I say most cause I know I would!) This leads to many tough choices that will of course leave a bad taste in some kinda fans mouth. But are necessary to make in order for the film to be shorter so it can make money in order to you know make more films.

Sadly sometimes studios who really have no idea how to make a good movie step in and try to take control of some of these movies. (See X men 3, Spiderman 3, Origins Wolverine and others.) While many who fall under complete control of the director and or creator turn out to be gold. (See Ironman, X men 2, Dark Knight and others) While those who expect the movie to fallow the comics down to a T will always always be disappointed. Ok that's the end of my rant....no wait....

Dragonball.....REALLY?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Squall Reyes wrote:First of all Tkwiget....you really expect something good out of a live action Dragonball movie? REALLY?

I think not all comic movies sucked and this is coming from a die hard fan. X men was decent, but X men 2 was very much on the ball, still a bit too heavy on Wolverine though. I liked Spiderman 2's take on Doc Ock even MORE than the comics. Which was surprising, damn surprising. Blade 1 and 2 were not back, 1 because it was good for what the had to work with, 2 because it was directed by Guillermo de fucking toro! Hellboy was spot on, yes they changed the plot which resulted in a very entertaining movie.

Ironman was rock solid. Only to be for shadowed by the "Godfather" of comic movies, the Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan took the Batman story and made it his own, and made it true enough the source material to make me die a happy man. Begins was also a very good story, but I have no love for the quick cut fight scene camera work. Sin City was damn well done, and 300 was also very good.

Now you do have your movies which were so so such as The Punisher (very under rated in my view), Both Hulk stories I thought were pretty solid, with the first one more of a character piece than an action movie, but at least it was a good one. The second one has the action the first was missing but still kept a good storyline. The second Hellboy though not up to the first one standards was thrill to watch. And Watchmen could have been done much better but was still a good movie in its own right.

Then of course there is those which we will not speak about. (You know who you are X men 3, Spiderman 3 and Origins: Wolverine and others.) It's not easy to make a movie about comics, there is so much history there so much about the character that should be included, but of course in the end will not because most audiences would never see a 4-6 hour movie. (I say most cause I know I would!) This leads to many tough choices that will of course leave a bad taste in some kinda fans mouth. But are necessary to make in order for the film to be shorter so it can make money in order to you know make more films.

Sadly sometimes studios who really have no idea how to make a good movie step in and try to take control of some of these movies. (See X men 3, Spiderman 3, Origins Wolverine and others.) While many who fall under complete control of the director and or creator turn out to be gold. (See Ironman, X men 2, Dark Knight and others) While those who expect the movie to fallow the comics down to a T will always always be disappointed. Ok that's the end of my rant....no wait....

Dragonball.....REALLY?

I'm a fan of all those products. They failed to deliver the story behind all of them. When I see a movie based off something with real actors in it I expect it to be more accurate than just character names and basic story structure between heroes and villains. They sucked at doing that. There for all those movies are complete shit.

Yes, I thought the Dragonball movie was going to be good. Should have looked into it before I spent money on the ticket. Shit happens. Doh

I haven't went to the theater to see a good movie in a long time. The industry is like in major trouble right now. I think it has been like that for at least five years cause I can't remember a well thought out movie that I've seen in that long inside a theater room. I suppose you could say the Bourne movies were good, in fact they are, but I didn't go see them in the theater and I don't believe all of them were made in the last five years anyways. I do hope the forth Bourne movie will be just as awesome as the first three.

I just hate movies that are based off existing stories that butcher those stories to death. Nothing about any of those comic book movies make them great. Nothing at all. It was disappointing to see all the bad guys in the spider man movies played out so horribly and in the wrong order. I didn't read all the comics to the original story, but going off the first cartoon of spider man just makes the movies look like inaccurate pieces of garbage. They could have done much better under their budget. Same with the X-Men movies. They didn't even get most of the characters accurate nor did they introduce all of them. Now they are doing origin movies? What a waste of fucking money. I rather have re-makes of the other ones because of their crappy job. Story was weak, character develop was weak, no plot twists that I saw and if there was some then they were very weak, and too many inaccurate things about them to really make me give them any rating above a 4 out of 10.

I place a lot of responsibility on the director and producer of these movies because their end result determines whether or not it kills the product they are basing their film off of. Next X-Men origin movie is about Dead Pool, let's see now.. the guy is dead! What is there to even talk about? Next spider man movie introduces Scorpion and based off the story they are running with so far, it will be total crap cause of how they are introducing each villein.

I don't really understand how people can believe these films are good when they butcher the living hell out of the brand name. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel. It's pretty negative, I know, but I blame the directors and producers for the shitty movies we are forced to pick from when we want to go on dates, hang out with friends, etc. I don't really think my opinion of them will get any more positive until they pull their heads out of their asses and really think about what they are doing before they make final decisions. Makes me feel sorry for the writers of those awesome movie scripts that get butchered by stupid directors and producers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Night Surgeon Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:54 pm

There weren`t even any good explosions?
Ms. Night Surgeon
Ms. Night Surgeon
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 pm

No explosions that you haven't seen DOZENS of times in other action movies Ms. Sorry to say.

I can understand why you feel that way Tkw but you must remember directors and writers have 2-3 hours to put in what comic writers can take months even years to flush out in comics, not only that but the story sometimes jumps from several different comics. It almost like expecting them to make a movie from a book word for word. Have you see the audio readings of books, they are 12 hours long in some cases. Making a movie that long is not practical. Also the writers and directors are artist themselves and want to tell their own story. Do some of their stories suck, fuck yes. Do all of them, hell no.

As for the state of movies I'll agree it's not good but have you seen No Country for Old Men? Frost/Nixon? Doubt? The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford? All are excellent Hollywood movies that continually put my faith back into the business. Also as I said before I quite like Spiderman 2's take on Doc Ock he made him a character with human quality, not some run of the mill evil genius like the comics and tv show. As for Deadpool one of the secret endings at the end of the credits is Deadpool grabbing his own head. (Because Deadpool is awesome like that. XD) Rumor is that they are going to take the Deadpool route anyway for his movie and totally break the 4th wall and say fuck you Wolverine Origins. (Which would be awesome.) Should we expect his past to be to a T? No. Why because HE doesn't even know his own god damn past. XD

I'll agree with you that they need to reboot the X men series, but that can't be the cure to every bad movie that comes out. Or else well get nothing but remakes for years to come which I don't know about you but I'd rather swallow battery acid. These are movies, not comic books and even the MAN himself Sir Alan Moore has said that they are completely different. You can't expect to get in a movie what you get from the comic book or TV show.

PS Don't worry about Dragonball I got gitty when I first heard about it too.....-.-
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Squall Reyes wrote:First of all Tkwiget....you really expect something good out of a live action Dragonball movie? REALLY?

Dragonball.....REALLY?

Agreed. I knew about this movie being made for yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaars. Back when it was just a supposed rumor, then a proved one, then a possible dropped one, then a we-have-pictures-omfg one, then a sucktastic, it's-been-on-for-a-day-and-already-on-dvd-preorder one. So, yeah. I read the story on this movie and was like, "Oh, noooo. They did not just take the main elements of the actual story and completely DESTROY it...."

But, you have to be a little lenient for some good comic movies. A hour and a half movie compared to the plenty of chapters they have for the comics, they have to condense the important. I'm okay with condensing, but not change. Like (even though this is not a comic book) with each sequel of Resident Evil, I hated the movies more. I mean, the last one, the only thing they had to do with Resident Evil was the zombies and Claire who was a suuuuuuucky adaption of the actual Claire.

Spiderman is a good example for condensing it, though. I had one of the actual old school Spiderman books and it was pretty good at getting the main points and modern-izing it.

And, if I remember correctly, some comics went from being one thing to another. Batman started out as just some bat-costumed-detective thing.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 pm

The early comics very much made jumps from one story to the other. They wanted to flush out the character is my guess, figure out what really works with them.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, that sounds like what happened to Batman. It's actually pretty cool to see the difference between the old and new version of super heroes.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Well everything changed when Gwen Stacy got killed by Osborn. It sent a shock to writers to make their characters face tragedy not just in their past but in their lives now.

Then Watchmen came out and the rules went out the window again and superheros were now more human than ever. Which is a very good thing.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Artists that don't respect the work of previous artists are just copy-cats with bad talent. As a graphic artist myself, I would find it very insulting.

Since you ruined the Deadpool movie for me, I guess I won't bother to pay money to watch it. Although, I could see why he would survive Wolverine's attack though and it is more of a sci-fi film than your typical action-packed thriller.

I just don't like the quality of the work put into these movies. I see them and just wonder how much better they can be done. I see very few positive things about it. Shit, City of Ember is like loads better than most of those comic films and it isn't even an action movie. Not really sure what kind, probably mystery or something like that.

I just wish they would leave something that is popular alone for once. It just pisses too many people off if you do a shit job on it.

Btw, you say it would make a movie too long if it was based off a comic? I find this hard to believe. I'll use the spider man movies as an example and base it off the original cartoon (cause it's easier to look that up on the internet to watch than it would be to read the comic).

First bad guy was the Hobgoblin. Not the fucking god damn Green Goblin. What the hell is up with that creative thinking? Absolutely no damn research was even put into that decision. Now there was like, maybe 4 or 5 episodes of the Hobgoblin, right? You could easily take that as reference material in making the movie. Be creative: that's part of the fucking job. I don't mind them putting fluff in the movie cause all movies have it whether we know it or not. I'm not even asking for the fights to be totally accurate to the cartoon nor do I even care. I just want the bad guys to come in order and to follow the story at least 80% accurate to the original.

I don't really think it's that hard to make a quality film follow a segment of a story for 2 or 3 hours while not butchering it. Really, I don't think it's that hard.

I really don't want to discuss the Dragonball film. Too many things about it just make me want to kill the director and producer.. then torture all the writers. God I hate them for killing one of the most popular franchisees from Japan.

I'm not lenient on films. I expect my entertainment to be good.. not a big pile of walking shit. I guess I'm just over critical and picky. Some people like the films so I guess they believe they are doing something right. I just hold a lot of expectations on stuff with popular titles cause I expect them to deliver the story accurately to the original.

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Tkwiget wrote:
First bad guy was the Hobgoblin. Not the fucking god damn Green Goblin.

Whoa whoa whoa stop right that man. Sorry to break this to you but Spiderman first faced the GREEN Goblin in the comics wayyyyy before Hobgoblin was even in the picture. Hell it was the GREEN Goblin who killed Gwen Stacy which Spiderman still blames himself for. The TV show's could not show any character dying. Which is why Gwen never bought the farm. The TV show took as much artistic liberties as the movies. The Hobgoblin didn't show up to Spiderman until at least the 200th issue.

PS The first villain Spidey ever faced in the comics was the Chameleon.

Last edited by Squall Reyes on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Night Surgeon Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 pm

I adore Watchmen... The characters are so tragic. >w< It`s wonderful to see that sort of gritty, escape from perfection.

Ofcorse I`ve always been a big Batman fan... So lolz.
Ms. Night Surgeon
Ms. Night Surgeon
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Squall Reyes wrote:
Tkwiget wrote:
First bad guy was the Hobgoblin. Not the fucking god damn Green Goblin.

Whoa whoa whoa stop right that man. Sorry to break this to you but Spiderman first faced the GREEN Goblin in the comics wayyyyy before Hobgoblin was even in the picture. Hell it was the GREEN Goblin who killed Gwen Stacy which Spiderman still blames himself for. The TV show's could not show any character dying. Which is why Gwen never bought the farm. The TV show took as much artistic liberties as the movies. The Hobgoblin didn't show up to Spiderman until at least the 200th issue.

PS The first villain Spidey ever faced in the comics was the Chameleon.
Notice I said that was based off the cartoon, not the comic, because the cartoon is easier to actually compare things to than a comic which was printed way before the show came out. My point still stands. I never read the comics so I never could actually compare the very original story to the movies. So I compared it with what I thought was the next best thing.

I guess me not knowing the very original story line from the comics is the source of why I think the first spider man movie sucks. Still doesn't change the fact I won't ever buy them on DVD. I suppose the movies are more accurate than I original thought, at least the first one. Still don't like them very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Basing your entire knowledge of an entire franchise off of the movie isn't the smartest idea in the first place. Actually, basing it off of the cartoon isn't really either: That's like watching the Harry Potter movies so you won't have to read the books. Reading the comics is half the fun of loving the characters! I've made it a habit to visit my local comic shop every month so I can read more about these amazing characters.

The comic book industry isn't as highlyregarded as it should be, anyway. Unfortunately, it's still looked down upon if you read comics. I'll not even mention how many times I've gotten called a geek, dork or nerd because I've got a bit of a collection, but I don't really care because READING IS READING. So what if it's not some big work of fiction from some well-known author? No one ever said that you had to read a novel to be educated, now did they?

Besides, The Watchmen was voted one of Time Magazines Top 100 Novels of All Time ^_^
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:29 pm

For the record. I've never read a single Harry Potter book but I've seen every movie and like them some what.

I know it might not sound like the smartest thing to do by comparing a cartoon with it's movie counter-part, but it was the only past experience I had to run off. Now, knowing that the comparison is complete shit, has made me realize that. Still, the movies are shit since they didn't follow the comics at all.

I wouldn't have anything to bitch about with movies if they simply did a better job at making them.

To me a great movie is one that I not only buy in DVD, but will watch over and over, like a really awesome video game. Movies are hurting pretty badly, so are video games (but this thread isn't about video games).

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm having trouble following the discussion here.

Originally, you were basing your argument off a TV show, rather than the comics, right? The TV show, however, wasn't any truer to the comics than the movies. Contrary to your argument that things should be truer to the comics, though, you didn't have any argument against the TV show skewering the original comic's plot?

So you're saying that it's okay for every type of media except movies to completely restructure characters and storylines?

A director isn't going to make a movie 100% accurate to the original storyline of the comic. Why? Because then there would be no point in making the movie. If people wanted the exact storyline, they'd go read the comic books and get the whole story instead of the 1/1,000,000th of the story a movie could deliver.

For instance, in the original Spider-man, I'm 99% certain that Peter Parker didn't get the ability to shoot webs from his wrist from the spider bite. I believe that, like in the TV show, he had to rely on a device that he created for that. I could be wrong, and if I am, so be it, but that's just one example of a change that was made between the comics and the movies. Did it kill the story? No, it just means that they needed one less movie prop, the story was that much more believable; face it, a teenager creating some device that fires a high-tensile web-like string great distances is kind of out there.

Directors try to remain true enough to the original characters and story that people will still enjoy the character as much as they did the one from the comics, but they want to create something that's their own. If you're an artist, as you claim to be, then you should know that simply reproducing something that someone else created, with absolutely no changes that reflect your own creativity, isn't something an artist seeks to do.

Edit: More on the original topic, I liked the new G.I. Joe movie. Granted, the old cartoons and comics were better, and they tried to wrap up way too much in an hour and a half time frame, but the action sequences were good, there was enough humor to keep me entertained, and the characters were true enough to their originals (or at least the concept behind the originals) to be fulfilling on that level. If you go into a movie expecting it to give you the exact same story as the cartoon/novel/comic that it's based off of, you're going to be disappointed.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:09 am

I'll give say this much about the movie. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were badass. The end.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: